Home Main Category Hunting

A nagging desire for a .280 Remington.

13»

Replies

• beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    BPsniper wrote: »
    Hey, considering it usually takes me a year to make up my mind, I'd say we set a record here. You guys should be proud of me. I usually hym and haw around for months on end. The fact that I dive off the cliff in only two days is a testament to you all's improving enabling skill. But then, it's not in my hands yet. Reason being, of course, that I am away and unable to do anything about it. But when I get home...........

I am actually proud of you and in fact even amazed that we were an encouragement (enabling friends) for you. :guns::win: One thing for sure, you will definitely like the 280.
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    BPsniper wrote: »
    Well, damn you bunch of enablers. I come to you guys with a question and an idea. Like a man standing on the ledge of a building threatening to jump. What do you guys do? "Jump! Go ahead and jump! Do it ya pansy!!" Then, while on the brink of a decision, one of you knuckleheads comes and just shoves me off!!.........................So, when I get back home in a week, I will be getting a dandy .280 Remington. Just the kind of rifle I like. Might surprise some if you. Instead of talking me OUT of it, you enablers send someone to offer me a deal I can't refuse! Shocker!!!!! But hey, I will have my .280 and I think it will be perfect. Thanks a lot! This place rocks!!!!

Hmmm , whatever could you have found?:uhm:
    mkk41 wrote: »
    Hmmm , whatever could you have found?:uhm:

Who cares, he found something :jester: Now that said, I can't wait :guns:
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    :spittingcoffee: I'm thinking , , , he finally bought , , , a Savage!

:spittingcoffee::yesno::roll2: :rotflmao: :jester:
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,464 Senior Member
    :jester::uhm::uhm: I'm sure that is what it is...:popcorn:
    Well, maybe I won't hold my breath on that one:jester:
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 1,092 Senior Member
    The Barrel length on the Browning is to short at 22" to do justice to the 280 caliber,You could by a cheap Remington SPS 30 06/270 and rebarrel and restock or, Remington also Chamber their XCR 2 in 280, If I hadn't already bought a MK V Weatherby ultralight in 280 I'd get that one.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 1,092 Senior Member
    One more thing, if it was me, I wouldn't AI it unless it was my main hunting rifle .
    I would buy a 7mm mag if I wanted to shoot heavier bullets past the 160 mark.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,805 Senior Member
    I do love those MkV 280's! I kick myself for passing on a Fibermark several years ago
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,933 Senior Member
    I think you should put off buying the .280 and use the money to buy your wife some jewelry or something she would really like with the money you don't spend on the new rifle.

Feel better?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.