DPD accepting applications for Citizens Police Academy

terminator012terminator012 Senior MemberPosts: 3,868 Senior Member
This is a town about 15 miles from me in the next county. I'm not sure what my take is on this. Is this something good or is it part of The New World Order.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/2006876.html

Replies

• KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,245 Senior Member
    This is a town about 15 miles from me in the next county. I'm not sure what my take is on this. Is this something good or is it part of The New World Order.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/2006876.html

Public Relations tour. Our city does this as well, meet and greet, see some of the fun toys,(RANGE TIME!!!), learn about what is expected of the officers etc... No big deal. It is a good way to meet the local PD and build up good PR.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,465 Senior Member
    Police Academy?!? I vote for Zee to play the part of Tackleberry..............
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,836 Senior Member
    Same program in the last city in which I lived...nothing dark or subversive...nobody gets deputized...simply an opportunity for folks to learn something about the law enforcement field...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,868 Senior Member
    Thanks folks. I feel better now.
  • USUFBUSUFB Senior Member Posts: 830 Senior Member
    My town had something similar. You ride around for part of a shift, get to go to the station and see how things are done, learn about the laws and how police enforce them, etc. PR stuff, nothing sinister.
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
  • LerchessLerchess Senior Member Posts: 550 Senior Member
    USUFB wrote: »
    My town had something similar. You ride around for part of a shift, get to go to the station and see how things are done, learn about the laws and how police enforce them, etc. PR stuff, nothing sinister.

Yep. It is a great opportunity. I went through one and learned quite a bit.