The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,608 Senior Member
    Cool! That compressor should be easy to fix, and U.S. made means parts should be readily available! Now you can use it to blow metal chips off mill and lathe, and into your eyes! :smiley:
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

edited April 17 #29163
    I've been getting this error message all day on the forum.
    "There was an error performing your request. Please try again."
    Batten down the hatches. Since yesterday's IT Forum Maintenance, this message has been appearing. There's a ghost in the machine...............................

Edit to add:
    I'm also getting this stupid message that won't let me post to a thread:

Your comment will appear after it is approved.

Looks like yesterday's Forum Maintenance is today's poop stick in the punch bowl.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,029 Senior Member
    [QUOTE]Your comment will appear after it is approved.[/QUOTE]

It never happens
    I have a need for speed
    cpj said:
    Picked up a WELL used compressor today. It's been acting sketchy. Likely a bad pressure switch. But, it's 8 years old. And has been run HARD. Like  some days just Minutes between cycles, if not just running solid for days. Anyway, since we don't fix things only replace them.....someone's got a "new" 2 hp 26 gallon made in the USA compressor.  
    And "only " 2 HP, that's 2 actual HP. Not like the ones at Walmart claiming 5 HP. Maybe they would make 5 HP, ILSI. (If Lightning Strikes It) 

I have one that sits horizontal----------wish I had a vertical one.

I have a need for speed
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,281 Senior Member
    More painting. Have I mentioned recently that I detest painting? Fortunately, not a lot of it, just the sheetrock on the inside where the two doors used to be.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 416 Member
    I had an interesting day today. I had to hand deliver a Glock to another shop because it was an out of state transfer and I’m not too far from Indiana (where it was going). Long story behind that, but anyhow it turned out that the receiving FFL was a type 7 manufacturer dealing in NFA items. The guy didn’t have a machine one in his shop but assembles NFA items from existing parts and does suppressor transfers/sales. I got to hold a full auto machine gun that was a pre ban (not sure what it was). Also learned that the only way you can make a full auto from scratch as a manufacturer is if it’s to be sold to law enforcement for “demonstration purposes”. The taxing, licensing and paperwork was a whole other ballgame. Was interesting to learn some new laws and I also found out that the ATF works only by intent. The rumor of guys getting hammered for a semi auto malfunctioning and running FA is false unless they tampered with it to make it FA or they left it “broken” and kept using it on purpose. 
    zorba said:
    More painting. Have I mentioned recently that I detest painting? Fortunately, not a lot of it, just the sheetrock on the inside where the two doors used to be.

Just put on your smock and get to it.
    I have a need for speed
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,011 Senior Member
    Started cleaning out the shop/ shed today. I've come to the conclusion that I can throw nothing away. Even a 10 inch piece of 2x4 or 8 inches of metal can be used in the future. Right??
    Messed around this afternoon and decided to take apart some pieces of an old disc harrow that were in the way. Got the blades off pretty easy; the nuts holding the discs and spools onto the axle disintegrated when I put a wrench to them. The discs looked odd so I did a little quick 'field test. They have a parabolic curve. Those would make some interesting .22 rimfire targets; if you had the cupped side toward you they'd send the bullets back! :D

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,971 Senior Member
    Started cleaning out the shop/ shed today. I've come to the conclusion that I can throw nothing away. Even a 10 inch piece of 2x4 or 8 inches of metal can be used in the future. Right??
    It all can be used at some point. Problem comes with a place to put it until then .
    Next problem is finding it again .  ( did I mention that I am a pack rat ? )
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,605 Senior Member
    NN said:
    cpj said:
    Picked up a WELL used compressor today. It's been acting sketchy. Likely a bad pressure switch. But, it's 8 years old. And has been run HARD. Like  some days just Minutes between cycles, if not just running solid for days. Anyway, since we don't fix things only replace them.....someone's got a "new" 2 hp 26 gallon made in the USA compressor.  
    And "only " 2 HP, that's 2 actual HP. Not like the ones at Walmart claiming 5 HP. Maybe they would make 5 HP, ILSI. (If Lightning Strikes It) 

I always thought they should make one with two or three skinny cylinders you could hang on the wall to save floor space.

Sorta like this but more bigger................ (hang tanks vertical for drains)

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,408 Senior Member
    NN said:
    cpj said:

I heard a GI say that once.............he was married to a Korean gal.................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,971 Senior Member
    By adding tanks you will keep your air dryer & that helps a lot with no water in tools or paint guns.
    Yard finally dried out from the last bout of rain (2 1/2") so I mowed it. Then I went back over it and mulched it (discharge chute block in place). It's been REALLY windy all day, but it finally warmed up. I'll be in the shop the next three days frantically doing work before the next cold front comes roaring in like a banshee on Sunday.

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,289 Senior Member
    Looking forward to see what "secret squirrel" projects come out of this shop time ;)
    :D
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet said:
    Looking forward to see what "secret squirrel" projects come out of this shop time ;)
    :D
    If the danged weather doesn't start cooperating, not much for the Shoot! It's supposed to be in the mid to high 50s tomorrow; it was 82° today. I've decided Mother Nature is a crack head!  I'm going to make a stab at those bushings tomorrow, and start on whittling out the action for the .22 inline muzzleloader. Brass is going to be right pretty for both, I think. I got the main dimensions of the action doped out and can get that part done. The rest is gonna be a lot of sneaking up on the parts and modification of some on hand parts to 'make do'. I can 'see in my head' what has to be done for modifying parts; I just have to translate that to the metal.

Things being the way they are weather wise, I guess that .22 muzzleloader may be it, and maybe not even it if the weather doesn't get its act together. At least I've got plenty of tannerite fixins, and I'll be bringing a couple of rifles that are oddballs.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,408 Senior Member
    You shoot that T-bolt any more when the weather was good?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,651 Senior Member
    Put on a coat and quit being a baby! You got work to do. 😬
    Ive started on the MUCH improved trigger hanger deal. Grizzly was out of 1/8 reamers, and I need one NOW.  So, looks like I'll be making a D bit reamer. Need the hole tight as possible on the pin. Don't need no weeble wobble action. 
    Pulled the spindle on my mower apart last night. Got the bearing today. Wasn't gonna mess with it tonight, as it's a 10 minute job to put it back together. But....the idler pulley is hoopajooped. Not sure W tf is up with that. So since that may take some doing, the widow fleecing machine gets moved up to the front of the line. Hopefully it's an easy fix. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    3 in a row to be approver
    I have a need for speed
    getting down right silly
    I have a need for speed
    Right eye is to be fixed tomorrow.
    I have a need for speed
    edited April 19 #29183
    I don't know the square root of eff all about excel - trying to get a column to auto increment and nothing works like Google says it should!

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    Excel can be a be-otch and make me say things I don't like to say.

Big Chief said:
    You shoot that T-bolt any more when the weather was good?
    When the sun has been shining, as in NOT RAINING, the wind has been in the mid 20 mph to 35 mph range. .22 rimfires don't do well in a swirling wind. So, no, I ain't shot it any more. :smiley: I did mow the yard today. First chance that it wasn't raining, and a BIG puddle in the yard.
    cpj said:
    Put on a coat and quit being a baby! You got work to do. 😬
    Ive started on the MUCH improved trigger hanger deal. Grizzly was out of 1/8 reamers, and I need one NOW.  So, looks like I'll be making a D bit reamer. Need the hole tight as possible on the pin. Don't need no weeble wobble action. 
    Pulled the spindle on my mower apart last night. Got the bearing today. Wasn't gonna mess with it tonight, as it's a 10 minute job to put it back together. But....the idler pulley is hoopajooped. Not sure W tf is up with that. So since that may take some doing, the widow fleecing machine gets moved up to the front of the line. Hopefully it's an easy fix. 
    I DO NOT, AND WILL NOT, work around a lathe or milling machine while wearing a coat. I have seen the results of that, and of a shirt sleeve getting caught on the rotating parts. Having an arm broken in multiple pieces and fingers missing isn't something I'm willing to chance. Thumbs down hand animated emoticon

YOU are most welcome to tempt fate, but I'm still in possession of all my bits I was born with, and don't intend to lose them this late in the game! My .22 inline muzzleloader will go together pretty fast. Biggest job will be the stock work, and I got that covered with ball end mills for action and barrel. I'm still dinking around with the trigger to use.

Excel can be a be-otch and make me say things I don't like to say.

Yea, I'm quite sure. Its a Microsoft product, after all. I know next to nothing about it, so kinda blunder through it on the extremely rare occasions I have to use it (read: manipulate somebody else's data).

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,506 Senior Member
    edited April 19 #29187
    That code 403 crap has kept me from starting 2 threads just now. 1 in 2a and the other one here about this #$&^@*$&;$'-:#*()#{'&#  code.
    I don't even get on here during the day anymore. Have to use my phone and I've done everything i know to stop the pop ups. Kinda embarrassing when you are sitting in a restaurant or or at break with co-workers and you hear.......You must update your browser now it has been infected blarring in everyone's ears. It won't stop now does it every time I come here. By the time I get home to my laptop everyone is gone. Luckily I haven't seen the 403 thing yet.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,258 Senior Member
    edited April 19 #29189
    I don't even get on here during the day anymore. Have to use my phone and I've done everything i know to stop the pop ups. Kinda embarrassing when you are sitting in a restaurant or or at break with co-workers and you hear.......You must update your browser now it has been infected blarring in everyone's ears. It won't stop now does it every time I come here. By the time I get home to my laptop everyone is gone. Luckily I haven't seen the 403 thing yet.
    Probly not half as bad as me launching a couple loud four letter words at the self check out kiosk at Walmart one quiet morning awhile back.

Attention walmart shoppers.🏃
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,651 Senior Member
    Knew my second idea was better. I was right. 

"I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    A customer sent some of my jerky o his daughter stationed in Kuwait.

She loved and and stated..."I've discovered that I can bribe leadership with mountain meats"..  B) 

It's fun being an international jerk...
    Support your local Scouts!