1st time ever........

5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior MemberPosts: 3,923 Senior Member
That I will have to turn in my draw tag. When I was in the Army, I could never get leave cause gunnery season fell on the same time as elk season......almost a decade of not being able to go elk hunting. Because of the new job and circumstances......I don't have the time nor the financial means.......so I'm gonna have to miss out this year........I'm pretty bummed. And no, going up for a weekend doesn't work.
God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,096 Senior Member
    That I will have to turn in my draw tag. When I was in the Army, I could never get leave cause gunnery season fell on the same time as elk season......almost a decade of not being able to go elk hunting. Because of the new job and circumstances......I don't have the time nor the financial means.......so I'm gonna have to miss out this year........I'm pretty bummed. And no, going up for a weekend doesn't work.

Man, I am bummed for you and I am 18hrs away, MHS is on a roll this year too, hope your points pay off next year.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,925 Senior Member
    That sucks.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 20,069 Senior Member
    I have a co-worker who looks forward to Elk season every year - he's counting down the days before he and his buds go off to their remote camp for a month. .300 Win is his weapon of choice.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    It's mine as well......some people poo-poo it, say it's not necessary, but I like having that extra oompf at 300 yards........an elk is much bigger than Bambi and our typical range can be a bit longer.

There's also some family contention about the cabin arraingements, and an alternative area........I just started this new job on my B-day (3 Sep) so I don't have vacation time built up and I need the paychecks and can't afford to take a week off yet.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,806 Senior Member
    It sucks not getting out there....hopefully your reward will come next year