Oylmpic Arms Bad Customer Service!

N454casullN454casull MemberPosts: 358 Member
So about a month ago I was driving thru Washington state near Oylmpia and thought hey I should stop at oylmpic Arms. So I called ahead it being friday and all and asked their hours I was told 4:30, great I'll be there at 3:30! I drive an extra hour out of my way to stop there and had money in hand for a nice new Trail Boss. I get there and its closed I knock and knock, finally a guy shows up says "sorry we're closed" to which I replied umm I called ahead you said you didn't close till 4:30. Well it turns out the CEO came in and gave them all the afternoon off. Now thats great and all but in my opinion someone should have stayed and talked to me I told them on the phone I was going out of my way to get there and had been driving for 4+ hours.

So I call them just to let them know I didn't care for the way they had handled the situation. I was very calm and polite as I find it really does work better. What did I get "sorry" pause "the CEO told us to go home and when the CEO of a major corparation tells you to go home you do". Really thats it thats all your gonna give me? After he said that I was having a hard time staying calm so I said goodbye.

I guess the CEO of that major corp. doesn't need my money. Which is good cause I don't think they'll be getting any soon. In a day where customer service is so bad on so many levels and you have a chance to set yourself apart by having good customer service you blow it. I'm just sorry to see it is all.

I feel that if they had said, sorry when will you be by again, we'll make sure we are here! And maybe thrown a hat or shirt my way or a tour of the plant anything really I would have been ok with that. But instead I got sorry your cause we all wanted to go home early.

OK done ranting

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,047 Senior Member
    Actually, it was the responsibility of the person who took your call to inform the boss that a customer was on the way...just sayin....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • ericbericb Banned Posts: 392 Member
    N454casull wrote: »
    So about a month ago I was driving thru Washington state near Oylmpia and thought hey I should stop at oylmpic Arms. So I called ahead it being friday and all and asked their hours I was told 4:30, great I'll be there at 3:30! I drive an extra hour out of my way to stop there and had money in hand for a nice new Trail Boss. I get there and its closed I knock and knock, finally a guy shows up says "sorry we're closed" to which I replied umm I called ahead you said you didn't close till 4:30. Well it turns out the CEO came in and gave them all the afternoon off. Now thats great and all but in my opinion someone should have stayed and talked to me I told them on the phone I was going out of my way to get there and had been driving for 4+ hours.

So I call them just to let them know I didn't care for the way they had handled the situation. I was very calm and polite as I find it really does work better. What did I get "sorry" pause "the CEO told us to go home and when the CEO of a major corparation tells you to go home you do". Really thats it thats all your gonna give me? After he said that I was having a hard time staying calm so I said goodbye.

I guess the CEO of that major corp. doesn't need my money. Which is good cause I don't think they'll be getting any soon. In a day where customer service is so bad on so many levels and you have a chance to set yourself apart by having good customer service you blow it. I'm just sorry to see it is all.

I feel that if they had said, sorry when will you be by again, we'll make sure we are here! And maybe thrown a hat or shirt my way or a tour of the plant anything really I would have been ok with that. But instead I got sorry your cause we all wanted to go home early.

OK done ranting

From what I have heard their product is POOP anyway. Call Spikes or Smith and Wesson..lots of good 1911s out there too.
    "HunterJoe...You need to stick to topics you know about, which I realize is going to limit your post count."~Dan Johnson
  • N454casullN454casull Member Posts: 358 Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Actually, it was the responsibility of the person who took your call to inform the boss that a customer was on the way...just sayin....

I totally agree! The guy that took my call should have said something. I guess my rant came off a little wrong either way I think it was handled badly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Write a letter to the CEO or the VP of sales. I find that putting stuff in writing to a high enough guys has always gotten me different results than talking to a CS puke that does not give a damn.

+1
    Jayhawker wrote:

+1
    To make a long post short here, ...
  • wolf049wolf049 Member Posts: 217 Member
    ericb wrote: »
    From what I have heard their product is POOP anyway. Call Spikes or Smith and Wesson..lots of good 1911s out there too.

I've heard/read the samething, just don't remember where or what the problem was.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Try writing that letter to the VP of sales and marketing,,,, I bet you hear something.. We all want good customer-service especially when it comes to firearms and ammo, etc.
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    I have not heard it's poop. The only problems I've heard are functioning ones, but those have been with Oly guns that push the limit--like their ARs in WSSM chamberings.
    To make a long post short here, ...
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,679 Senior Member
    Here you are trying to form a lynch mob on the internet because one person had a bad experience with one person who answered a phone at a manufacturer. Look at it from their side for a moment. They get a random phone call from someone that says they will be comming by. Great, they probably get several calls a day from people checking their hours and saying that they will be comming by to shop. The employees are told things are slow so go ahead and close an hour early and go home. The guy that had answered the phone suggests that some guy called and said he was stopping by, and he could buy a trail boss. His boss would likely tell him that if he wants to wait and see if the guy on the phone really stops by, he would have to do it on his own time. I'm guessing most folks would bolt. Guy really does show up and finds the place closed. Oh well, sorry about that, stuff happens. The title of this thread makes it sound like someone had bad service relating to a product rather than the outlet closing early without warning. And now their products are poop also. Do you really want to buy a poopy trail boss?
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    ericb wrote: »

Not to long ago I asked the LGS ( an Olympic DEALER ) about the 45ACP upper they make for ARs. He looked at me and said "I'll order you one but talk to Keith first". Keith, another employee and GREAT shooter, walks over and jujst shakes his head. I ask why and he says basically the fit and finish isn't there so don't waste my money. He also offered to sell me his 45ACP upper for half price and it only had 2 boxes of FMJ run through it. I know that is one person and one product but the LGS is not real big on them ...

The Trail Boss might be different ...
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,110 Senior Member
    i wouldnt call it bad CS, just bad timing.
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt