Home Main Category Hunting

Operation: Deer Camp

13»

Replies

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,164 Senior Member

Leave a tail on the trailer and rent a porta potty for the week. Put it on when you leave, take it off when you come back.

There's a good reason they mmt them before transport. Don't want to have a big tank of poo subjected to things like kinetic energy ( emergency stop or rear ended).
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    Thus the "rent" and put it on the back :fan:
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Thus the "rent" and put it on the back :fan:

But how do you it get it back after Jerm uses it? That takes special equipment.....

12650216571_SPLASH.jpgpollution03-beach-barrel-removal_16636_600x450.jpgAvoid-Breathing-Vapors-Danger-Sign-S-0357.gif
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    I got all the windows pulled, all the fixtures in the main area yanked along with anything else I can think of value. The door is pulled. I still got to strip out the AC unit up top along with the vents, the bathroom, the bedroom up top, and the awning. After that, I am ready to go to town with the skid steer. I am starting to get anxious but I am trying to use restraint. All this pulling billions of #2 square drive screws knowing full well I can have that sucker down to a flat deck in under 20 minutes.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    Helped my cousin try and rehab a truck bed camper. Wore out two cheap no name drills drilling out rivets
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,756 Senior Member
    Since it's a fifth wheel and there's a bed on the raised portion why not keep that bed there? A comfortable double or queen mattress with a low ceiling for you and let the other guys sleep on a bunk. You just need enough height to get in and out, maybe two feet. A water heater and water storage tank isn't that large. Build the first bed on one side just high enough to hold them and the furnace and your in business. Because they're inside your water won't freeze. A couple straps on the outside and you could make a removable outdoor shower/pooper enclosure. A quick coupler, electrical conduit and a tarp and you have it. A hose connection and running water is great when your quartering a deer.

One consideration with 6-8 people in a confined space is condensation. There will be a lot of moisture from that many people breathing in a small space. Roof vents are a must especially if your serving beans in camp.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    I donno, but I would think that far up north when it's that cool the air will be dryer than a powder house.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Freezer is right. It gets that way even with just 3 guys in a 32' 5th wheel.
    -Thomas Paine
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    On the one and only canned hunt I ever participated in, the lodge had 4-man rooms of about 10 X 12 feet, with upper and lower bunks made of 2X4's and plywood with cotton mattresses about 4" thick. Four guys snoring, farting, and tossing and turning to find a comfortable sleeping position made for a less-than-pleasant sleeping experience! The hunt the next day for "wild" hogs was pretty much of a joke, too! Never again!
    Jerry
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I am ready to go to town with the skid steer. I am starting to get anxious but I am trying to use restraint. All this pulling billions of #2 square drive screws knowing full well I can have that sucker down to a flat deck in under 20 minutes.
    ...unless you pinch a hydraulic line. I will get it fixed in the morning and I will get a dumpster dropped off so I can get the crap cleared out of the way....
    IMG_4719_zps3276c2fe.jpg
    IMG_4720_zpsaff05b86.jpg
    IMG_4721_zps8ad48173.jpg
    IMG_4723_zps6d09b709.jpg
    -Thomas Paine
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,625 Senior Member
    There would would have been a crowd of neighbors on lawn chairs having a beer if this was going on in my neighborhood, no spectators?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    There would would have been a crowd of neighbors on lawn chairs having a beer if this was going on in my neighborhood, no spectators?
    My back yard is pretty private until the leaves fall off the trees. Both the Labradors were hanging out on the back porch watching. The wife and kids are so used to my antics that it didn't even phase them. Considering that I pulled my house down with chains and a pickup truck so I could rebuild it, I doubt my neighbors would think anything was out of the ordinary anyway.
    -Thomas Paine
    cpj wrote: »
    If you've ever dismantled a camper with a skid steer.....
    Just trying to bring a bit of Oklahoma scenery up here to Michigan.
    -Thomas Paine
    Actually, anyone that lives in tornado alley.
    -Thomas Paine
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Hey Jerm, have you ever given thought to the fold out army/navy idea? with aluminum poles and chains? Do you have room to set up 3 bunks inline 2 high on one side kinda like a navy troop ship since you have a low ceiling. Then on the other side an inline counter for the kitchen? You could go full Spartan with Coleman stoves and wash basin like a wall-tent camp kitchen......living room and commode is an outside adventure......maybe an enclosed awning like TOC vehicles....use the goose-neck area for storage and a queen bed for the King......If you could incorporate a shower and head into the plan, that would be better......just a thought.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Not aluminum, but I hear he is installing a brass pole. And some chains.

What? buffco hunts with him?

I'm not sure exactly what you're building Jerm and I know you know your stuff when it comes to construction. But just to add to the discussion, travel trailers and mobile homes are built to, "float" for transit. As opposed to a site built cabin, house, etc.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
    But just to add to the discussion, travel trailers and mobile homes are built to, "float" for transit. As opposed to a site built cabin, house, etc.
    That, and I have to understand that it has to regularly endure hurricane force winds. Going 70 miles an hour in a 30 mile an hour headwind and I have 100 mile an hour winds.
    -Thomas Paine
    So I fixed the hydraulic lines on the skid steer today, got the rest of it dropped and started getting it chucked in the dumpster. Had the boy pulling aluminum and wire out of the debris. Everything was going pretty smooth until the bungee cord that I was using to hold the lines out of the pinch points broke and one of my lines yet again got smashed to hell. This is irritating. I need to devise some other way to keep those lines out of the way. I can't have that crap happening on paying jobs with deadlines.

Anyhow, I will get the line fixed in the morning and get most of the stuff cleared away. This weekend, I plan to strip down the deck and start hacking with the torches. I also got to take off the deck and hardware for the slide out. The slide out has a pretty sweet 12v hydraulic unit. I want to do something with it. I am not sure what yet-- possibly outfitting a smaller trailer with a dump bed. I am open to suggestions. I will get a picture of it when I get it all pulled.
    -Thomas Paine
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    The slide out has a pretty sweet 12v hydraulic unit. I want to do something with it. I am not sure what yet-- possibly outfitting a smaller trailer with a dump bed. I am open to suggestions. I will get a picture of it when I get it all pulled.

Slid out deck, that would be cool! Can you believe that the slang for boobs got caught by the autocensor!
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    Here is what this all boils down to...
    My son turns 13 this week. Next year, he can legally public land with a rifle. Two years later, his sister will be able to too. Mrs. Jerm loves to hunt. She has sacrificed he huntig for the little ones (and me) for the last 7 years. Me, my brother Dave, and Kevin Thomas have been doing a hunt/camp thing for the last 12 years. In two years we will have:
    1) Me
    2) Dave
    3) Kevin
    4) Mrs. Jerm
    5) Anastasia
    6) Nicolai

...that is six beds! I also promised the kids that as long as their grades are "C" or better, they will never miss an opening day. If the 24 year old and 18 year old step-daughters decide to get a clue, I got eight beds filled. If not, they are welcome to members here. Regardless, if you folks want to do a Michigan deer hunt, you are always welcome-- we will be sure to make arrangements. Before-- The 5th wheel slept 3 dudes, one of them comfortably.

This will be the coolest mobile deer camp ever. Mrs. Jerm has already labeled it "Jerm's Playhouse".
    -Thomas Paine
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,625 Senior Member
    Here is what this all boils down to...
    My son turns 13 this week. Next year, he can legally public land with a rifle. Two years later, his sister will be able to too. Mrs. Jerm loves to hunt. She has sacrificed he huntig for the little ones (and me) for the last 7 years. Me, my brother Dave, and Kevin Thomas have been doing a hunt/camp thing for the last 12 years. In two years we will have:
    1) Me
    2) Dave
    3) Kevin
    4) Mrs. Jerm
    5) Anastasia
    6) Nicolai

...that is six beds! I also promised the kids that as long as their grades are "C" or better, they will never miss an opening day. If the 24 year old and 18 year old step-daughters decide to get a clue, I got eight beds filled. If not, they are welcome to members here. Regardless, if you folks want to do a Michigan deer hunt, you are always welcome-- we will be sure to make arrangements. Before-- The 5th wheel slept 3 dudes, one of them comfortably.

This will be the coolest mobile deer camp ever. Mrs. Jerm has already labeled it "Jerm's Playhouse".

Will it have padded headboards lag bolted to the wall?:angel2:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11