Don't think I have shared this one

centermass556centermass556 Senior MemberPosts: 3,508 Senior Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374634872.669919.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1374634898.154031.jpg

I had to pull it out get the serial. This is by far a prize of my collection. I think sometimes I should have keep the original stock, but I really like the sportarized stock... She still shoots like a dream.
"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,025 Senior Member
    Krag?? Hard to see on my phone. Nice old rifles!! I just got a carbine, built 1899, fun to shoot. Smooth actions.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    Yup it is a Krag, I looked up the serial once, and it was made in 1900. The serial, Model 1898, Springfield Armory, and US stamps are still clear as can be....
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Nice piece bro, no wonder you've been posting on a compact set of reloading kit.
    What else you been hiding?
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,159 Senior Member
    That IS without a doubt the best looking sporterized Krag, I have ever seen.

How bout a range report?
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    I havent shot this rifle in over 5 years....If I can scare up some ammo, I will take it to the range with me when I take my others out and post a few holes. Last time I shot it, it was dead on and the action was still smooth as glass.

Thanks for the compliments. This was the second rifle I ever ventured into modifying. I had to have help getting the receiver and barrel to fit into the stock. I want to go back at some point and bed them properly...
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Nice one :guns::guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,935 Senior Member
    Very, very nice
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    NN wrote: »
    Very, very nice

I thunk NN carried one in his cockpit as a survival weapon back when he was flying Thunderchiefs/THUDS :jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,683 Senior Member
    Very nice!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,025 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I thunk NN carried one in his cockpit as a survival weapon back when he was flying Thunderchiefs/THUDS :jester:

I think he flew Navy F-4's. it would have be mounted on the centerline!!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,078 Senior Member
    I thought he flew in Spads?
    Overkill is underrated.
    I thought he flew in Spads?

Or Sopwith Camels (sp ?)
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,487 Senior Member
    Jenny's more likely.

Once you get to loading, 220gr RN over 40gr IMR4350 with a Win primer. Remember that Krags headspace on the rim, so the brass is good for 4 and thats it.

FYI, if it was a unmolested Krag stock, it is worth about 3 times what you have sitting on your bed is, by itself. Hope it is still sitting in your closet.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.