Home Main Category Hunting

Going to have to get things ready this month

snake284snake284 Senior MemberPosts: 22,394 Senior Member
I'm leaving for Manila on October 7th and will be gone until October 28th. Gun Deer Season starts Saturday, November 2nd here. So I'm going to have to get my two feeders filled and change the batteries out. I was wanting to plant some kind of feed plot too, so that's something else I need to do. The blind is in good shape but I wanted to cut a side door in it because I don't like getting in through the bottom. So I have a few things to take care of before I leave.

I haven't been there since September, 2006. I need to go down to the Island of Negros where my wife is from and pay the taxes on our house there. I also have some friends and in laws I want to visit with there as well as some around Manila on Luzon. I wish I had six months I could spend there, but I'm sure 21 day in that heat and Humidity will have me ready to come home and hunt deer. I'm going to have this lap top with me and the Hotel has High Speed internet. So I won't be entirely out of touch.
Daddy, what's an enabler?
Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Replies

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Send some pics...
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    Maybe this is so in Thailand?

I hear you can bring and shoot live animals at some ranges there, not my idea of fun but the live hand grenades available for sale at the counter could do for one's bucket list.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    No telling what I'll get into down there Bruchi. It's like a new movie every trip. Wife won't be with me because she'll be working. Last time she went I stayed back. I have four brother in laws, a sister in law, and a bunch of nieces and nephews and cousin in laws that will keep me busy. We'll probably do a pig or two on coals. Maybe I'll go fishing if I can hire a boat. I'm going to tour Luzon up north of Manila, and go down the Death March Trail from San Fernando and Pampanga down to Mariveles at the tip. I may catch the boat out to Corregidor too. I've never been out there yet. Before that I will go up to Pangasina with a friend and meet the family.

After that, I want to go to Tarlac and see the site of Camp O'Donnell. My uncle was in that hell hole and survived, after he survived the Bataan Campaign and the Death March. Then I'll go east of there to Camp Cabanatuan, where my Uncle died in October of 42 from Diphtheria. I haven't been there yet either. Then we'll go to Baguio, which is fairly high and cool. After that it's back to Makati City, a suburb of Manila and back to the Hotel.

At some point I'll get plane tickets to Negros Occidental where I'll spend a few days visiting my wife's family. After three of four days there, we'll catch the bus to Negros Oriental, on the other side of the mountain range from Negros Occidental, to the town of Dumaghetti. I'll spend a couple of nights there and leave on the bus for Cebu City. You go back up the coast from Dumaghetti about 10 miles to a dock and catch a WWII U.S. LC-T landing craft which ferries the bus across the 8 mile straight between Negros and Cebu. The bus drives off the ferry on the west side of Cebu Island and goes around the bottom end of Cebu and up the East Coast to Cebu City. This is a cool bus trip. The Bus is air conditioned and has nice big seats and even shows current US and Britt movies. It takes about 4 hours to get to Cebu City from the Ferry. Then we'll get a cab at the bus station to one of the very reasonable hotels there. I always like to go to Maktan Cebu about 10 miles NE of Cebu City to the King Lapu Lapu Shrine. This is dedicated to King Lapu Lapu, the Malay king of the Central Philippines where Magellan was killed in a battle with Lapu Lapu.
    I've done this trip twice now and enjoy it very much.

If I had money, I'd spend 6 months here and 6 months there every year. Just as long as I'm home in the fall to fish and hunt.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.