Kentucky proposes mandatory firearm RFID bill..

GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior MemberPosts: 1,083 Senior Member
http://nationalreport.net/weapon-rfid-system-kentucky/

Thoughts? Besides the obvious "It'd take a bad guy about 5 minutes with a hammer and screwdriver to kill the thing"...

And bear in mind, the author by all accounts appears to be of the Liberal bent...
I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Ruger 10/22, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,105 Senior Member
    In Kentucky. KENTUCKY?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,353 Senior Member
    We need to go back to the days when legislators could be beaten with canes!
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    Baloney, this would be all the cable news outlets and this is the first I've seen of it.

Besides, RFID are passive devices and need to be scanned by electronic readers , not GPS like devices.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate any factual proposed/actual laws that impact my RKBA and lord knows there are plenty of harebrained preposterous idys brought up by gun-grabbers that make your hair stand on end.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?117325-Kentucky-Weapon-RFID-System-Bill

"This is all very interesting. This article is dated "one week ago". The General Assembly is not even in session (and won't be until January, hasn't been since April) and the Senate or House (Ky. doesn't have a Congress, only the Federal government has one of those) can't pass anything right now. To top it all off, there is no gun registration in Ky. This is pure crap and no intelligent person would believe it or repeat it. Its not even reasonable or believable crap."
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,903 Senior Member
    Did you get upset Chief?
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    I'm throwing it...

BS_Flag_Product.jpg
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • ken55ken55 Senior Member Posts: 781 Senior Member
    GunnerK19 wrote: »
    http://nationalreport.net/weapon-rfid-system-kentucky/

Thoughts? Besides the obvious "It'd take a bad guy about 5 minutes with a hammer and screwdriver to kill the thing"...

And bear in mind, the author by all accounts appears to be of the Liberal bent...

My thought is to take a look at the publication http://nationalreport.net/

Methinks their "citizen journalists" get a charge out of writing stuff like this, usually called "satire". Here is my personal favorite article from the same issue:

http://nationalreport.net/orgasm-drives-woman-push-husband-cliff/
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,245 Senior Member
    I threw the baloney flag after they said the words "liberal" and "more intelligent" in the same sentence.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Did you get upset Chief?

Hey, if KIN-tucky could pass something like that, it's all over for the rest of the states.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,083 Senior Member
    Yep, someone else pointed out to me that it was satire. Color me gullible, but I take anything anti gun or anti 2A very seriously. Had I known, I never would have wasted my time posting the link.
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Ruger 10/22, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    This has been shown to be a bogus site. Stories more made up than traditional news sources.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,794 Senior Member
    If and when they start putting RFID tags in firearms, I'll open up shop and deactivate them for $10, of which $9.99 will be pure profit. Sayin'.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.