Home Main Category Hunting

todays the day

2»

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Meat in the Cooler? What kind of story line is that? Could be possum for all we know! We want a Story, even if you have to make one up and do some photochopping!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Give the man a break for crying out loud........he just got back last night and I've never been happier to see my brother back safe and sound. Saw the head.....it's not a killer trophy but it's a damn good Mulie still in velvet. I'll let him tell the story when he's good and ready.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    Give the man a break for crying out loud........he just got back last night and I've never been happier to see my brother back safe and sound. Saw the head.....it's not a killer trophy but it's a damn good Mulie still in velvet. I'll let him tell the story when he's good and ready.

He's a day late and a buck short
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,975 Senior Member
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,551 Senior Member
    nothing wrong with that guy. Congrats.

Sako
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,205 Senior Member
    That is going to be an excellent mount, hope he does not taste like sage brush.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,118 Senior Member
    Nice buck...I wouldn't let him walk by....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    That is going to be an excellent mount, hope he does not taste like sage brush.

No sage brush up there, that stops at about 9-10k ft. Shot him at about 12.5
    No sage brush up there, that stops at about 9-10k ft. Shot him at about 12.5

WOW, what altitude did you start out at each day, did that altitude affect your CO acclimated activity level?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    That is a magnificent exclamation point to a fantastic hunt. The pics in your pic thread look like alpine basins and the flora definitely looks alpine. Mind sharing the general elevation?
    Anyway, that whole scenario is awesome. I can't tell you how jealous I am. But I know it was a lot of hard work and you earned that buck.
    Many kudos MHS

Edited to add: I type slowly, you already answered the altitude question while I was typing.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    WOW, what altitude did you start out at each day, did that altitude affect your CO acclimated activity level?

The lake I camped at is 11,400. I drove about a mile and a half to where I normally glassed/started from, that was closer to 12k. I felt the thin air, but nothing at all like I was expecting. Really wasn't too bad at all unless I was in a hurry. Getting as much UL gear as possible really helped. New rifle, new scope, new spotting scope, new boots, new pack....shaved weight every place I could afford to
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 8,496 Senior Member
    Nice buck.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,615 Senior Member
    I can't believe I've missed this thread! Great buck! The velvet is super cool.

Anxiously awaiting the story.
    The lake I camped at is 11,400. I drove about a mile and a half to where I normally glassed/started from, that was closer to 12k. I felt the thin air, but nothing at all like I was expecting. Really wasn't too bad at all unless I was in a hurry. Getting as much UL gear as possible really helped. New rifle, new scope, new spotting scope, new boots, new pack....shaved weight every place I could afford to

You forgot your face:jester:

You ARE the energizer bunny when you are on the hunt, that had to be some work by yourself:up:.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Way to go, nice buck. Congrats on a successful hunt!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Very nice, Dan. Congratulations on a well earned trophy.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    full (re:long) report is up on the pics thread
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Awesome velvet mulie!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.