Would you Trade....

centermass556centermass556 Senior MemberPosts: 3,509 Senior Member
have a Chance to trade a H&K USP .45 for a Glock 22, would ya do it?

I bought the H&K from the Kaiserslaughten Rod and Gun Club in 98.
"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Replies

• timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Not if my life depended on it! :nono:

If you do I hope they kiss you before they rape you.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,509 Senior Member
    Heck no! That's like trading a BMW for a VW.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member
    Are you bored again?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,509 Senior Member
    Kinda sorta....

I think the only reason why I gave the trade any thought is that since I got my 1911....I hardly ever pick up my USP. While it does shoot like a dream, it is huge and bulky. I am not a small guy and I can't conceal it very well. I can open carry it here in alaska.

I don't even know what a full size USP goes for now. Back then I bought it for $525. I have also toyed with the idea of getting a threaded barrel and a can for it. But that is about a 600-700 dollar venture.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    I don't even know what a full size USP goes for now. Back then I bought it for $525. I have also toyed with the idea of getting a threaded barrel and a can for it. But that is about a 600-700 dollar venture.

They run about $750 around here, get the barrel and can, You will love it!!!

This is my baby...
    4FBD16BE-DEB2-4EB2-9130-29C7159989B1-24764-00002A17E0CF8377_zps1cf9cd3e.jpg
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    Who did you get the Barrel and Can from?
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,807 Senior Member
    I can get used LEO Glock 22's for about $350.00. Glock sells brand new LEO G22's with three mags new in the box for $425 .

A used HK .45 USP sells on Gunbroker for $1000 to $1500.

You tell me if that's a good trade...

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,100 Senior Member
    No!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    Who did you get the Barrel and Can from?

The barrel came from here http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-USP-45-Tactical-Threaded-Barrel-p319.htm Barrels in stock!

The can I got from these good people http://www.silencershop.com/shop/silencerco-45osprey And de has dem in stock!!! :wink:

The night sights I bought from Brownells
  • Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior Member Posts: 714 Senior Member
    Yeah just south of you here and a used .45 USP goes from between $800 and $1000 and a used 22 goes for about $400-$500...soooooooooo
    Well since you guys feel so strongly about it....I won't show you pics of my new to me Glock 22....

Just joking...

I was just toying with the idea and decided to post the question.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,167 Senior Member
    Get inside and let your brain thaw.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Well since you guys feel so strongly about it....I won't show you pics of my new to me Glock 22....

Just joking...

I was just toying with the idea and decided to post the question.

An intervention narrowly avoided!
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,078 Senior Member
    Monetarily no. As far as my opinions of both guns as weapons go, YES! IN A HEARTBEAT! The HK might be a bit more durable than the Glock, but then, so are the four ton stone blocks they built the pyramids out of. The four ton stone block also has the advantage in being designed to fulfill a single function and not attempt to be everything to everyone.

Best financial way to handle this: Kick that over-thought egghead gun to the curb and buy another 1911.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,184 Senior Member
    All depends on how bad you want the Glock but you'd be taking a beating. I generally don't keep guns I don't use around long, but I try not to give them away in a trade.....see if he'll give you a pair of Glocks....might even it out some.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"