Bushnell 1-4x24 AR scope?

UseyUsey MemberPosts: 102 Member
Anyone have anything good or bad to say abput one of these?....my new black rain needs something on top of it but I dont want to put my aimpoint because my wife refuses to let it go plus I want something with 1-4 magnification anyways. I cant afford to spend a grand on one right now so im shopping budget...if im barkijg up the wrong tree with this bushnell somebody point me in the right direction.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Replies

• UseyUsey Member Posts: 102 Member
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    IMHO your new rifle is probably capable of some respectable accuracy and deserves better than that. I'm running an ACOG on my M4gery but my BRO AR has a Leupold VX3 4.5-14 which can be had for about $650 and will allow you to see those iddy bitty holes in the bullseye at 100 yards.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,590 Senior Member
    I don't know much about the specific scope, but looks similar to the Millet DMS-1 I have one one of my ARs. The 1-4 range is good for closer in, shooting offhand, and run and gun sortof uses. Not as ideal for shooting tiny groups from the bench.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    timc wrote: »
    IMHO your new rifle is probably capable of some respectable accuracy and deserves better than that. I'm running an ACOG on my M4gery but my BRO AR has a Leupold VX3 4.5-14 which can be had for about $650 and will allow you to see those iddy bitty holes in the bullseye at 100 yards.

Im kinda looking for more of a run and gun type of deal more than long range accuracy....if I could afford a trijicon at the moment believe me it would be on it.

• olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,740 Senior Member
    I put a Nikon P-223 3x32 BDC on my Sportical. Not the best for precision, long range work. But it has a clear, sharp sight picture.

20_zps7aeb42b9.jpg
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    Usey wrote: »
    Im kinda looking for more of a run and gun type of deal more than long range accuracy....if I could afford a trijicon at the moment believe me it would be on it.

If I couldn't get an ACOG I would go with something similar to the bushnell. You may not believe it but the ACOG I have was had through a trade deal on a gun I had about $400 in so I pretty much stole it!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • shawn1172shawn1172 Senior Member Posts: 588 Senior Member
    I can't comment on the Bushnell but for 1-4x scopes a good option is the Millet DMS-1 mentioned above. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/186660/millett-tactical-dms-rifle-scope-30mm-tube-1-4x-24mm-illuminated-circle-dot-reticle-matte
    I have one on my Marlin .44mag lever action for deer hunting and like it a lot. The circle-dot reticle is fast and can be used for ranging. Doesn't have target turrets like the one in your pic appears to but don't think you need that anyway for your stated purposes.
    Wish I had 500 to spend on the burris cause I sure would...I probably should be patient and wait a month and buy the trijicon I want...so I think im gonna get the 260 dollar bushnell thst comes with mount and all and in the mean time try to find a good deal on a used trijicon. And then put the bushnell on my bushy e2s I picked up over the weekend also.

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,379 Senior Member
    I personally prefer the 2-7 for a "general use" AR, mine sports a VX-II 2-7x33. Something from Redfield could suit you well.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,468 Senior Member
    Looks a lot like the Leatherwood CMR I have. So far I really like it. The turrets are a little to easy to turn, but otherwise it works good.

Lux.jpg

Actually, I need to get it back out and test how it held up to the accident we were in on the way to the SE Shoot. The POA seem to have shifted, because I had it sighted in, and it was shooting high at Jerry's.

944227_468102726602493_1707045043_n.jpg
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson