Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Bloomberg Spends NYC Cash on Nevada Gun Laws

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
Just when you thought you've heard it all...

City employee Christopher Kocher was sent to Nevada as a representative of Mayors Against Illegal Guns to lobby for a bill that enforces background checks on all firearm sales in that state.

But Kocher, who works as a special counsel to the mayor’s office, apparently didn’t want his role to be known and scrubbed his City Hall e-mail address from the state of Nevada lobbying-registration Web site early this month.

City Hall officials are arguing that the trip was entirely appropriate despite Kocher’s attempts to hide the city’s involvement because the laws would make New York a safer place.

“The mayor’s top priority is keeping New Yorkers safe, and that includes seeking sane gun laws in other states . . . to help reduce the flow of illegal guns to New York,” said City Hall spokesman John McCarthy.

According to data collected by the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, not a single illegal firearm seized by city law enforcement was originally purchased in the state of Nevada.

http://freebeacon.com/bloomberg-spends-nyc-cash-on-nevada-gun-laws/
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »

So the rest of us are supposed to cash in our constitutional rights so a bunch of inner city rift raft can feel safer? Actually, truth be known it has nothing to do with public safety and everything to do with agenda. Bloomberg and his rift raft need to keep themselves at home and don't worry about the rest of us.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Thanks, Cali, good posting. And hilarious. I have friends who live in NYC and I often pity them. But Bloomberg is a total nanny on all sorts of things, guns just being one of his obsessions.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,970 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Don't say that! You will piss off the people who believe that voting the Big R is the ONLY hope.

But... But... If only there was some other party out there that not only supported gun rights but also...

Okay, I'll stop.

Also, Buck Floomberg. And NYC as a whole.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • mike94yjmike94yj New Member Posts: 25 New Member