Douglas Barrels... how good are they?

2»

Replies

• centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    Gene, nope. A lot of folks think that. The whole project started with wanting an upper that could be put on any lower as the mission dictated, therefore Special Purpose Receiver. It could be packed in the assault pack and carried on missions and used as needed. It quickly evolved into an entire Weapon System....I think Navy Spec War took the lead on that with the thought of "in for a penny, in for a pound...". why do it halfway when DOD is gonna give you the money to do it right from the start. With an entire weapon system, there was no need to keep around the 62 grain M855...the Special guys only had to worry about having enough of the 77gr sierra match king they wanted to shoot. The whole concept was taken a step even further when some private sector guys and some 5th SFG guys got together to make the 6.8 SPC.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,148 Senior Member
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    I'll see what I can dig up
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=fbd46923c9e6d18cd916b8a6e7d3cfdf&tab=core&_cview=0

This is where it started

http://www.mk12.net/

Here I see you are right...I didn't know the name changed from Receiver to Rifle after it became a weapon system...Makes sense
2»