Home Main Category General Firearms

AR saturation

olesniperolesniper Senior MemberFranklin, Ky.Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
I guess WalMart has flooded the market, in my area. This time, last year, my local WW would have 1, and on rare occasions, 2 ARs on their rack. Walked in there, this morning, and there are 8 ARs.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Good, now maybe the prices will start to go down.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • cappy54cappy54 Member miami, floridaPosts: 269 Member
    Jerm i seen them starting to go down here in Miami of all places, ammo still sucks though
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Panama City, Fl.Posts: 8,695 Senior Member
    I saw full racks at the LGS last week, but without ammo they are kind of useless.
  • agewonagewon Senior Member Posts: 655 Senior Member
    I saw some Stag model 2 on gunbroker for less than MSRP. However, I'm still not seeing quality ammo available at a reasonable price.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Living in a van, down by the river.Posts: 14,041 Senior Member
    There's been articles about how people who bought during the panic are in trouble. Makes sense, you can only own so many.

The ammo... that's an ongoing use. You might only buy one AR, but get ammo for 30-40 years. And I think that the ammo companies were a whole lot closer to max production before the panic than the rifle companies were.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Franklin, Ky.Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Good, now maybe the prices will start to go down.

That's the good thing about WW, they never price gouged.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Screw ARs. I want 22 ammo.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,709 Senior Member
    OK. . .so America now has TWO rifles hiding behind every blade of grass. Not a bad thing.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • 10 AC10 AC Member between Memphis & NashvillePosts: 309 Member
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,930 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »

There is a thread for that....

Funny how Wally Worlds are. Olesniper's WM is about 20 miles from the one that is close to my house. They never have any AR's. Not because people are buying them. I have never seen one in there and I've asked some of the people working in sporting goods about them. They say they have never seen one come in.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Franklin, Ky.Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
    There is a thread for that....

Funny how Wally Worlds are. Olesniper's WM is about 20 miles from the one that is close to my house. They never have any AR's. Not because people are buying them. I have never seen one in there and I've asked some of the people working in sporting goods about them. They say they have never seen one come in.

They don't carry them in Union City, either. Sporting Goods manager, there, told me they can't get them cause they don't sell enough guns. Apparently, if they don't move enough guns per year, they can't stock the ARs.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    How much you wanna pay, schnookums? :smooch:

Hey, my Urologist calls me schnookums when he tells me to bend over........what's up with that :yikes::fan::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Global NomadPosts: 6,078 Senior Member
    The local Wal Mart and the PX both have ARs in stock, still limited on ammo though. I'm set on complete rifles but I'm eying another upper, so this is a good sign.

Sure is a good case for the 5.45x39.5, Eli has convinced me. Maybe if and when the $600 AK comes back I'll get one.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member VirginiaPosts: 849 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »

What he said.
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I think the local sporting goods department manager has a lot to do with what gets stocked. For years, long before any of the panic situations, the Wally World in Fayetteville TN had a well-stocked reloading department while other stores less than 40 miles away had nothing. The stock is a little skinny right now, but I saw several boxes of various .223 bullets on the shelf recently, along with dies, accessories, and manuals. Powder was the only consistently "sold out" item there, along with anything handgun-reloading related, 9MM and .45 ACP for certain!
    Jerry