Still not Budget

Diver43Diver43 Senior MemberPosts: 8,669 Senior Member
Our Country still does not have a budget for this next fiscal year and it is not looking good. I at first was saying that our elected officials
would at the last moment do a ta da!! we fixed it type thing, but now I am not so sure.
There are some of us on here, and thousands all over the world wondering if we will be working tomorrow?????????
Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,103 Senior Member
    A political show the other day called our modern government method "management by crisis." Seems we can't work on anything unless we're in peril.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,850 Senior Member
    Business as usual, the Repubs will cave in the 11th hour to stop the shutdown
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,653 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »

Yes, and this time it will fool no one. The Republican leadership have no balls. They fear a media that will still cut them wide and deep at every opportunity, regardless of what they do.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,855 Senior Member
    The repubs should follow Cruz. He's got the balls to hold their feet to the fire. And what does everyone say about him but he's crazy. But if the Repubs would stand their ground I believe that there's enough people on both sides of the isle that are scared to death of Obama Care becoming a permanent law of the land that it would transend media hype and become a popular decision. Mark my words, the repubs won't get the White House in 2016 if they cave.

However, having said that, I was watching Hukabee Saturday night and he has a good plan. Make an agreement to fund OC for one year to see how it works and avoid the Shut Down. This wouldn't be caving and would make real sense. Then when it's kicked our Butts good and everybody is paying twice the usual for health care and out of jobs and inflation is through the roof because everything costs so much and we are nearly in a depression, we can let it slide into oblivion and the Dummycraps will get the credit for all our woes. In fact, if the Repubs do this, they will get praise from places they never thought about. There's just too many people that are scared to death of Obummer Care and praying it will just go away.

One thing the Repubs need to do though is be thinking real hard for finding another answer to our skyrocketing health care costs and helping more people to be covered. Obummer was at least smart enough to realize that it's a real problem for too many people.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »

I don't think so, this time. We'll soon see. But I think the House will hold firm and force some sort of compromise.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • agewonagewon Senior Member Posts: 655 Senior Member
    Even Cruz is going about this wrong. I'm sorry, but so far the tea party has done two historical things; once was causing us to lose our AAA credit rating, and this time it'll be either a government shutdown, or an about face that makes the whole right look worse.
    Instead of trying TJ defund the program that the administration would sell their mothers for, why not push to delay it until its READY FOR IMPLEMENTATION!! I don't mean to shout, but some states don't even have the right systems in place, nor the personnel.
    Then, we band together, look like a whole unit, and take over in the next election cycle. We new to control things and this debacle is dividing us to the point where nobody will have any faith in the right.
    I like how Cruz defends our 2A, and how he's not afraid to get his hands dirty, but it's starting to look like he's picking battles that we can't win.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Yep.
    I'll find out Mid October how much O Care is going to "save"me on my health insurance.

Me to, too, two, tutu, also, ditto. Since my insurance is from the same company that supplied my insurance at the nuke plant, and I'm paying the full cost, I expect a HUGE increase in cost this fall. Might have to go to work part time to pay for it.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    After using the insurance calculator to see what my premiums would be I've decided I'm gonna quit my job, go on welfare, get me a free phone and let Obama subsidize my insurance!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
    agewon wrote: »
    I like how Cruz defends our 2A, and how he's not afraid to get his hands dirty, but it's starting to look like he's picking battles that we can't win.

He's just trying to get you to force your congressmen to actually fight the battles. We can't win any of them that we don't fight, and the Republican leadership throws in the towel as soon as they think we aren't looking.
    Those ignorant Congresscritters(House and Senate) haven't passed a budget in years, and none of Obama's budget submissions have had any traction. I don't think they've passed a budget since Ozero has been in office. It's just been a continuing series of "continuing resolutions' to pay the bills, print money, and raise the debt limit.

If the government DOES shut down, one of the bright spots in the whole mess is that the EPA will have to close it's doors for the duration. "A consummation devoutly to be wished", as Shakespeare would say.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

One thing about it, every day or even every hour the government is shut down, that's that much less money they can spend er... or throw away that is.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    tennmike wrote: »
    Those ignorant Congresscritters(House and Senate) haven't passed a budget in years, and none of Obama's budget submissions have had any traction. I don't think they've passed a budget since Ozero has been in office. It's just been a continuing series of "continuing resolutions' to pay the bills, print money, and raise the debt limit.

If the government DOES shut down, one of the bright spots in the whole mess is that the EPA will have to close it's doors for the duration. "A consummation devoutly to be wished", as Shakespeare would say.

Yup. Since the last standoff (where the tea party stood strong demanding change). Then Obama create the advisory panel that came up blank, thus creating the sequester. Now back into the same boat.
    The budget I a joke. We're never going to budget our money. Now, the only thing the debt limit vote Is good for is to add stipulations (like Obamacare defunding) or making one side of the aisle responsible for the shutdown.
    We have balanced the budget before, back when Republicans had balls.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,729 Senior Member

You don't stop fighting for what's right just because you are outnumbered. You stand up for what's right, and fight to the last breath. This compromise horse scat is what got us into this place. Now is the place where we stand and fight. This far and no further!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    You don't stop fighting for what's right just because you are outnumbered. You stand up for what's right, and fight to the last breath. This compromise horse scat is what got us into this place. Now is the place where we stand and fight. This far and no further!

I would rather him pick battles we can't win than only stand up for what we know we can get. It's a matter of principle.

Obummer is talking live now on Fox. But I'm being spared the BS, because my satilite is losing signal due to approaching bad weather.
    I guarantee that if the Rebubs would never cave, they would be running this country right now!
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,215 Senior Member
    I don't care! They all are a bunch of idiots. There is no need for any of this crisis crap. If the gvt stops I won'rt be hurt. I have enough in the bank to cover a long time. My gvt retirement won't suffer.
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Yes, and I've built a car that runs on unicorn farts and rainbows.

I could be wrong. Realize that if there's a shutdown (whatever that is), the Republicans have already had the "bad boy" lecture from the Prez and that's the worst he can do. The House is under enormous pressure from voters to not back down. These are people who elected them and who may un-elect them in 2014. So it's to their benefit to stand strong.

Face it -- what more can the Democrats DO actually that they haven't already done. Latest polls as to who's to blame are about 50-50 Demo/Rep, slightly against Republicans. But the message is also getting across, that Harry Reid won't negotiate an inch, and that is the message that may force the Senate to make compromises.

What else can the Demos or the press actually DO to the House Republicans that they haven't already done? Nuttin. But the voters can certainly send them out of office in 2014 if they don't do what they promised and were elected to do. Unicorns be damned.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »

THIS, and what snake said prior...where is the "Like" button?

Matt
    Support your local Scouts!
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,533 Senior Member
    Even Cruz is going about this wrong. I'm sorry, but so far the tea party has done two historical things; once was causing us to lose our AAA credit rating,
    We lost out AAA credit rating because we cant back our debt. The Taxed Enough Already folks pointed it out before it blew up but in no way had anything to do with it. B. Frank and the bad mortgages that banks were FORCED to make by the gov. which were them allowed to be treated like they were actually going to be paid back, is what dropped out credit rating, no a lot of people that have had enough BS spending.
    and this time it'll be either a government shutdown,
    Big deal. There have been 17 before. What it means is that some folks will get a late paycheck. In the last one, no one lost a dime.
    Instead of trying TJ defund the program that the administration would sell their mothers for, why not push to delay it until its READY FOR IMPLEMENTATION!! I don't mean to shout, but some states don't even have the right systems in place, nor the personnel.
    Well, its a LAW so they should be ready, of course that would assume that the software actually worked, and it doesnt. However it is a unworkable law. You can tell that it is a bad unworkable law by a few things. Congress exempted itself, the Pres has re written it 17 times since it was passed ( where was that covered in civics class?) and he has written 2000 exemptions for his special interest groups.

Then, we band together, look like a whole unit, and take over in the next election cycle. We new to control things and this debacle is dividing us to the point where nobody will have any faith in the right.
    Because it will be to late by then. The hooks will be set and the health care system will be destroyed.

The pres got elected, but so did the members of the house. It is their job to control the purse, they are exercising their authority.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,280 Senior Member
    Even Cruz is going about this wrong. I'm sorry, but so far the tea party has done two historical things; once was causing us to lose our AAA credit rating, and this time it'll be either a government shutdown, or an about face that makes the whole right look worse.

That is just what they (the house repubs) are trying to do, they are insisting on a delay of the individual mandate for one yr. The senate says no.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Aaaaand, there's the shutdown. Vote 'em all out, I say.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    Harry Reid has squashed the last of the bills designed to inhibit Obamacare, so it's shut-down time, if the House doesn't cave. Now is the time for the House to start sending one bill at a time over to the Senate, to fund essential services. They have already passed one to pay the military. The Senate will have to pass most of these, because they can't gain anything more, politically, by denying essential services.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,669 Senior Member
    Well, we are shut down. Most people have received their furlough letter and are leaving or gone as I type this.
    For some reason I have been designated as "excepted" so will remain working, and get paid for hours worked when a budget is passed.
    Not much to be done as there is no funding and many offices will be 100% shut down except for the active duty Military folks.
    Lets see how our elected officials work this one out, they just pissed off over 800K voters, both parties are at fault.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,604 Senior Member
    The Sun still rose in the east this AM - who woulda thunk?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,425 Senior Member
    The stock market just went UP after the shutdown- - - - -wonder how long we can keep the Washington fat cats out of business?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    I'm finally at a point in my life that I don't really care if the government is open for business, or not. If they stay shut down for the next few months, I'm O.K. with that. I know it will hurt a lot of people that work for the government, and I would feel not so good about that, but it's time for the Congress to finally get a backbone and start controlling the purse strings of the Fed Gov as was intended and laid out in the Constitution. And if that caused Hairy Weed (sic) to be tarred and feathered and run out of Washington on a rail, so much the better, and if a bunch of the others are with him on similar rails and similarly tarred and feathered, that would be even better.

It's getting high time for a rat killin', and if this goes on long enough, maybe the 2014 mid term elections will accomplish that rat killin' in a big way. Way past time for a BUNCH of those old senile fools in the House and Senate to be put out to pasture; they are a big part of what is wrong with America. The time left to take back the government by peaceful means is growing shorter. Obama isn't Hugo Chavez and this isn't Nicaragua; he needs to be made to understand that.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,604 Senior Member
    THANK YOU Tennmike!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,425 Senior Member
    Both of our Tennessee RINO senators need to be on that "tar and feathers" list. Maybe we can pick off Alexander this time around, and Corker needs to get the boot the next time he runs. Every letter I send to either one of them includes a plea for them to either switch parties or get out of the way of the people who will actually do what we elected them for.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Now that it's shut down, we need to really see who's teetering the party fences.
    Here is a quote from the head RHINO
    We can't win," said Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., adding that "sooner or later" the House would have to agree to Democrats' demands for a simple, straightforward funding bill reopening the government.
    Way to stand your ground you freaking turncoat.