The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Pretty nice day today for a change. Clear skies, a yellow bright object in the sky that I think is called the Sun(?), and it got up to 65 degrees. Kinda nice. And tomorrow is gonna be warm, too. Feels like Spring done sprung. I'm waiting on that 3 feet of snow mid April. Ma Nature is being sneaky, I bet.
    This. Told Donna today it would snow in April. First year we was in this house 30 years ago. April 15th, Good Friday we were doing some remodeling. Was 55 degrees that morning and snowed 6"  by dark. It ain't over yet.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Pretty nice day today for a change. Clear skies, a yellow bright object in the sky that I think is called the Sun(?), and it got up to 65 degrees. Kinda nice. And tomorrow is gonna be warm, too. Feels like Spring done sprung. I'm waiting on that 3 feet of snow mid April. Ma Nature is being sneaky, I bet.
    This. Told Donna today it would snow in April. First year we was in this house 30 years ago. April 15th, Good Friday we were doing some remodeling. Was 55 degrees that morning and snowed 6"  by dark. It ain't over yet.
    I remember the snowstorms of March and April in '93 and '95. I don't trust old Ma Nature; she's a connivin' ol' heifer! :D
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,726 Senior Member
    At least with all the storms we don't run out of things to gripe about .  lol
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,331 Senior Member
    edited March 24 #29495
    Enjoy!

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Old wrought iron grate that started life as a small gate in Pennsylvania. Goddess only knows how old it is - I cut the hinge portion off, had what looked like about a century of paint and rust blasted off of it, took it to a welding shop for some repair welds as well as fabricating the mounting brackets, painted and mounted it in place of a small window between the front porch and the garage:

Inside view with new screen installed in the old window frame. Keeps out the birds, bugs, and bats!:

Some of y'all may remember these next pix of the exhaust fan I drug out from California and installed in place of a useless man-door diagonally opposite:

Outside view of fan louvers:

Now I just need to put in some permanent wiring for said fan. Garage should be a LOT cooler this summer, between the ventilation upgrades and the insulation I added to the garage door. Will get some passive cooling even when the fan isn't running.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Went to WallyWorld to do some shopping that needed doing. Got a pair of strap wrenches with reinforced rubber 'belts', and found some 12 gauge shotshells with 1 oz shotload, and loaded light(low velocity). Decided to buy a new huntin' and fishin' license, and realized I was eligible for the lifetime license. Cost a whole $55 dollars, and doesn't expire until 3/24/2219; that's the expiration date on my paper license until the plastic card gets here. I need to live until then to get the good out of it! :D :D :D :D :D
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,942 Senior Member
    Nice day-----started out at 30 degrees F and got to 71
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    tennmike said:
    Went to WallyWorld to do some shopping that needed doing. Got a pair of strap wrenches with reinforced rubber 'belts', and found some 12 gauge shotshells with 1 oz shotload, and loaded light(low velocity). Decided to buy a new huntin' and fishin' license, and realized I was eligible for the lifetime license. Cost a whole $55 dollars, and doesn't expire until 3/24/2219; that's the expiration date on my paper license until the plastic card gets here. I need to live until then to get the good out of it! :D :D :D :D :D
    I need to check that for a 56 year old.
    zorba said:
    Old wrought iron grate that started life as a small gate in Pennsylvania. Goddess only knows how old it is - I cut the hinge portion off, had what looked like about a century of paint and rust blasted off of it, took it to a welding shop for some repair welds as well as fabricating the mounting brackets, painted and mounted it in place of a small window between the front porch and the garage:

Inside view with new screen installed in the old window frame. Keeps out the birds, bugs, and bats!:

Some of y'all may remember these next pix of the exhaust fan I drug out from California and installed in place of a useless man-door diagonally opposite:

Outside view of fan louvers:

Now I just need to put in some permanent wiring for said fan. Garage should be a LOT cooler this summer, between the ventilation upgrades and the insulation I added to the garage door. Will get some passive cooling even when the fan isn't running.

That gate idea is cool and I like that fan idea.

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,484 Senior Member
    I have a small desk. About the right size for a grocery clerk. Been cleaning it out for two days. How someone so small can aquire so much paper work is beyond me. 
    Happy Greek Independence Day!

Daughter called today and said she was fixing supper y'all come eat. Boy did I. She over did it. Stuffed mushrooms, stuffed bell peppers, jambalaya, Green beans and corn. They were all great and now I'm fat and miserable. :)
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,427 Senior Member
    Home from work sick today, good news I don't have to work. Bad news I feel like crap.
    So, Clean tells me Sat is double Nickel-----I said great and gave her 2 nickels.

IT HIT THE FAN! :# 

She goes to her Vol time at NMRS and I go to the florist

Do ya think it will work, hey
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,484 Senior Member
    That's longer than I've been alive Ned. Congratulations. You can get more later if you need to.
    Congrats Mr. Ned. Hope it works but after that long it should. 

zorba said:
    Enjoy!

That was cool.
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,044 Senior Member
    NN said:
    So, Clean tells me Sat is double Nickel-----I said great and gave her 2 nickels.

If you add an expensive box of chocolate it might...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    Jewelry. This is gonna take jewelry...

NN, you ain't right! :D But I suspect Mrs. Clean has figured that out by now. And an early Happy 55th Anniversary to the both of ya!

Gila said:
    NN said:

If you add an expensive box of chocolate it might...

Hey that chocolate is a good idea------she can't eat it and I can <3
    Don't pull the hole you've dug in behind you! ;)

Both cars washed and waxed. Wax on, wax off.

zorba said:
    Both cars washed and waxed. Wax on, wax off.
    No need---it is--------pollen season.
    What NN said. Pollen is just NASTY right now. And mold is high here in the TN valley; lots of rain and no sun causes mold to go nutz.

Bought a new computer chair a couple of weeks ago, just added a mouse pad to the arm today. Now I can sit upright and comfortable.

My Dodge diesel pickup has been having electrical problems and they came to an impasse today. Went out to start it and go run an errand. Previously the electric windows, seat controls, vent fan, speedometer, and auto door locks were intermittent, and then just quit. Today the heater that comes on before start to heat up the intake wouldn't work, and truck wouldn't start. Had it hauled to the dealer and will see what the problem is;  I'd already checked fuses and wiring and found no problems. I have no idea what kind of computer control, if any, it has but suspect that is the problem. It's a 2001 year model.

edited March 29 #29519
    Mt computer went out in my ole 93 F350 one time. Rock auto had one and it was cheap. Worked fine
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,726 Senior Member
    It is getting to that time of year to do some shade tree mechanic work . After the flea market I plan to put my summer tires back on the truck & start oil changes all around . Only 9 to do but that will hurt the pocket book .
  • das68das68 Posts: 593 Senior Member
    dates from around 1900

History is littered with wars which everybody knew would never happen.

Enoch Powell