Home Main Category Clubhouse

The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

1986987988989990992»

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,204 Senior Member
    No brick of ammo for Evil Young'in 84.

Thx for the pics. No more lonely dead air roads for you. Those radios will serve you well. I also have a Uniden CB, I listen to it once in a while just for the entertainment value. 😁
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,096 Senior Member
    Spk said:

Thx for the pics. No more lonely dead air roads for you. Those radios will serve you well. I also have a Uniden CB, I listen to it once in a while just for the entertainment value. 😁
    Maybe I should put a 10 meter rig in too - with a crank up tower/antenna! :D;)
    I've been involved with CB radios since the mid 1960s when my father got a pair of them. I still use his old CB call sign from time-to-time (since they no longer have any legal standing whatsoever). What gets me are the idiots that get on 19, key up a 1KW linear just to yell AUDIIIOOOOOOOO!!!!! What's up with that?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba said:
    Spk said:

Maybe I should put a 10 meter rig in too - with a crank up tower/antenna! :D;)
    I've been involved with CB radios since the mid 1960s when my father got a pair of them. I still use his old CB call sign from time-to-time (since they no longer have any legal standing whatsoever). What gets me are the idiots that get on 19, key up a 1KW linear just to yell AUDIIIOOOOOOOO!!!!! What's up with that?

That's the entertainment value... I like it when they start having verbal sparing matches over the air. Arguing fiercely about nothing, just bored. It's fun for a bit then I switch over.
    If I'm ever in Florida, I'll go by Bandit and you can be Snowman. I'll have to brush up on my CB lingo though. I'll also be on the lookout for them smokey bears. I hear they're aggressive out that way.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,129 Senior Member
    I don't usually like this type of thing, but this is a serious machine.

I don't usually like this type of thing, but this is a serious machine.

I like it. The automatic transmission is unfortunate, but at least it doesn't have a touch screen in the middle of the dash!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,129 Senior Member
    Yea, some of the period correct mechanicals were serious duty equipment. But the modern replacements will work well. 
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,032 Senior Member
    If you are so inclined, King Kong vs. Godzilla was a good watch, boys liked it, kid friendly jr. high and up probably, some folks meet their demise at the hands of some nasty critters but it is not too gory.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Dropped $150 at the salon today. Beauty has its price!

Are you planning on remaking the 1964 film Zorba the Greek? It's based on the 1946 novel of the same name. It's due for a remake.

edited April 5 #29741
    Spk said:
    Are you planning on remaking the 1964 film Zorba the Greek? It's based on the 1946 novel of the same name. It's due for a remake.
    There are certain movies that should *never* be remade. "Zorba the Greek" is one of them. "The Wizard of Oz" is another. About the only remake I've seen that was worthwhile was the 2002-ish remake of "The Time Machine". It paid homage to the 1960 original in a very classy way, but was otherwise pretty much a completely different movie.

With all that said, perhaps its time for a remake of "Metropolis" - if it were done right. Maybe someone will do that for its 100th anniversary in 2027!

CHIRO1989 said:
    If you are so inclined, King Kong vs. Godzilla was a good watch, boys liked it, kid friendly jr. high and up probably, some folks meet their demise at the hands of some nasty critters but it is not too gory.
    Or, we can talk about manscaping.... ;)  
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Let's not...

But, but, but...
    :D

zorba said:
    zorba said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Let's not...
    I think we are.....
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,252 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Yep. Stupid storyline but I watch for the special effects. No in the dark fight scenes you can't see in this one.

If you watched "The Justice League" a couple years ago, do yourself a favor and watch the Snyders cut. Its llloooonnnnngggggg..... but good. Especially compared to other DC movies.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    CHIRO1989 said:
    zorba said:
    zorba said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Let's not...
    I think we are.....

It's on!

Zorba's week of beauty continues! Now my hair is glopped up with Henna for the next six hours. Think of thick, green mud in your hair - that's about what its like.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,843 Senior Member
    NN said:
    help us
    Here ya go Ned - I can't be glitz and glamour all the time!
    Henna in all day, and just had "Bianca" kick my ass in her "Yoga for Belly Dancers" online class. Time to go rinse this glop out!