The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,803 Senior Member
    Scare people about anything & watch prices jump . Saw people buy ammo. for guns they didn't own so they could mark it up when the shortage happens .
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,936 Senior Member
    NN said:
    Stay safe doing that, hey.
    Took about an hour. Snow was up over the top of the auger intake in spots, just in time. 

Help from troll #3. 1994 called while I was up there, it wants it's Columbia Bugaboo jacket back.

I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,606 Senior Member
    Someone broke into my shed. About a year ago heavy winds took out portions of my fence. Ain't gonna fix it any time soon. Someone pulled up in the street, went up to shed and broke the clasp. Something scared em' off and they didnt take anything. Either that or my old mower, weed wacker, and assorted junk aint worth steeling. I fixed the lock, but it won't stop anyone with a hammer. Guess I'll find out if they really want my junk.
  • minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 718 Senior Member
    I’m really trying to be positive after getting 40+ inches of snow in the last 5 weeks so this is the only thing I can come up with.  I don’t have to bend over to get my beer while shoveling 
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    I’m really trying to be positive after getting 40+ inches of snow in the last 5 weeks so this is the only thing I can come up with.  I don’t have to bend over to get my beer while shoveling 
    I guess we should all look on the bright things in life. Which reminds me of a song.

If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• GilaGila Posts: 1,097 Senior Member

This thread is buggered and doesn't indicate new posts!

No good deed goes unpunished...
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,922 Senior Member
    Gila said:

This thread is buggered and doesn't indicate new posts!

This^^^
    I can't imagine that much snow. Keeps the beer cold though.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,605 Senior Member
    Near miss perhaps?

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba said:
    Near miss perhaps?

Where you get that??
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,803 Senior Member
    I bet there was a very interesting story to go with those Zorba . Hope you can find out what it was .
    zorba said:
    Near miss perhaps?

Where you get that??
    Read about that one. Can't remember the exact story and whether it was WWI or WWII. Anyway, a British soldier got hit by a nearly spent bullet from a Mauser, and it hit a clip of cartridges on his belt. That was the result.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

zorba said:
    Near miss perhaps?

Where you get that??
    It happened when I was just outside a little town called Bastogne in late 1944...

... and if you believe that...

No, the picture came from another forum, the guy had purchased this clip at a gun show. Somebody was REAL lucky!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    I still feel like a wishbone from last nite's "industrial strength" yoga class...

• waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 711 Senior Member
    I'm renovating my bathroom at the moment and happened to watch a U.S home improvement show while having dinner.
    I noticed you guys don't seem to use nogs/dwangs in your framing, when you hang plasterboard do you just fix vertically or do you also fix horizontally? we normally use a noggin line as a join as horizontal fixing is favoured here or meet halfway on a stud if going vertical.
    What in tarnation is a nog or dwang?

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,104 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    What in tarnation is a nog or dwang?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dwang

Overkill is underrated.
    edited March 13 #29419
    If that's what they are, I hate them. Makes running a wire from the attic or crawl space a PITA to add a receptacle later on down the road.

I call them a cross brace. 😁
    If that's what they are, I hate them. Makes running a wire from the attic or crawl space a PITA to add a receptacle later on down the road.

I call them a cross brace. 😁
    I call them a fire block, as that was what I was told they were for (by a fireman). Yea, they're a PITA but fortunately not seen all that often here in the US.

Our blizzard has been upgraded to a disaster here. Im glad I stayed home.🌀❄⛄
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,444 Senior Member
    Early you can keep that. It's supposed to blow in here tomorrow, not a blizzard but a cold front with 70mph wind gusts. It is in the 60's today with 40mph south winds, tomorrow in the 30's. Weird weather.
    It was warm here yesterday just like there today.

Better keepp an eye on the calfs out there tomorrow. This storm ain't bluffin'.
    Early you can keep that. It's supposed to blow in here tomorrow, not a blizzard but a cold front with 70mph wind gusts. It is in the 60's today with 40mph south winds, tomorrow in the 30's. Weird weather.
    That sounds like what it's supposed to do here. Severe weather forecasted from 10 to midnight tonight if it's on time.
    That sounds like what it's supposed to do here. Severe weather forecasted from 10 to midnight tonight if it's on time.

And it hits us here where I live tomorrow night. It was 70 deg. today. Supposed to get colder Thursday night and Friday. Ma Nature is going through menopause with these hot and cold flashes, and all that wind mess.

The sensational infotainment slime box just informed that we've had a winter weather gut punch.

How clever😒
    Why doesn't this thread show new post notifications anymore.
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,097 Senior Member
    Why doesn't this thread show new post notifications anymore.
    That's what I keep saying...  :#
    No good deed goes unpunished...
     posted to to get rid of draft I've done posted.
    Rained about 3/4" last night with a little wind, maybe 15-20 mph gusts. Looks like the storm blew out before it got here. Yard is still a mudhole, though.

I can't catch a break on a lower. All the LGS want as much to let me ship it there as their lowers are. 39 dollar Anderson and their price is 80 plus back ground check and taxes.