Range, Napoleon, and Murphy ...

centermass556centermass556 Senior MemberPosts: 3,508 Senior Member
So me getting to he range has been a lite like this...a semi quote from the little guy to a field marshal... I can give horse, I can give you men, I can give you rifles.. But do not ask for more time, I have none of that to give.

And when I do have the time... The blasted range is closed!!!
"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Replies

• timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    It can be trying at times getting out to the range. Having the grandson all summer has taken up all of my time. I wanted to start teaching him this summer but he has not shown he is ready for that level of attention and responsibility so we will try again next summer.

I am sitting right now with a rifle that I just had the stock fitted for me and can't seem to find the time to she how she shoots.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,235 Senior Member
    I didn't make it to the range either. Need to sight in two .22s. BTW, Napoleon didn't give his troops rifles.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,430 Senior Member
    I guess it helps when the range is closed but your Aunt has a 110 acre beef farm.

Sorry about your luck...:jester:

Unfortunately, I do not get to keep any Herefords I might "accidently" shoot.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,927 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    It can be trying at times getting out to the range. Having the grandson all summer has taken up all of my time. I wanted to start teaching him this summer but he has not shown he is ready for that level of attention and responsibility so we will try again next summer.

I am sitting right now with a rifle that I just had the stock fitted for me and can't seem to find the time to she how she shoots.

Get the kid to the range, get him started on firearm safety, shooting technique, use of a spotting scope, sight in procedure, and what a good target should like with some holes in it.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Get the kid to the range, get him started on firearm safety, shooting technique, use of a spotting scope, sight in procedure, and what a good target should like with some holes in it.

Not until he can recite the first three rules of gun safety without getting it wrong. Once he can do that we will take our first range trip. We have been working on it for the last two months and he hasn't got it right yet. Call me over critical but it was how I was taught and how he will learn, there will be no shortcuts on safety!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member