Home Main Category Personal Defense

Zimmerman trial begins w. critical defendant quote, a warning if you're ever involved

13»

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,188 Senior Member
    Well the Jury is out. Now we wait to see how long it takes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    The final arguments were fine, but the prosecution's rebuttal was excellent - passionate and emotional - especially considering his all-female audience. I feel it will be very tough for them to avoid a conviction on one charge or the other. A life-long Democrat Judge certainly didn't help Zimmerman's case any. While nobody cares a whit for the likes of Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, the state's real agenda here is to send a chilling message to one and all who might find themselves in a self-defense situation - 'Don't shoot, ever. Please, just die. If the bad guy doesn't get you, we will.'
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Seems like Zimmerman did not exercise the leetle grey cells as Hercule used to say.

Even a LEO can use Diplomacy / Discretion even misdirection, rather than force when confronting a possible suspect, you get better results.

You see a suspicious male you want to question,

Excuse Me sir, did you happen to see a big white guy run by ? no ? then act friendly and get the answers you need without alarming the suspect.

Unrelated incident: I was in a horrible section of projects of Brooklyn on a service call, a guy tries to rob Me, he is armed with a snubby revolver pointed at Me, a no win situation, right ? then I hear a siren way off, I act very nervous and yell the cops are coming ! We got to run !
    It worked, he ran off, even dropped his gun into a waste can.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996