The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,643 Senior Member
    No selleck, no Higgins, no Ferrari, ummm, no
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,006 Senior Member
    Well inside for awhile. Thunder, lightening and rain. Hope it don't last long didn't finish my project.
    Apparently it just got here and stopped. Getting dark still raining.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,949 Senior Member
    You can keep the rain there for a few days ........we need sun & dry here to get things going.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,276 Senior Member
    Raining when I got outta dance class tonite. Thank Goddess there weren't too many people on the road...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,589 Senior Member
    Rained here at about dark. The black clouds made it get darker early. Most of the 'interesting' stuff went south of me. Those two gaps in the ridges south seem to funnel the interesting weather through them, and the high ridges to the west of me shield my lil valley.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

With the rain patterns here lately my water tanks are full all the time. I just let them run over now.....if I get ruts then I will figure something else out. 600 gal.s of water is a lot of water.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member

Very sunny and hot (for here)

In the midst of re-pointing my old house brick patio base.

Just stopped for late lunch, farmhouse cheddar ploughman's, on soft malted brown bread and a cup of tea.

Very civilised.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,399 Senior Member
    shush said:

Just stopped for late lunch, farmhouse cheddar ploughman's, on soft malted brown bread and a cup of tea.

Very civilised.

Hey Shush, I saw some 'Proper' etiquette for tea on TV for the royal wedding. A question was asked what is the accepted way to stir their tea?

Clockwise, Counter Clockwise or back and forth from 12 to 6 O Clock..............12 to 6  is the correct answer. I never knew. 
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    shush said:

Very civilised.

No idea what that is but here will toss some cold roast on a couple hunks of bread some salt & catsup then down the hatch.
    Very not civilized .
    Big Chief said:
    shush said:

Very civilised.

Hey Shush, I saw some 'Proper' etiquette for tea on TV for the royal wedding. A question was asked what is the accepted way to stir their tea?

Clockwise, Counter Clockwise or back and forth from 12 to 6 O Clock..............12 to 6  is the correct answer. I never knew. 

Well one would never have know that.
      One has a man that does it for one. ;)

PS.
    What if you have a digital watch?

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,253 Senior Member
    Spring was last week.  Record highs this week edging up to 97. 

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Still spring here with highs of 80 & lows of 50 . The rain ever few days is a pain.
    edited May 18 #29805
    Big Chief said:
    shush said:

Very civilised.

The person who tells me I'm stirring my tea in the wrong direction, will get their tea stirred with my e-rection. 
    Zee
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,399 Senior Member
    I guess it is a 'Proper Tea' where all kinds of traditions and English Royal etiquette is followed. It would probably drive Emily Post nutz to try and follow it.

Pomp and Circumstance..........for tomorrows Royal Wedding and all that, I guess.  

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Keep me as far away from royal pompery as possible!

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    That could have been my Royal wedding. B)
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,285 Senior Member
    edited May 18 #29809
    I do not believe words can adequately express my lack of interest in the wedding tomorrow
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Old Ron said:
    shush said:

Very civilised.

No idea what that is

I thought it would be fairly self explanatory but..........here you go.

cpj said:
    Big Chief said:
    shush said:

Very civilised.

The person who tells me I'm stirring my tea in the wrong direction, will get their tea stirred with my e-rection. 
    Would that be what people mistake for your little pinky.

Tuck pointing I understand it was the " ploughman's, is where I was lost.

Big Chief said:
    I guess it is a 'Proper Tea' where all kinds of traditions and English Royal etiquette is followed. It would probably drive Emily Post nutz to try and follow it.

Pomp and Circumstance..........for tomorrows Royal Wedding and all that, I guess.  

Sir Edward Elgar!
    Big Chief, you melt my heart, earnestly.

edited May 18 #29814
    knitepoet said:
    I don't not believe words....................
    Well them too our ok wiff us'll.

knitepoet said:
    I don't not believe words can adequately express my lack of interest in the wedding tomorrow
    I didn't even *know* there was a wedding tomorrow - who's getting married? Or do I really care...

Ordinarily, I'd at least be interested in the women's fashions - but the Brits tend to spoil all that with goofy - and I mean GOOFY - hats.

zorba said:
    knitepoet said:
    I don't not believe words can adequately express my lack of interest in the wedding tomorrow
    I didn't even *know* there was a wedding tomorrow - who's getting married? Or do I really care...
    A very rich young man (ex-soldier) and an american actress.

That could have been my Royal wedding. B)
    Prince Harry asked you first?
    You kept that very quiet.

edited May 18 #29819
    Old Ron said:
    shush said:

Very civilised.

No idea what that is but here will toss some cold roast on a couple hunks of bread some salt & catsup then down the hatch.

Edit;

Old Ron said:Tuck pointing I understand it was the " ploughman's, is where I was lost.

Oh I say, what a silly billy I am.

You meant lunch.

That is what we call a heritage butty.

Pierce the Ploughman's Crede (c.1394) mentions the traditional ploughman's meal of bread, cheese and beer. Bread and cheese formed the basis of the diet of English rural labourers for centuries, with skimmed-milk cheese, supplemented with a little lard and butter, forming the main source of fats and protein;[4] onions and leeks, in the absence of expensive seasoning, were the "favoured condiment"

History you see, it is a marvellous thing  to have.

Old Ron said:

Very not civilized.

But one must aspire.

shush said:
    cpj said:
    Big Chief said:
    shush said:

Very civilised.

Would that be what people mistake for your little pinky.

I've only got myself to please, and it works fine for that. 
    Zee
    edited May 18 #29821
    Old Ron said:
    Tuck pointing I understand................

Tuckpointing it is not.
    From what I understand Tuckpointing to be.