Velvet Mulies

mosseybuckmosseybuck MemberPosts: 464 Member
The local mulies know it's safe on the edge of town, so that's where they hang out. We've seen this same group a couple of different days this past week. They are a bachelor group of 10-12, most still in velvet, some losing it or with it gone. Sure would like to see the big boy of this group in my unit a couple of weeks away! I was able to walk within 30 yards of these guys and whistled to get them to all look up.P1060007_zpscb7a5052.jpg[P1060012_zps53586327.jpg[P1060014_zpsaa1c3b06.jpg[/P1060009_zps612aee0b.jpg[/P1060001_zps1c1c3862.jpgURL]URL]/URL]]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb305/mosseybuck/P1060011_zps168df918.jpg[/IMG]
USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,776 Senior Member
    That one with kickers is a real winner!!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    Some nice bucks there!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    Good luck to you. There are some fine deer in that bunch. Hopefully your unit will have some similar bucks. :up:
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,206 Senior Member
    There are a couple of bruisers in that bunch....Great pics...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 464 Member
    I just hope I can get some of their twins to show up in the unit that I drew my tag!:drool2:
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,408 Senior Member
    By "safe" do you mean they are immune to archery season within town limits, too? If not, that one with the kickers would quickly become lunch.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    Great pics
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    It's amazing to see the boys hanging out with each until you throw girls into the mix.......then it's Game ON! Looking at herd hierarchy, you see who's in the lead and who covers the rear with the fork-horns hanging in the middle.

Beautiful pictures!
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 464 Member
    Six-Gun, I'm not sure about archery tags in city. I do know there are several city dwellers that aren't as happy to see the deer as the rest of us generally are, lot of complaints about deer eating pretty plants.:tissue: Deer tags within the units near town are very hard to draw for guns.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    The problem with archery hunting near towns is how far the deer manages to run before it expires. The bunny huggers get their knickers in a twist when a deer runs two blocks spraying blood from a lung hit and croaks on the playground of the local preschool! A bang/flop kill with a quick-expanding bullet would be a lot less likely to create that scenario, but the gun-phobic fools who won't allow suppressors to be used wouldn't like the noise.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,629 Senior Member
    Nice pics, Paul. Those deer don't get big by being stupid.

Funny how that works. :)
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.