Home Main Category Personal Defense

US Park Police lost track of huge supply of weapons, report says

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    The IRS is accepting applications for Oblivitcare workers to manage OUR healthcare. That'll put them somewhere they can't hurt us. Wait a minuet. :punch: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,635 Senior Member
    Nice, we all know what would happen to an FFL holder if THEY could not account for multiple weapons.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Nice, we all know what would happen to an FFL holder if THEY could not account for multiple weapons.

Accountability only applies to the private sector, not gov't entities!
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Kinda makes you want to go look in the mop closet at the Park office doesn't it?
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Kinda makes you want to go look in the mop closet at the Park office doesn't it?

Or search the houses of a lot of retired Park officers.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Actually, didn't Curious George announce early on that he was going to organize a "civilian force" with the same armament and capabilities as the military? Where do you think they're going to get their weapons? Maybe from "lost" purchases for more legitimate branches of the government? We know who the southwest contingent of that bunch will be- - - -Mexican drug runners using Fast and Furious arms!
    Jerry
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Actually, didn't Curious George announce early on that he was going to organize a "civilian force" with the same armament and capabilities as the military? Where do you think they're going to get their weapons? Maybe from "lost" purchases for more legitimate branches of the government? We know who the southwest contingent of that bunch will be- - - -Mexican drug runners using Fast and Furious arms!
    Jerry

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,714 Senior Member
    hywtccw-1.jpg
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Or search the houses of a lot of retired Park officers.

Government employees stealing from the Government (taxpayers) nothing new I'm afraid. However, stealing a weapon worth more than $500.00 makes it a felony does it not? Correct me if I'm wrong. Unauthorized appropriation is the same as stealing right?
  • ddrillerddriller Member Posts: 77 Member
    IIRC Washington DC police had the same problem a few years ago and Pennsylvania authorities lost a Thompson 1927 that they had taken from a licensed collector and had to reimburse him
  • stepmacstepmac Member Posts: 172 Member
    In the small city wherein I reside one of the cops, the fellow in charge of the arms room, was arrested for selling their AR's and various parts to other cops. He is now in that little room with rotten neighbors, where he belongs.

Bout 40 years ago my apartment was ripped off. I lost my stero, reel to reel and a bunch of very nice antique rifles and shotguns....In the paper the following day it was reported that the cops caught the guy on his way to LA to peddle his new found wares. The article went on to say that if anyone had stuff stolen that they should go to the cops and ask for the stuff, and they would return it. So I drove down there and asked the cops about my guns. Their response was "What guns?"

The cops were in the Vallejo, CA PD and many were tied to drug gangs, etc in the town. Our nation's finest, yep.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    The missing weapons are probably in Mexico, or......Syria.
  • stepmacstepmac Member Posts: 172 Member
    Investigators figure that Hemingway's Griffin and Howe Springfield 30/06 which was stolen from his son's home after the great writer died, ended up with the IRA.