I don't always shoot varmints, but when I do................

13»

Replies

• stepmacstepmac Member Posts: 172 Member
    I love the gopher snake. They are wonderful snakes. You can pick one up and they tame up pretty quick. Put it inside your shirt and let it wrap around tour body. Go back to camp and if there are women there sit down at the camp table and grab a beer. The girls will gather round to listen to your tales of the hunt. The snake will probably be asleep, relaxed by your warmth. Then reach inside your shirt and grab the head of the snake and pull it from inside your shirt.

The reaction from the girls will be memorable. Be careful that they do not harm the snake. Take it outside the camp and release it. When you return to camp the girls will be doing their laundry and you will laugh about it for years.
  • stepmacstepmac Member Posts: 172 Member
    Varmint shooting where I live is sage rat (beldings ground squirrels) shooting, which is fun.

We are usually limited to rim fire, but today rim fire can be pretty lethal. I used a .22 LR for years, but have graduated to the .17 HMR and will stay with it. I like this new Winchester rim fire, but won't buy one. My little Savage .17 is fine.

I would like to use my .222 Model 788, which I believe, is one of the best Varmint rifles of all time, but I'm stuck with rimfire.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,552 Senior Member
    stepmac wrote: »
    I love the gopher snake. They are wonderful snakes. You can pick one up and they tame up pretty quick. Put it inside your shirt and let it wrap around tour body. Go back to camp and if there are women there sit down at the camp table and grab a beer. The girls will gather round to listen to your tales of the hunt. The snake will probably be asleep, relaxed by your warmth. Then reach inside your shirt and grab the head of the snake and pull it from inside your shirt.

The reaction from the girls will be memorable. Be careful that they do not harm the snake. Take it outside the camp and release it. When you return to camp the girls will be doing their laundry and you will laugh about it for years.

But does it taste like chicken?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.