Could this be true? DHS prepares for civil war.

We do not view the world as it is, but as we perceive it to be.

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,651 Senior Member
    I guess it could be true that Elvis is alive and well.
    When did hollow point bullets become illegal? Especially bullets that have been outlawed?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 617 Senior Member
    I suppose anything could be true, but this isn't an example of that.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,859 Senior Member
    If this is ordinary for the feds to buy this much ammo for practice. Where are the documents that show this many were being bought under prior administrations??
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,047 Senior Member
    The article's over a year old!
    Overkill is underrated.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,245 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Facts: don't let them get in the way of a good conspiracy.

:that: Break out the tin-foil boys!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    :that: Break out the tin-foil boys!

Just remember, shiny side out!

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    I stopped reading the article when it was mentioned that expanding bullets have been outlawed for warfare since 1969. Ummmmm, do some research and read up on the Hague Conventions of 1899.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,017 Senior Member
    I stopped reading the article when it was mentioned that expanding bullets have been outlawed for warfare since 1969. Ummmmm, do some research and read up on the Hague Conventions of 1899.

And we all know Governments always follow the rules,right?
    It's irrelevant to the conversation to begin with. We're talking about LE, not military.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 617 Senior Member
    If this is ordinary for the feds to buy this much ammo for practice. Where are the documents that show this many were being bought under prior administrations??

Wait, buy exactly how much ammo?

You see there is the rub. Some people want you to believe that DHS has purchased over a billion rounds in the past year. THAT just isn't the case at all. It's actually pretty easy to look up the purchase orders. Interesting how some will look at a 5 year contract for a possible amount and count that as being purchased in a single year. Interesting how those same people will see an order for some 700 million that was amended to correct the amount to 70 million and count it as the 700 million being purchased in that single year even tho the contract is for that 70 million POSSIBLE over a 5 year term.

Oh and by the way, as I understand it the US military runs thru about 1.2 billion rounds per year in training... come visit the local FEMA camp. We can even go down and see the FEMA coffins if you like.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    The article's over a year old!

CRAP!! I missed it!!!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    This is conspiracy theory at its best. I never thought of the Kennedy assassination theorists as conspiracy theorists. I always believed the mob had a hand in that. I don't worry about whether Oswald acted alone, I just think others were involved. But that's not really a conspiracy, it's just a difference in opinion on how it went down. But this is pure speculation with a few added "Facts" to spice it up. However, its fervor is fueled by the Obama administration. And if Obama Care goes into action and does half the damage some experts say it will, then you could see civil unrest. Also, shout they pass a very restrictive gun ban, I believe you'll see a LOT of civil unrest. And who is to say that DHS isn't just preparing for that. But we do have an alternative here. We go to the ballot box in 2014 and 2016 and vote them out. Problem solved, IF we vote the right one in.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • gunwalkergunwalker Member Posts: 470 Member
    Thanks guys. I had faith in the wisdom of the forum. Where is this stuff coming from? Especially the FEMA camps? Is this an effort to make the Obama admin look worse than it is?
    We do not view the world as it is, but as we perceive it to be.
    gunwalker wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I had faith in the wisdom of the forum. Where is this stuff coming from? Especially the FEMA camps? Is this an effort to make the Obama admin look worse than it is?
    It's a bunch of conspiracy nuts, being fed and lead by Alex Jones with Prison Planet and Infowars.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,551 Senior Member
    This is a ridiculous conspiracy theory that is probably put out there to distract from the real truth...which is probably only half as bad.
  • Mike WeberMike Weber Member Posts: 91 Member
    It's a bunch of conspiracy nuts, being fed and lead by Alex Jones with Prison Planet and Infowars.
    Yep this same material gets regurgitated on a regular basis. Along with those photoshopped pics of Israeli Golan MRAPS with DHS logo's and claims that DHS has purchased over 30K of them which would be more Armored vehicles than in most US Army Armored Divisions. A couple weeks ago on a forum that I moderate Some clown posted a thread claiming that Obama along with DHS and UN troops were going to stage a coup to overthrow the US Government on Oct.1st placing Obama in the position as lifelong dictater of the North American branch of the New World Order.

As a side note I saw a thread on another forum a couple days ago, its source the same site linked by the OP in this thread. The gist of that thread were claims that according to historic documents the 2nd Amendment was created in order to protect the government from rebellious citizens and not for the citizens defense against a tyrannical government. Consider the source before taking this stuff seriously!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    Anytime there's a lot of controversy and the country is split, the nut cases come forth with theories. However, if one administration stays in power long enough it can become dangerous to our liberties. Term limits do more good than anything else. Because it takes time to do real damage, term limits have saved our bacon. And as long as we have a conservative supreme court our bill of rights is pretty safe. But right now we're just a heart beat away from losing that edge we enjoy. So though I'm not too afraid of the Obama administration at this point, I think we need to get them out of office before we end up with a liberal majority in the court. And if we get a liberal majority in there and lose all we've gained, then you could possibly see some political unrest, but I don't know if it would be on a scale like what is being propagandized here.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Dude. W.T.F?

My contribution to the political forum. About on par with most conversations here.

:jester:
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,052 Senior Member
    That guy in the shower looks like he has for lack of a better description, a turgid member.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    I hope the government has plans made to deal with a civil war. It's not like we haven't had one before - we made no plans in advance for that one - and see what happened! I hope the government has plans for everything, real and imagined.
    Mike Weber wrote: »
    Yep this same material gets regurgitated on a regular basis. etc etc

Good comments, Mike.

Aside from making fun at the nut cases or charlatans (nut cases actually believe, charlatans are just out for a profit or attention), after you live long enough, you do actually see these things cyclic.

I clearly remember how Nixon was gonna cancel the elections and declare himself dictator. Or was it JFK? Actually, BOTH of them had devious plans to do this and it would be "soon" when their troops occupied the senate and house and put us all into bondage. I also remember that LBJ was going to do it too, and of course Reagan, Bush 1, Bush 2, Clinton, and now Obama.

My Dad clearly remembered FDR's "plans" to take over the world, too, allied w. Stalin and against Churchill and people like Patton. Not long afterward, the "world's enemy" was Truman, opposed by the lone MacArthur. And Dad was pretty serious about it, too.

It's exactly the same as the apocalypse predictions that that idiot preacher made a couple years back about 2012, plus the doomsday Mayan end of the world last November 2012, and before that, 2000, and also 2001, and 1999 (Nostradamus). Before that, if you read history carefully, it was 1950, 1935, 1900, 1800, a bunch of dates in between, too.

The End Times (whether you flavor them religiously, using astrology, nonexistent ancient predictions, or just from political trends) are predicted all the time. Politically, whenever either the Democrats or Republicans get into power a while, there are "wars and rumors of wars" as it says in Matthew.

Take the Bible's book Revelation for example... most serious biblical scholars regard it as a prediction of bad times to come soon (soon being 1st century AD), and specifically tilted against the increasingly harsh Roman rule of the provinces, particularly Nero, who is actually the "Antichrist" of that book. Not our future, not Hitler, not Stalin, not PolPot, not Nixon, not FDR, not Obama, but Nero. The "apocalypse" in Revelation has already come and gone, folks.

And it's all bunk. Not legitimate warnings or lessons to be learned or prophesies intended to change behavior and warn of impending real, honest, and actual danger (that's not bunk), but endless howlings about the end times that never, I mean never occur.

There are of course a few gullible idiots who'll sell their homes, quit their jobs, and buy up all the alpaca they can (or gold or bullets or salt or Twinkies). Sadly some of these fools wreck their lives and that of their families.

What tends to bother me is that we who oppose Obama for REAL reasons (like Obamacare or anti-2A restrictions, etc) can sometimes become so angry and frustrated that we turn to foolish beliefs. "Obama is a total liberal so he must also be a secret Muslim and wasn't born in the USA and maybe maybe he's a grey alien too?"

What I'm saying is that goofball conspiracy theories can drain our energy for zero good effect, when we really are better off staying busy opposing the Obama Regime for genuinely solid political reasons. If we spend time and energy being a "birther" then it becomes, as Robert Pirsig said so perfectly in "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance", it becomes a "gumption trap" and absorbs our energy in wasteful ways.

This is why for example I won't spell "Obammy" or other slang names. It's not that I respect him and don't think it's a bit clever, but I don't want to drift off into name calling like Harry Reid does or other Democrats. I want to defeat Obama via righteous political victory, not cheap shots. Not to honor him but instead to honor our cause.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
    samzhere wrote: »

Take the Bible's book Revelation for example... most serious biblical scholars regard it as a prediction of bad times to come soon (soon being 1st century AD), and specifically tilted against the increasingly harsh Roman rule of the provinces, particularly Nero, who is actually the "Antichrist" of that book. Not our future, not Hitler, not Stalin, not PolPot, not Nixon, not FDR, not Obama, but Nero. The "apocalypse" in Revelation has already come and gone, folks.

While the reign of Nero The Incendiary is one interpretation of Revelation, it is by no means accepted by most serious Bible scholars. There are simply too many references to people and events in Revelation that have nothing to do with the reign of any Roman Emperor, symbolically, metaphorically or otherwise. Key among them is the prophesy of the third Temple. Until the Jews break ground for that, we are not in the end times. Don't hold your breath. FYI, the Al Aqsa mosque is sited in an area of Temple Mount thought to have been the Court of the Gentiles, which according to the prophesy in Revelation, will not be part of the third Temple. It need not be razed to fulfill the prophesy. The mosque and the Temple may be situated side by side.

I agree with you on conspiracy theories. Modern man is just as superstitious as the ancients - believing in CONSPIRACY theories about Zionism, Freemasonry, Black Royalty, Lizards, Bildebergers, CFR, Federal Reserve, Skull&Bones, 911Truthers, Birthers, Crop Circles, Opus Dei, Dominionists, Illuminati, Kennedy Assassination, Holocaust Deniers, Chem-trails, FEMA Camps, HAARP, Black Helicopters, Rothschilds and Jews in general, Government Staged Mass Shootings, False-Flag Terrorism Attacks, etc., and MYTHOLOGIES like the Bermuda Triangle, UFOs, 2012, the Big Bang, Anthropogenic Global Warming or Climate Change, Macro-Evolution, etc. "Science" notwithstanding Mankind is as NUTTY as it ever was. (The jury is still out Cryptozoology - I believe in Bigfoot & Nessie. Go figure.)
    Funny list, horse!

I really really believed in Nessie for so long, a gentle wish that she/he was of course a Pliesiosaur [sp?] but that lake has been sonared to a gnat's behind. Worst is of course that there simply isn't enough sea life to sustain a creature Nessie's size. Loch Ness is just too barren.

Bigfoot? Nope, because by now, someone would have shot one or there would have been a carcass found (eaten by bears, fallen from a cliff, died of disease, etc.) and there is not one physical shred of evidence for a creature that large. Sure, new species of frogs or beetles are found but they're small. Bigfoot would not only take up habitat but would leave some evidence of foraging or other indications. Or have been shot.

I admit to a fondness for both Nessie and Bigfoot myself, and wish they were real, too.

I'm a bit skeptical about biblical prophecy that's too time-specific and event-specific but that's me. I know there are plenty of biblical scholars who see the events in Revelation as careful predictions. And some don't.

samzhere wrote: »
    Funny list, horse!

I really really believed in Nessie for so long, a gentle wish that she/he was of course a Pliesiosaur [sp?] but that lake has been sonared to a gnat's behind. Worst is of course that there simply isn't enough sea life to sustain a creature Nessie's size. Loch Ness is just too barren.

Bigfoot? Nope, because by now, someone would have shot one or there would have been a carcass found (eaten by bears, fallen from a cliff, died of disease, etc.) and there is not one physical shred of evidence for a creature that large. Sure, new species of frogs or beetles are found but they're small. Bigfoot would not only take up habitat but would leave some evidence of foraging or other indications. Or have been shot.

I admit to a fondness for both Nessie and Bigfoot myself, and wish they were real, too.

I'm a bit skeptical about biblical prophecy that's too time-specific and event-specific but that's me. I know there are plenty of biblical scholars who see the events in Revelation as careful predictions. And some don't.

Sniff. Now I feel like little Jackie Paper in Puff The Magic Dragon. Sniff. BTW, why is your post count frozen at 4,917?
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,257 Senior Member
    Sasquatch lives! I was married to her from 1969-75!
    :vomit:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,859 Senior Member
    Good Lawwrd........... Wonder what the folks in the past Biblical days thought was a conspiracy..............
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,411 Senior Member
    Even if it were close to being true, I would bet on "us"!

A good 2/3 of that would make it to "us". The military and MOST PO's would be on our side.

I honestly believe that! This is not a government that anyone in their right mind (military and most po-po) would get behind.

Nevermind the fact that "we" have more ammo. than they do.
  • conchokidconchokid Administrator Posts: 507 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    CRAP!! I missed it!!!

Photo deleted by admin.
    horselips wrote: »
    Sniff. Now I feel like little Jackie Paper in Puff The Magic Dragon. Sniff. BTW, why is your post count frozen at 4,917?

I dunno, never noticed it. Could be another conspiracy? Mebbe I should get in contact with ol' Jesse Ventura, soon as he's finished making a fool out of himself (even more of one) by suing the sniper's widow. What a maroon!