Nuisance bear

2»

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,269 Senior Member
    Any updates? Sounds like you need to lure Yogi Bear in with a picnic basket with a turkey sandwich in it!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,584 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Any updates? Sounds like you need to lure Yogi Bear in with a picnic basket with a turkey sandwich in it!
    Jerry

He hasn't shown up in three nights. The pile of turkey guts and carcasses has only been touched by ravens. I assumed the carcasses would attract coyotes and I was right. We set some traps for coyotes and caught a decent female Thursday night.

yote_zps0ee636f8.jpg
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,727 Senior Member
    Heck ya that's a decent coyote.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,269 Senior Member
    Yep, the yotes around Tennessee are mangy-looking. That one's got a nice pelt.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Kinda funny...that yote isn't even prime yet. Close, but not prime. Maybe three more weeks. The white-tipped tail makes her a bit unusual for this region.

Ayn Rand
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,837 Senior Member
    There's a lot of red in that hide...pretty yote...that white tip of the tail will bring a premium around here...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    I know you're trying to legal and I respect that, but if a bear was damaging my "property" i.e. the Turkeys.....I'd SSS that SOB in the middle of the night. Y'all should see some of the song dogs here in CO........none are mangy looking.......they look damn near like wolves even in the metro areas!
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    Y'all should see some of the song dogs here in CO........none are mangy looking.......they look damn near like wolves even in the metro areas!

Colorado has fantastic coyotes and bobcats, but unfortunately is a "live trapping" only state. The only practical way to get coyote pelts is by shooting them. The bullet damage drives the price down on otherwise Grade A fur.

Ayn Rand
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,468 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Tell me how to get him to show up during legal shooting light, and it gets a lot less complicated.

It just takes prior planning. Next year print up some game rules pamphlets with the opening of bear season one week later than it actually starts and leave them scattered about. That way on opening day as he's doing the, "Haha, you can't shoot me!" stroll past your stand, you can whack em.......
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • sarg1csarg1c Senior Member Posts: 1,705 Senior Member
    Go and lay in the field some night, as bear chews on your leg shoot in self defense, problem solved... except for med. bills, but Obama care will take care of that...
2»