California Passes Strictest Semi Auto Gun Ban In The US

NomadacNomadac Senior MemberPosts: 890 Senior Member
California Passes Strictest Semi Auto Gun Ban In The US
http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/09/california-passes-strictest-semi-auto-gun-ban-us/

SB-374 Firearms: assault weapons.(2013-2014)
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140SB374

Glad I don't live in CA. Maybe the people should take a lesson from the voters in CO. that did a recall on two that voted for their ridiculous gun control. It is time for the voters to rise up and take control back from the radical Liberals that are destroying our Country. Vote them out of office.

Replies

• sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,215 Senior Member
    But will the bad guys follow the law?????????????????????????
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,868 Senior Member
    I once thought I would like to visit CA. before I die. That thought has been going away for several years. I'm glad I live far away from that place.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    These Libtards will be the end of us if we don't rise up and take control back from them. We need to vote for whoever opposes them. I personally would love a Rand Paul or a Ted Cruz type in office, but I would take the lesser of evils. The thing we have to do is hold our so called conservative politician's feet to the fire. We don't need any more Rinos.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,267 Senior Member
    I'm glad I live far away from that place.

I lived there off and on from 1972-1980 in between overseas assignments with the USAF and during a very nasty child custody fight after I left the service. I can't recall anything I left there that could persuade me to go back. The places that are nice to visit are impossible for someone who isn't independently wealthy to live, and the places with the jobs suck like a Hoover upright!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    Until EVERY firearms manufacturer located in California (including Weatherby) LEAVES the state, and every other firearms and ammunition maker unites to boycott every state and local law enforcement agency of weapons, ammo, parts, service, and accessories, it will only get worse. Its time for UNITED CORPORATE CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE, for the gun companies to either put up or shut up. After all, it's their customers being shut out of the market. They have everything to lose.

I wouldn't mind if Remington, Winchester, Federal, Hornady and all the other ammo makers refused to accept orders from the Federal government as well. Corporations need to "unionize" and go on strike every time any government, federal, state or local, tries to interfere with, regulate, or restrict the free market. It's time for economic revolution.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,837 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    Until EVERY firearms manufacturer located in California (including Barrett and Weatherby) LEAVES the state,

Where did you get the idea that Barrett is in CA? They are located in Murfeesboro, TN And Ronnie Barrett was the first manufacturer to boycott the State of California when they banned .50 BMG for civillians....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Jay like always, his mind is made up- - - - - -don't confuse him with facts!
    :nono:
    Jerry
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Where did you get the idea that Barrett is in CA? They are located in Murfeesboro, TN And Ronnie Barrett was the first manufacturer to boycott the State of California when they banned .50 BMG for civillians....

Thanks. My mistake. I fixed it.
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    So i log in and find MHS's hunt pics. Such fond memories, so relaxing, then I read this. Total buzz kill.
    We'll be in Big Sur the last of January 2014. Guess we'll have to worry about being attacked by .50 BMGs and ARs less than 20" in length. Cause only criminals will have them. i couldn't wade through that link to the actual law. Did they ban that evil thing that goes up?
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,584 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    I can't recall anything I left there that could persuade me to go back....

Geographically speaking, California is near perfect. Mountains, desert, hardwoods, hundreds of miles of coastline, rivers, lakes, etc. Mule deer, blacktail deer, sheep, goats, elk, bears...The weather is fantastic. I miss these aspects.

That said, I will not even visit my family unless I'm there for work.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
    Since I was tempted to give my ex (and her bisexual girlfriend) a dirt nap on a regular basis, I wouldn't allow myself to own anything that could shoot. I do miss the fantastic fishing up in the Sierras around Yosemite, though! The scenery is majestic, but the people in the big cities ruin it for everybody!
    Jerry
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Actually California is beautiful and well worth visiting. Unfortunately their politicians have found out that by giving the whole budget away to the illegals as well as licenses and the ability to vote they can stay in office forever.

Agreed. I lived in "Silicon Valley" (Cupertino) in the mid-80s, just before the whole state went totally nuts. At the time it was still liberal but at least somewhat moderate and sensible. Not any more.

But yeah, California is a stunningly beautiful state, especially the Big Sur region, upper coastline, and the amazing charm of San Francisco (folks there are very friendly, actually). Like the old cliche, great place to visit, etc...

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    Glad all my goods are now out of foreign territory.

As a side note, just because one lives outside of this godforsaken state does not mean you're immune to the disease of liberalism and its anti-American/Constitution ideology. Amazing that sheep will still vote leftist or hold the liberal banner after these communist dictators have made it perfectly clear they despise our nation and the Tenets that were designed to keep us free. To you liberal/leftist sheep-- don't even begin to defend your leftist ideology because I simply don't want to hear it. You're like a chicken who votes for Col. Sanders just to keep that "free" chicken feed rolling in to keep you fat, dumb and happy... EVEN despite knowing your pending doom is near.
    "The reflection upon my situation and that of this army produces many an uneasy hour when all around me are wrapped in sleep. Few people know the predicament we are in" ~General George Washington, January 14, 1776
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,369 Senior Member
    I am in California right now (came for daughters wedding) but glad we will be headed back to North Dakota in a week. All my firearms are now located in ND and we are ND residents. Was at the market earlier and they have a petition to stop a new tax the politicians want. It is a 5 cent tax on all bullets whether loaded ammo or components. I had heard about the capacity ban so made sure all my guns were gone from this state. As far as California having great places to visit that is true but it is no longer worth living in.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,102 Senior Member
    sherwood wrote: »
    But will the bad guys follow the law?????????????????????????

I bet the street gangs were the first to comply! Thank God! California's gun crime should dwindle to nothing by week's end.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,569 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Oh absolutely! There is a line of criminals in LA right now outside of every precinct turning in the banned guns and they are all :hug:and :beer: with the cops celebrating the complete end of violence and crime in CA!!!!!
    Sorry! Criminals who posses illegal ( stolen, sawed off, serial number removed, or who are banned from possessing firearms of any kind) will not be required to turn them in. It raises the possibility of violating their fifth amendment rights. This is not a joke. It happened during the "assault rifle" ban in the 1990s!
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    Now they just have to ban Hollywood from using (gloryfing) guns in movies and TV.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".