Antigunners say Colorado recall is crimping their style? Duh

samzheresamzhere BannedPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
Short article here from Fox news:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/14/gun-control-advocates-say-colorado-recall-stifling-effort-in-congress/

Antigunners are "complaining" that the recent Colorado recall is hampering their gun control efforts in congress.

To which I say, "Yeah? That's what the message was intended to be! Duh"

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,528 Senior Member
    Too many elected officials forget they are supposed to be the voice of the majority. I think its wonderful what the people of Colorado did. I for one applaud them:thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    100928-official-seal-of-democrat-party-crying-baby_zpsb2fad2d5.jpg
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    Isn't that Obama's baby picture? The face is too round to be Kerry's
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • USUFBUSUFB Senior Member Posts: 830 Senior Member
    You know you're on the wrong side of an issue when voters choosing to protect Constitution rights is "cramping your style." :fiddle:
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,261 Senior Member
    Gun-grabber whack-a-mole- - - - - - -it's the latest, greatest fun game us Second Amendment supporters can play. Make 'em afraid to show their butt-ugly faces!
    :applause: to the good citizens of Colorado!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,665 Senior Member
    100928-official-seal-of-democrat-party-crying-baby_zpsb2fad2d5.jpg
    or Crybummer1_zpsb48b71c7.jpg
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,982 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    or Crybummer1_zpsb48b71c7.jpg

Lordy, I needed another cup of coffee before hurting my eyes on that baby-Obammy :yikes::yikes::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    What I found funniest was that the antigunners were amazed at how this recall has dampened their campaigns. We all know up front that they're anti gun. But that they're themselves dismayed at the message sent is what made me laugh.

These folks are so clueless. Like all liberals, they simply cannot appreciate that other people have different views and might legitimately not just automatically "see the truth" and agree.

"What a maroon!" as Bugs would say.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,431 Senior Member
    I take exception to the following line excerpted from the article.

"They know how to influence and intimidate elected people."

They were speaking of the NRA, of course.

Truth is, Morse is arrogant enough that he wasn't intimidated by the very people that elected (and eventually recalled) him in the first place. With Bloomberg's money (and more) behind him along with a sense of "momentum", I don't think he considered the possibility of being recalled even remotely possible.

But, it was close. He almost survived the recall effort. Colorado Springs is almost like 2 towns, politically. The northern end is pretty red, with the southern half being pretty blue. I live only six blocks inside Morse's district on the north side. My own sister and BIL who live only eight blocks north of me couldn't even vote in this election, although there's a heckuva lot of Colorado Springs still left even eight miles north of them. Ken55, who lives about as far north as you can while still considering yourself a CS resident, was so far away from the district that him voting wasn't a consideration.

But, to the west, the town of Manitou Springs is included in Morse's former district. Manitou Springs is, to put it mildly, where old '60's era hippies retire to vote and die. The impact the town of Manitou Springs has on the political demographic of Senate District 11 can't really be overstated. If the boundries of 11 were extended as far north as they are west, Morse would have likely gone down in flames by a wider margin than Giron.

Such are the pleasures of gerrymandering.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,835 Senior Member
    "Antigunners say Colorado recall is crimping their style"....Yep...like most liberals,being held accountable for their actions is a foreign concept..
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    I've got a crimp for them............put their little pin-heads through a press and squeeze down with a Lee Factory Crimp Die. With the hot air they create, I'll bet I could get 5280 fps with a BC of .700 since they're pretty dense...........:tooth:
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,261 Senior Member
    Any chance of using the gun-grabbers as sandbags to slow down the flooding out there?
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,665 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    "Antigunners say Colorado recall is crimping their style"....Yep...like most liberals,being held accountable for their actions is a foreign concept..
    But JH, (In their minds) they know what's best for us all, if us "unwashed masses" would just listen and do as they tell us.

I wish/hope that the "ripples" this has caused transforms into a "tidal wave" that sweeps across this great land of ours
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    But JH, (In their minds) they know what's best for us all, if us "unwashed masses" would just listen and do as they tell us.

I wish/hope that the "ripples" this has caused transforms into a "tidal wave" that sweeps across this great land of ours

It can be a wave but we have to provide the paddles. We have to actively support conservative candidates and also work with recalls if needed.

Teach wrote: »
    Any chance of using the gun-grabbers as sandbags to slow down the flooding out there?
    Jerry

That would just divert the flows around them and spill more water over the banks............better to utilize their "sucking" power to clean out all the basements and underpasses...........:tooth:
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • LerchessLerchess Senior Member Posts: 550 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Jerry

Both the EPA and the DNR would object since that would cause some serious water pollution. :jester:
    Heck, the water is already polluted with oil, sewage, and animal waste......what's the difference?

We could John Morse at the head of of a river and call it a dum-dum-dam.......:tooth: