Home Main Category Personal Defense

Seeking Single Stack Subcompact Carry Gun.

2»

Replies

• REDDEVILREDDEVIL Member Posts: 153 Member
    the title says it all, i'm seeking a subcompact 9mm or .45 for cc under a t-shirt.

I fired an xds and liked it, a lot, but they seem overpriced.

I'm open to any and all suggestions so long as it isn't a taurus, and has a decent selection of holsters.

How is the kel-tec pf9? The $300 otd pricing is very tempting.

well,... Whadijaget?
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Does anybody have experience with the Sig P290?

Now you are really talking 'over priced,' from my point of view. I've looked at Sigs several times when I've actually had the cash and the inclination to buy one. But every time I look at one, I see lots of other stuff that I like better, for quite a bit less money. But, lots of folks swear by them, so they must be very good. My preference for a carry weapon is striker fired with no lever safety, though, so it's easy to for me to talk myself out of buying one. CZ's satisfy my 'need' for a DA/SA, quite nicely.

EDIT: After looking at a picture of one, the P290 does appeal to me, and may be selling for about the same price as the XDs...hmmm.
  • mythaeusmythaeus Senior Member Posts: 831 Senior Member
    Add another vote for a Kahr PM9/MK9 or similar. These have been in the market for a long time and to me they are proven to be solid guns. I'm leary of all newly on the market, that includes the LC9, Nano, and the Shield. They may work and all, but with these smaller guns, time is the best measure. I have an MK9 as my secondary carry (primary is G26). That this is really comfortable to carry, reliable to shoot, and looks so damn good. The polymer cousin, the PM9 costs a lot less, but essentially is the same gun.

PS: Kahr just announced that they will be moving OUT of NYS and to PA, due in part to the SAFE Act. That definitely adds to my support for them.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,851 Senior Member
    Thanks for the input folks, haven't bought yet but the top contenders are the P290, PM9, and the Glock .45.

I will probably wait until I go back home to purchase, the gun prices here are obscene. Gotta love being considered a dual resident of two states...
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior Member Posts: 714 Senior Member
    +1 for the XDs, my buddy has the .45 one and a PPS as well, both are nice single stack, but the trigger guard paddle mag release on the PPS drives me a bit nuts. I just ordered an XDs in 9mm bi-tone too...$500-$600 is the right price for a good quality poly framed auto...