The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,901 Senior Member
    Outer bands of that tropical depression are here. Raining heavy at times.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,303 Senior Member
    Just got back from touring the Cumberland Gap Nat'l park, then drove up to Harlan and Evarts, Ky. Will head towards Lexington tomorrow.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,939 Senior Member
    Watching California's Gold...a local TV show. Huell Howser is visiting the USS Midway in San Diego. Makes me want to visit there again.

If Ya go-----you should be able to find this plaque; we provided the last Marine EA-6B coverage for Midway:

A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,728 Senior Member
    I don't see your name on it NN

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

cpj said:
    knitepoet said:

Major N K Robinson. 
    OOPS...
    Nice catch
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    cpj said:
    knitepoet said:

Major N K Robinson. 
    OOPS...
    Nice catch
    Well, Mayor Nutty Ned would have been a giveaway.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Plaque says Robison, not Robinson....variation of spelling that last name or a mistake on the plaque.

"Robinson is an English language patronymic surname, originating in England. It means "son of Robin (a diminutive of Robert)". There are similar surname spellings such as Robison and Robeson."

Only Ned knows fer sure.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Big Chief said:
    Plaque says Robison, not Robinson....variation of spelling that last name or a mistake on the plaque.

"Robinson is an English language patronymic surname, originating in England. It means "son of Robin (a diminutive of Robert)". There are similar surname spellings such as Robison and Robeson."

Only Ned knows fer sure.

It is Pict, so it is Robison.

and Nutty Ned was my tactical call sign-----explained when I introduce myself to the forum.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    I've been watching Boston Blackie movies on TCM. Gettin to be my bedtime, so I'm DVRing the last few on tonight. Plus some Bulldog Drummond flicks on overnight.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,721 Senior Member
    First time I have seen this thread on page 2.
    We are getting pounded with rain here so that makes the heat really special to be out in.
    It is a good thing I have a couple things to do inside. ( ok more than a couple ! )

Borrowed me a Stihl pole saw. Got a bunch of high limbs cut around the yard today. Several more to go then I'm going around the fields at the farm to get some of them out of the way. Them saws can whoop an old mans arse.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    I got a dvd of the original old time Little Rascals. The boy and I are rolling😄

These shows are timeless.

Got some funny sounding kind of hot dogs for dinner.

That's the brand that I usually get. I've taken it to the SE shoot a couple of times and it went pretty fast. I like to grill it or fry it in a ribbed cast iron skillet.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Relaxed for two more days after we got back from Tennessee and after our house guests left, we hit the ground running. Went back to work in my business, this morning we have two 20yd loads of sand being delivered to level the pasture some and level the barn location, Saturday morning we have to drop the big tractor off to get serviced, then we're going to Fort Walton to finish the roof on that house, and on Sunday I'll get the central A/C system back up and running at the ranch. After that, we'll start taking the round pen down so we can drop the rest of the trees from where the hay barn will be going.
    Borrowed me a Stihl pole saw. Got a bunch of high limbs cut around the yard today. Several more to go then I'm going around the fields at the farm to get some of them out of the way. Them saws can whoop an old mans arse.
    I am still looking forward to cutting branches on my tree line too. My plan is to use an electric saw & get my old butt in the bucket & ride up to meet the branches. Still a lot of work doing the clean up but 1/2 the work is getting up there to cut high enough.
    Old Ron said:
    I am still looking forward to cutting branches on my tree line too. My plan is to use an electric saw & get my old butt in the bucket & ride up to meet the branches. Still a lot of work doing the clean up but 1/2 the work is getting up there to cut high enough.
    Wish I had a bucket truck. I'd get rid of several trees.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,795 Senior Member
    Using the saw is the easy part. It's loading the limbs in my trailer then unloading them that kills me. I loaded 2 5x8 trailer loads after lunch today.  The heat and humidity was awful.
    Pruned a Cherry tree today for an old Marine that needed help with it.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    edited May 2018 #25459
    I've got a hydraulic motor powered limb saw like the power company uses; easily powered from one of the hydraulic circuits on the tractor. Just have to get the two ports on the saw connected correctly to the tractor. They don't cut so good running in reverse!  :D   Right handy for limb removal in the trees around the hayfields, and an electric one for stuff around the house. That electric one is light and easy on the arms/back to use, and is easily extended or retracted for low or high limbs.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Thunderstorms started at around 4:00 a.m. this morning (that's when the thunder and lightning woke me up) and have been going non stop ALL DAY. Been coming in bands like it does down in FL at times. T-storm comes through, stops for a while, and another one rolls in and starts over. Got one going now, and it's just NASTY! Lots of thunder and close lightning, and toad strangler rain to go with all the light and sound effects.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

edited June 2018 #25461
    RugerFan said:
    Using the saw is the easy part. It's loading the limbs in my trailer then unloading them that kills me. I loaded 2 5x8 trailer loads after lunch today.  The heat and humidity was awful.
    You are correct. Loading isn't as bad as unloading. We did some more this afternoon. So far six 18 foot dual axle trailer loads. It was loaded to the max on every trip. Haven't even made it to the ones around the fields yet. Just glad we have a big gully on the farm to throw them in. That many loads hasn't even made a dent in that gully.
    tennmike said:
    Thunderstorms started at around 4:00 a.m. this morning (that's when the thunder and lightning woke me up) and have been going non stop ALL DAY. Been coming in bands like it does down in FL at times. T-storm comes through, stops for a while, and another one rolls in and starts over. Got one going now, and it's just NASTY! Lots of thunder and close lightning, and toad strangler rain to go with all the light and sound effects.
    We are under a severe thunderstorm watch til 2 am.
    Shooting Terminator012's 10/22 with my can on it was so much fun. I am thinking of having my .920" barrel threaded and returning my AMT Lightning 25/22 (SS 10/22 clone) to it's "Heavy" configuration

RugerFan said:
    You are correct. Loading isn't as bad as unloading. We did some more this afternoon. So far six 18 foot dual axle trailer loads. It was loaded to the max on every trip. Haven't even made it to the ones around the fields yet. Just glad we have a big gully on the farm to throw them in. That many loads hasn't even made a dent in that gully.
    I don't load cut limbs in a trailer. I use a long rope to drag them. Throw a couple of half hitches around the first ones and use the tractor to drag them to the next bunch, couple of half hitches on them, go to next bunch. When I get enough dragging behind the tractor I go to the sinkhole and throw them in; that way I only have to handle the danged things ONCE.

I back the bucket truck to the end of the tree line then cut heading to the burn pit
    Then put my hay forks on the tractor scoop up a load & take it to the pit . It takes longer than hauling but at least I can have a Pepsi . I should have never let it grow out of control like this. Now it is so wet here my 15 ton truck would be buried if I went down the lane with it. Out riggers would sink. I waited this long so a few more weeks won't hurt.

• 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 1,228 Senior Member
    My wife got rear-ended while driving my truck yesterday, I got the call while driving up the Turnpike from South Florida.

She is fine, nobody was hurt, but now I have the joy of dealing with the insurance company.  I fly up to Wisconsin next week to meet my oldest daughter and drive back home with her from school.  She has been driving my wife's GMC Acadia since August.  The plan was to send her back to school this August with my Canyon so that my wife could have her Acadia back.  Now I will be under a time crunch to get the Canyon repaired before August......hopefully the insurance agency will be cooperative.
    Good to hear she is ok !
    That small of damage should be a 2 day fix at a shop.  ( if parts are available )

My wife got rear-ended while driving my truck yesterday, I got the call while driving up the Turnpike from South Florida.

She is fine, nobody was hurt, but now I have the joy of dealing with the insurance company.  I fly up to Wisconsin next week to meet my oldest daughter and drive back home with her from school.  She has been driving my wife's GMC Acadia since August.  The plan was to send her back to school this August with my Canyon so that my wife could have her Acadia back.  Now I will be under a time crunch to get the Canyon repaired before August......hopefully the insurance agency will be cooperative.
    If you can't get that resolved in a week, you need a new insurance company.
    The question is whether I let my insurance company (Geico) handle it or try to go through the insurance company of the guy that hit her.  I have never heard of his insurance company before, it is listed as "The Standard Fire Insurance" on the crash report.
    If push comes to shove in your time frame you could get an estimate then buy the parts yourself & put them on & do the paint & dents later. Save you time & money.
    That would mean paying out of pocket and hoping to get reimbursed as much or more than I paid out of pocket.  Then I would have to find the time to do the work.  The truck is going to need a new bumper, tailgate and bed, then matching paint.  Not something I have the time or resources to tackle myself.