Iran says; They will destroy our way of life....

JayhawkerJayhawker ModeratorPosts: 14,836 Senior Member
Here's Obama's chance....In my world, the one where words mean things, this is a direct threat...and were my finger on the button, the very next thing the folks in Iran would be hearing from us would be "Boom!!!" I would level their infrastructure, military assets and nuclear facilities, I'd put their navy on the bottom of the Persian Gulf and probably lob a few at downtown Tehran as well...just for good measure.... My next verbal communications with Iran would be...."and you were saying?"
Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,668 Senior Member
    Sounds like a plan.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,945 Senior Member
    Sounds acceptable Jay. As you know, my fantasy cabinet would include Vlad the Impaler as Secretary of Defense. When he sent a message, nobody had trouble understanding.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,245 Senior Member
    Owebama replied, "Hey get in line, its still my turn to do that!"
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    Bring it!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
    timc wrote: »
    Bring it!

As a reply for Iran, to paraphrase Curly from "City Slickers": "We crap bigger than you."
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,867 Senior Member
    How many Al-qaeda are in Iran. This would stop him.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,666 Senior Member
    Homeland Security and the NSA has already done it for them.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,651 Senior Member
    Well what would we do if someone attacked one of our allies. The same thing, we are the ones wanting to launch cruise missiles at Syria.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    Think of the Middle East as a death-row block in a U.S Super Max prison with guards all hired under affirmative action and Mike Farrell as the wardon.
    "The reflection upon my situation and that of this army produces many an uneasy hour when all around me are wrapped in sleep. Few people know the predicament we are in" ~General George Washington, January 14, 1776
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,836 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Yes, we could make them a smoldering pile of rubble. But not before they sabotage the oil wells. And regardless of what they did, oil prices would sky rocket. Which, will make life crappy when gas is 6$ a gallon.

The mere act of our country showing that it still has a pair would be worth $6.00 a gallon gas....Besides....how much oil do we get from Iran anyway?
    OK...just for you...Our "boots on the ground" seize the oilfields while we're bombing hell out of them...you get your own well.....
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,651 Senior Member
    A lot of folks seem to want war:uhm:
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,867 Senior Member
    Never mind. I edited all of it.
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »

Not necessarily war......but rather instant and total annihilation of the Persian Empire and let the prevailing winds and fallout take care of south central/eastern Asia and it's over population problem. Or we can introduce them to cable TV..............
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    Dennis Miller's idea: Each bad actor in the world gets a "Secret Santa". Kim acts up Bashar gets bombed, Bashar acts up Hezbollah gets it. No one but the pentagon knows who is the "Secret Santa" for who. Amusing to think about.
    Buford wrote: »

Not really....just that I'm sick and tired of that bunch of arrogant, posturing posers in the current administration. You say you're going to do something DO IT! Otherwise shut up and sit in the corner. The time for whacking Syria passed the day after the gas attack....now Iran has been emboldened by that bunch of jellyfish.... Do you recall that Kadaffi settled down considerably after getting a 500 pounder dropped on his tent? It works....

In
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,263 Senior Member
    What most of us "hawks" are tired of is using a flyswatter when a 9-pound sledgehammer is the proper tool for the job. Making these "incredibly small" attacks is stupid. Letting the bad actors in the region see what's left of one instigator when we're done putting the smackdown on them just might calm the rest of them down. The logical target is Iran, and Jimmy Carter should have been the one to take them out when they took our people hostage. Since he wussed out, things have gotten steadily worse.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,574 Senior Member
    You guys need to step back and look at this the same way you view CCW.

Would you shoot someone for talking trash?
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    You guys need to step back and look at this the same way you view CCW.

Would you shoot someone for talking trash?

If he was standing on the corner of my street with a gun in his hand and says that he's going to walk over to my house and shoot my wife and our 4 year old and 8 month old girls, yeah, probably so.
    You wouldn't?
    If he was standing on the corner of my street with a gun in his hand and says that he's going to walk over to my house and shoot my wife and our 4 year old and 8 month old girls, yeah, probably so.
    You wouldn't?

The scenarios do not compare. Iran is not on the corner of "our street", nor does it have the ability to get to "our house" and kill our families. Iran is nothing more than a rabid dog on a small island. Barking and frothing at the mouth, but not a real threat.

Ayn Rand
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,588 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Yes, we could make them a smoldering pile of rubble. But not before they sabotage the oil wells. And regardless of what they did, oil prices would sky rocket. Which, will make life crappy when gas is 6$ a gallon.

Consequences? You're worried about consequences? The crazy guy in the corner just insulted your girlfriend. Crack him over the head with a pool cue and show him who's boss! What are you chicken? Worrying about consequences is for [female genitalia]!
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    Consequences? You're worried about consequences? The crazy guy in the corner just insulted your girlfriend. Crack him over the head with a pool cue and show him who's boss! What are you chicken? Worrying about consequences is for [female genitalia]!

Too simplistic...There's a difference between a threat and an insult..." I'm going to kill you" (threat) vs "You're a moron" (insult).. see the difference? Did the crazy guy in the corner say he was going to kill my girlfriend or say something bad about her...one you ignore, the other requires a little action...

I was in one fight in HS...a largish, not too smart individual with a penchant for violence said "I'm going to kick your "butt" (in deference to the auto-censor) then turned his back on me....so I thanked him warning and punched him in the back of the head and did my best to hurt him as much as I possibly could once he was on the ground.
    Consequences? I was suspended for a week. On the other hand, I had no further problems with this idiot (or anyone else) for the rest of my time in HS. Sometimes the result is worth paying the consequences....
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Too simplistic...There's a difference between a threat and an insult..." I'm going to kill you" (threat) vs "You're a moron" (insult).. see the difference? Did the crazy guy in the corner say he was going to kill my girlfriend or say something bad about her...one you ignore, the other requires a little action...

I was in one fight in HS...a largish, not too smart individual with a penchant for violence said "I'm going to kick your "butt" (in deference to the auto-censor) then turned his back on me....so I thanked him warning and punched him in the back of the head and did my best to hurt him as much as I possibly could once he was on the ground.
    Consequences? I was suspended for a week. On the other hand, I had no further problems with this idiot (or anyone else) for the rest of my time in HS. Sometimes the result is worth paying the consequences....

There's also a difference between a credible threat and a passive one.

Your HS example is based on someone that was a credible threat.

Iran is more like this:

A house about five miles from my house has three pit bulls. When I drive past, they bark and growl and look really scary. I am slightly concerned about what might happen if they get out of the fence, but I am not driving by and killing the dogs as a pre-emptive strike.

Ayn Rand
    The important thing about chemical and other "weapons of mass destruction" is that the bad actors in the world may at times use them against their own people, but, they need to have a clear understanding, and belief that if they use them against us or our allies they will be rapidly approaching mushroom cloud temperatures from our response. What the current occupant of the White House has done is let them no that he does not have the stones for any response let alone one in an appropriate and timely manner. Taking a swing at a piñata is a great approach for a kids party. Blindly swinging around in international relations is idiotic.