Home Main Category Clubhouse

The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,856 Senior Member
    So Sako was right
    glad it went well
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,462 Senior Member
    edited October 4 #29943
    Making it an even 1000 posts
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,174 Senior Member
    A whistleblower comes about Facebook and Facebook and all its platforms "go down". Some things don't need a conspiracy.
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
    They had so much to cover up and delete they crashed it
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,466 Senior Member
    A whistleblower comes about Facebook and Facebook and all its platforms "go down". Some things don't need a conspiracy.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,763 Senior Member

A public service announcement from the Tampa Bay Bandit Board RCPM

I am often asked, "What's a TWIT?" ...  my answer is:

{}==================={}
                         ||   A "TWIT" IS A   ||
                         {}==================={}

Caller who keeps signing in with phony names to get another
       30 minutes before being asked to sign off.

Caller who won't bother to TYPE the .INF (info) files to find
       out how to use the system properly.	 

Caller who insists on TYPE'ing files endlessly, especially 
       useless ones, like the LASTCALR file, XMODEM.LOG, any programs 
       written in "C", and even *.*. 

Caller who does endless DIR commands and never echoes anything
       to the printer.

Caller who tries XMODEM R to send a file (about 50 times)

Caller who keeps trying to XMODEM S RBBS.COM or other .COM files.

Caller who doesn't know that CTRL-C aborts almost everything
       including DIR listings and tries every other key instead.

Caller who repeatedly tries to TYPE .LBR files, and leaves 
       messages asking why the machine won't let him.

Caller who tries something like this:

A0:SYSTEM>apple //e with a hayes card and cp/m
    APPLE?
    A0:SYSTEM>yes an apple //e, what's wrong with an apple?
    YES?
    A0:SYSTEM>yes, I said yessssss!!!!!!
    YES?
    A0:SYSTEM>list
    LIST?
    A0:SYSTEM>load
    LOAD?
    A0:SYSTEM>fre
    FRE?
    A0:SYSTEM>run
    RUN?
    A0:SYSTEM>menu
    MENU?
    A0:SYSTEM>exit
    EXIT?
    A0:SYSTEM>quit
    QUIT?

++CARRIER LOST++

and calls back several times each week to ask the same questions.

Caller who leaves a message on RBBS and says you should have a 
       message program on the system so he can leave messages.

Caller who discovers CHAT and tries 300 times in a row to summon 
       an operator even after being told, "Sorry operator is not available"

Caller who tries every possible combination to change user areas 
       and just can't seem to remember to use the colon ":"

Caller who leaves a message on RBBS asking SYSOP to please 
       leave out a copy of BASCOM.COM or MAC.COM ... etc

Caller who leaves complaints on RBBS that he can't send you 
        his new universal debugger because XMODEM won't let him leave a 
        .COM file.

Caller who, disgusted with his inability to use the system, 
        leaves a message to SYSOP telling him that he should try a really 
        good system, like the APPLE-based one in New York that has all 
        those really neat games on it.

Caller who ignores repeated notices from SYSOP that system will be
        going down, then calls back immediately, and for the next 2 hours 
        only to be denied access each time.

Caller who complains about the FREE service offered through the
        RCPM and tells you how you SHOULD run your system.

Caller who ignores the fact that the SYSOP is trying to tell him
        something by typing on the screen and doing <returns> or CTRL-U's.

I MEAN LET'S FACE IT FOLKS, IT IS "OUR" MACHINES THAT YOU USE (ABUSE)
    AND IN THE FINAL ANALYSIS, WE HAVE THE ON/OFF SWITCH ... NOT YOU.

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    I'm getting way better at guitar. For whatever reason I freeze up at my lessons and stumble like crazy but play good when I get home. I sent a video of me playing Simple Man to my teacher and he's like "Dude!, why don't you do that when you're here?" I also learned Miserlou from Pulp Fiction. Pretty cool tune to play. Thank God for YouTube. 
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
    Sometimes karma is just too good. Had a missed call while at a Dr appointment last week. I called the number back about a half hour later and some guy answered and sounded all bitter that I wasn't at my shop when he arrived. Keep in mind I don't do appointments. So he tells me "nevermind, I took it to the shop down the street from you." I said, okay cool, they don't have a gunsmith, just a kid that's not even old enough to drink a beer that they're saying is a gunsmith. The guy hangs up the phone. Forward to today when I have a guy come into the shop with a pin and weld that he said he had done down the street from me. I started to write up a work order when I noticed that the phone number looked familiar so I looked in my call log and lo and behold, it's the guy that got crappy with me. I said, "oh you called me the other day and took your gun down the street against my advice. Unfortunately for you, you're gonna have to have someone else fix it." He mumbled something and left with his Daniel Defense upper.
    I felt elated.

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,654 Senior Member
    Remind me not to piss you off  :D  o:)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Ouch,  what the heck was being fixed in the first place?   
    He wanted a pin and weld to make his barrel the legal length with the flash suppressor and that's the pin and weld they gave him. He wanted me to do it right.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 1,798 Senior Member
    Karma bites him in the ass, and Karma has SHARP fangs!!!
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    I would have done the job - for 2X the normal price...

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    zorba said:
    I would have done the job - for 2X the normal price...
    Karma is nice and all, but $$$ is $$$. Tell them you could have done it for X, and now it will be XXXX.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    I had the 3rd edition of that wonderful "after 50 procedure" today. That Big Mac sure tasted great after I got done with it all - including a 36 hour fast!

)O(
    zorba said:
    I had the 3rd edition of that wonderful "after 50 procedure" today. That Big Mac sure tasted great after I got done with it all - including a 36 hour fast!
    Dear Lord how often do you have this done?!?!?  I did my first at 58 and the doctor said see you in 10!
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,026 Senior Member
    So glad youse had fun  :D
    Dear Lord how often do you have this done?!?!?  I did my first at 58 and the doctor said see you in 10!
    After the number and sizes of polyps they found during mine a few months back, they told ME, "see ya next year"  :#
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet said:
    After the number and sizes of polyps they found during mine a few months back, they told ME, "see ya next year"  :#
    Mine was 100% clean.  Not even one polyp, nada, zilch.   I was really happy because the cleanup prep sucked…
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    edited October 20 #29961
    Yes, yes it does
    And for the record, this year's was a "5 year follow-up" from my first one, because of number the polys they found the first time.

I'm a member of the "5 year club" as they find a  - as in exactly ONE - polyp every time. For reasons beyond my control, I've had a different doc do this each time - but I hope I *NEVER* have to change again. This doc specifies an OTC prep that works, has ZERO taste, and you only need to drink 2 quarts, not 4 litres! Far more comfortable too - you don't blow up the toilet.

This one has a new kind of camera too - instead of one video feed, there's three including a reverse angle. I was in and out of the office in an hour, the procedure itself was probably 15 minutes at most.

)O(
    knitepoet said:
    Mine was 100% clean.  Not even one polyp, nada, zilch.   I was really happy because the cleanup prep sucked…
    I have a comment! :D;)

)O(
    Let’s keep it G rated!  😎
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    And yes I am!
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    Reading a book whose title escapes me at the moment - something about time travel. It might as well be titled "Relativity for idiots and complete morons" - even I can understand it! That Einstein guy was a friggin' genius to be able to work all this out by sheer logic - and he did it with a triangle!

)O(
    edited October 24 #29967
    As for Zorbas Dr appointment. Anything's a colonoscopy if you're brave and relaxed enough 
    😆
     That Einstein guy was a friggin' genius to be able to work all this out by sheer logic - and he did it with a triangle!

‽??‽??‽‽??????????????????
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,194 Senior Member
    My dad died of colon cancer due to NOT having colonoscopies. Keep up the good work, boys. It’s not pleasant. But very well can save your life. 😎 And there’s folks who’d like to have you around. 
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,194 Senior Member
    Besides, you can shoot you’re very own Blazing Saddles camp fire scene afterwards… 
    Jay said:
    Besides, you can shoot you’re very own Blazing Saddles camp fire scene afterwards… 
    🤣🤣🤣
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬