Home Main Category Clubhouse

The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,571 Senior Member
    I am happy to say that the Amazon outage yesterday had zero effect on my life
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,181 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    I am happy to say that the Amazon outage yesterday had zero effect on my life
    What Amazon outage?
    I cheered when face***k went down a few weeks back...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,359 Senior Member
    I got to thinking today while at the shop how working on guns all day long, for years kind of takes the fun out of them. I wonder if the same applies to a gynecologist. (That whole idle mind, devils playground thing)
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,808 Senior Member
    I got to thinking today while at the shop how working on guns all day long, for years kind of takes the fun out of them. I wonder if the same applies to a gynecologist. (That whole idle mind, devils playground thing)
    Take the fun out of going to Arby's for sure......
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,120 Senior Member
    Then that's the job I need to get off this addiction?  Somehow I doubt it... 

Ad as far as Gynecologists go, my dada was a MD and pretty much all his friends were too.  I asked that question of one of them when I was contemplating Med school and a specialty.  His answer was, "For every pretty one you see you have to go through a LOT of old, ugly, wrinkled, dry and nasty.  So YES you still enjoy the pretty ones just as much.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

edited December 2021 #29527
    A male Gynecologist makes about as much sense as a male Belly Dancer... Wait... ;)

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,393 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    A male Gynecologist makes about as much sense as a male Belly Dancer... Wait... ;)
    Sort of like an unmarried marriage guidance counsellor..............

Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 380 Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    Had sprinklers at work go off for the first time in years.... I think they accidently hooked them up to the local sewage lift station.

Ah, the joys of being on a ladder directly underneath an activated sprinkler head with a wood wedge in hand trying to stop the flow. Such sweet -NOT- memories.
    Sigh... I tried contacting PayPal customer service over a minor question - nothing bad or anything. No way to contact them except through some kind of automated "message us" thing that tries its best to hook you up with KB articles. That's fine, but my question didn't have anything to do with that. The stupid pop-up I was using was damn near impossible to use. Every time I hit the <ENTER> key, the crazy thing would say "message sent". I was typing in a box in the bottom of this pop-up - didn't make any sense to me - after hitting <ENTER>, my message would appear in the upper part of the pop-up along with suggested KB articles. I finally gave up - but then I noticed that the pop-up was shaped like a smartphone! If this stupid thing was modeled after a smartphone and/or works like one, no wonder it didn't make any sense! If I wanted a smartphone experience, I'd have used one. Gimme a text box with a "Send Message" button nearby and email me your response!

)O(
    I had my surgery yesterday. They fused my right SI joint with 3 titanium pins. Everything went really well and as planned. Weird thing is that when I was under anesthesia, I was in a flowery field. It was like a vague dream as just an observer and I remember having the thought during it that I'd be able to tell people about it once I was awake again. The nurse told me that you can't dream with the anesthetic that I had. No clue what that was all about. Anyhow, at home walking with crutches because I'm not supposed to put weight on it for a few weeks. Bone pain is a whole other animal and they gave me the lowest dose pain meds they could. And I have to do this all over again for the left side in a few months.
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,200 Senior Member
    Take it easy and take care, hey.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,120 Senior Member
    I had my surgery yesterday. They fused my right SI joint with 3 titanium pins. Everything went really well and as planned. Weird thing is that when I was under anesthesia, I was in a flowery field. It was like a vague dream as just an observer and I remember having the thought during it that I'd be able to tell people about it once I was awake again. The nurse told me that you can't dream with the anesthetic that I had. No clue what that was all about. Anyhow, at home walking with crutches because I'm not supposed to put weight on it for a few weeks. Bone pain is a whole other animal and they gave me the lowest dose pain meds they could. And I have to do this all over again for the left side in a few months.
    Considering that medical science understands very well how to administer anesthesia but no one understands how it really works her assertion that you can’t dream under its influence is basically just an unfounded generality.  I’m glad the surgery went well.  Praying for a swift recovery buddy!

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

Hope that works out for you.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Hope that works out for you.
    Apparently my SI joints are so ate up with arthritis that they were/are digging into one another. Pain Dr said he's not seen it that bad before and he's curious why the surgeon didn't try to figure out why it happened first.
    Watching Alabama-Cicny game. This ESPN split screen Command Center crap sucks!!!

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    Why do I want see the head coaches....... ALL of the time!

• GilaGila Posts: 1,908 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Gila said:
    Haven't been around for a while, but thought it was time to check and see if I won...
    Any new stuff? 

I got me a Henry 45 Colt Lever Action.
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    Gila said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Gila said:
    Haven't been around for a while, but thought it was time to check and see if I won...
    Any new stuff? 

I got me a Henry 45 Colt Lever Action.
    $5 hey, you know the rules. 
    Bleach shocked my well over the weekend (rotten egg smell). I drained the hot water tank while flushing bleach. I may..... may have turned the electric to the tank back on before the water reached the top heating element.......

jbp-ohio said:
    Bleach shocked my well over the weekend (rotten egg smell). I drained the hot water tank while flushing bleach. I may..... may have turned the electric to the tank back on before the water reached the top heating element.......

Could you describe the smell for us please :D
    CHIRO1989 said:
    If you are looking for something to watch on Sunday night, PBS is running a series based on the James Herriot book, "All Creatures Great and Small" , watched the second episode tonight, got introduced to "Tricky Woo" and his flop bottom problems :D
    Second season started tonight, did not disappoint.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,756 Senior Member
    DVR didn’t record it. It comes in again later this week. I really liked the 1st season
    I was at the shop yesterday around 4pm when I started to faintly get the chills. I thought "well here we go." Closed up early and went home to take a fever reducer and a nap. I woke up on the couch shaking so bad from the cold chills and fever that im pretty sure I pulled or strained every muscle in my back. Fever was only 101 but no other symptoms besides the whole body pain and maybe a slight headache. If this is all, I'll take it granted its still not fun. I wonder if this is the omicron or a flu?
    I was at the shop yesterday around 4pm when I started to faintly get the chills. I thought "well here we go." Closed up early and went home to take a fever reducer and a nap. I woke up on the couch shaking so bad from the cold chills and fever that im pretty sure I pulled or strained every muscle in my back. Fever was only 101 but no other symptoms besides the whole body pain and maybe a slight headache. If this is all, I'll take it granted its still not fun. I wonder if this is the omicron or a flu?
    That's about what I went through - Omicron got the blame, but who knows? I didn't even put my earrings in or jewelry on for damn near 3 weeks - that's pretty much unheard of for me. I just didn't have the energy to care... Didn't even brush my hair out for about a week.

I just got out of the shower after rinsing the Henna out of my hair - that's something else the CCP virus delayed, it should have been done 3 weeks ago!

)O(
    Out 
    Out 
    Things not going well?

)O(
    Ordered a Werner "Work Platform" from an eBay seller. Seller is either drop shipping from, or is affiliated with, Lowes. Shipped by Lowes in a box large enough to hold 3 of them with exactly zero packing - FedEx. Arrived in damaged condition. With this combination, I'm afraid I'm not surprised. Seller is standing behind it though, hopefully the next one arrives undamaged...

Otherwise, I'm finally caught up with my beauty regimen after being out of circulation for a month due to my bout of CCP virus and its aftermath. This was Zorba's week of beauty - Pedi, hair, eyebrow waxing and facial all done. Yay me! ;) I knew the eyebrows were gonna hurt as it had been 6 or 7 weeks instead of the usual 4. It did...

)O(
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,200 Senior Member
    you must shop with the same people that Clean does-----she has all kinds of things wrong