If only they could find a way to lure a V-Max away this effectively

Six-GunSix-Gun Senior MemberPosts: 7,348 Senior Member
http://on.aol.com/video/brave-prairie-dog-confronts-snake-517818871

Gotta give it to the critter...definitely brave.

Link fixed.
Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,553 Senior Member
    All I see is a black, blank screen. What did you see there?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,348 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    All I see is a black, blank screen. What did you see there?

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check the link when I get home, but it was some pretty cool footage of a prairie dog mom enticing a rather sizeable rattler away from her brood. Hopefully, I can fix the link (can't now since it's filtered at work.)
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    I got a video of an elephant busting the rear glass of a car.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    I got a video of an elephant busting the rear glass of a car.

Glad that's what you guys got as well, I was beginning to wonder if my mask had a leak in that last Meth Lab fire.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,731 Senior Member
    Saw the elephant..............and a couple of other clips.

Don't think I would like to ride a bicycle in Africa though..........Judging by the 'antelope' scene towards the end, humans can end up as 'Roadkill'.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    Six-gun, drugs are bad, mmmkay?
  • Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior Member Posts: 714 Senior Member
    She's annoying....

The lady voicing over the elephant video...its like someone doing an impression of a bad local news reader....
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,845 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Saw the elephant..............and a couple of other clips.

Don't think I would like to ride a bicycle in Africa though..........Judging by the 'antelope' scene towards the end, humans can end up as 'Roadkill'.
    :that:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,845 Senior Member
    Six-gun, drugs are bad, mmmkay?
    :that: too
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,348 Senior Member
    I guess they rotated the video clips on that page. Here's the one I was trying to post linked directly:

Link fixed above.
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    I guess they rotated the video clips on that page. Here's the one I was trying to post linked directly:

Link fixed above.

I hate it when people post up links, I click on them and then get a message that says " This link cannot be viewed from your location"............:bang: :bang::angry:

( Not directed at you Luis..........just at the dickheads that wont let us 'furriners' see things like this)
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,055 Senior Member
    Alec....this was from the 7 part "North America" series...(can't remember if it was Discovery or Nat Geo) but it's out there for sale and well worth watching - Tom Selleck narrates. The PD segment was amazing, also the burrowing owl kicking a badgers butt. My favorite was the first segment which had a couple of mature bison bulls fighting during the rut....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Alec....this was from the 7 part "North America" series...(can't remember if it was Discovery or Nat Geo) but it's out there for sale and well worth watching - Tom Selleck narrates. The PD segment was amazing, also the burrowing owl kicking a badgers butt. My favorite was the first segment which had a couple of mature bison bulls fighting during the rut....

Thanks Scott, I will look around and pick up the DVD's.
    ( Most of you that attend the SE are probably aware that I have a passionate interest in the natural world and wildlife in particular)
    ( Most of you that attend the SE are probably aware that I have a passionate interest in the natural world and wildlife in particular)

This is true. He followed me around in the woods. I finally had enough, turned around to face him and said, "Would you let me go pee?!"
    This is true. He followed me around in the woods. I finally had enough, turned around to face him and said, "Would you let me go pee?!"

You want I should post up those pics???????
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,553 Senior Member

Do you consider silicon part of the 'natural world'?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Do you consider silicon part of the 'natural world'?

Well...........no, not really..............but it is perfectly 'Natural' for men to look at examples of silicone based 'wonders' and they are normally classed in the 'Wild Life ' category...........