On duty cop caught stealing man's pro 2a sign

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,050 Senior Member
    So....basically no one knows if the cop was enforcing a city code or not, the sign guy isn't sure if where he set the sign up was his on property or not and no one is answering the phone. Maybe he should put up an anti-gun sign in the same place and see if it disappears as well... The "journalist" might ought to have done a little fact finding before he submitted an article for print because this particular piece says.....nothing...without some form of context, the pictures don't even show anything.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,719 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    ...the pictures don't even show anything.

The cop could've just pulled the sign out of the ground, but the first picture shows the cop kicking the sign over breaking the post. He then leaves the "stump" behind causing a safety hazard.

I'm sure that's how NOT to enforce a city code.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »

I'm sure that's how NOT to enforce a city code.

Right, this guy owns his property out to the middle of the street. However, there is an easement for the road and another one for utilities. But ultimately that sign was in his yard. And further more, since when do cops take over the duties of code enforcement officers. If the city found it to be in violation he should have received a notice to remove it. That notice would have told him how to appeal. And what his deadline was to remove it.
    If it was a neighborhood association bill of assurances issue then there is a process in place for that as well.
    None of this involves a cop showing up unannounced to destroy and ultimately carry off private property.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,412 Senior Member
    The guy needs to put up another sign- - - -with a 25,000 volt weed-whacker electric fence charger attached to it and a motion-sensor video camera aimed at it. Then he needs to make a You Tube post with the footage!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,050 Senior Member
    Right, this guy owns his property out to the middle of the street. However, there is an easement for the road and another one for utilities. But ultimately that sign was in his yard. And further more, since when do cops take over the duties of code enforcement officers. If the city found it to be in violation he should have received a notice to remove it. That notice would have told him how to appeal. And what his deadline was to remove it.
    If it was a neighborhood association bill of assurances issue then there is a process in place for that as well.
    None of this involves a cop showing up unannounced to destroy and ultimately carry off private property.

Kinda depends on where you live. Last city I lived in the city claimed from the the street and the curb line to the edge of the sidewalk (though try now mowing it and see what happens)...signs had to be on your property,not the cities easement. City PD also did code enforcement. My point is simply that the article is poorly written and provides no concrete details...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,847 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    The guy needs to put up another sign- - - -with a 25,000 volt weed-whacker electric fence charger attached to it and a motion-sensor video camera aimed at it. Then he needs to make a You Tube post with the footage!
    Jerry

:agree:
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Jerry

As the years go by, I really really like how you think!
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,412 Senior Member
    As the years go by, I really really like how you think!

It's a blessing- - -or maybe a curse to have a devious streak a mile wide! Back in USAF electronics school our 18-year-old barracks commander used to get tanked up on 3.2 beer at the airmen's club, come in about midnight, and hold a barracks inspection. He always stopped at the first urinal in the latrine to drain out a quart or so of used-up beer. One night, he found a free-running multivibrator attached to the drain pipe that was producing 15,000 volts of pulsating DC. Low-current, so it was painful, not lethal. The barracks inspections stopped!
    :devil:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite