Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

'Racist' LA police dogs only bite Latinos and African-Americans

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Arf Arf....did it ever occur to them dogs were biting more ethnics because they were committing the preponderance of the crimes! Same reason our jails and prisons are filled with more of them, a fact most don't want to address and blame everyone and everything except the individuals responsible.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/racist-la-police-dogs-only-bite-latinos-and-africanamericans-8874913.html

"Police officers in Los Angeles have long faced accusations of institutional racism, but now it appears their dogs may be unjustly discriminatory, too.

A new report focusing on the Canine Special Detail of the LA Sherriff’s Department (LASD) has uncovered a vast increase in the number of minority individuals bitten by police dogs since 2004.

And in the first six months of this year, every single victim of a bite by a LASD dog was African-American or Latino.The data was published in a new report by the Police Assessment Resource Centre (Parc), a Los Angeles-based non-profit organisation, devoted to “advancing effective and accountable policing”.

According to Parc records, the number of Latino individuals bitten by LASD canines went up 30 per cent between 2004 and 2012, from 30 to 39 bites. The number of African-Americans bitten increased by 33 per cent over the same period."
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    The dogs are just looking for a little variety in their diet. White people are so bland, and biting an Asian just makes you want to bite another half an hour later. :tooth:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Atlanta supposedly retired all their German Shepherd police dogs and trained a bunch of bluetick **** hounds to replace them. They finally figured out it wasn't the Germans who were committing the crimes!
    Jerry
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I saw a TV show (Lock-up?) about Russian prisons. They use some very large canines, close to 200 pounds (?) and they are are as big as a small bear and looked pretty vicious. the Russian prisoners seemed very well disciplined too, the guards didn't take no crap from them.

When they tell them to do something, they do it. Every time they come outta their cells they have to bend and put their heads against the wall, then they are cuffed and kept bent over with guards usually holding on to their arms behind them , heads down to limit their vision and mobility. Unlike American prisoners they seem to comply and behave real quick. Of course, they didn't show what would happen to them if they were uncooperative. :roll2::roll2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,414 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    The dogs are just looking for a little variety in their diet. White people are so bland, and biting an Asian just makes you want to bite another half an hour later. :tooth:

Plus, all the white people in LA taste like sustainably harvested wheatgrass, granola, and tofu.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Simple learning curve problem. Some people learn quicker than others that running from the cops will get the dog put on you.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • USUFBUSUFB Senior Member Posts: 830 Senior Member
    I was under the impression that dogs are color blind; literally, not the PC nonsense kind of color blind. Am I mistaken?
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    USUFB wrote: »
    I was under the impression that dogs are color blind; literally, not the PC nonsense kind of color blind. Am I mistaken?

Here's a good explanation of how dogs see color. They do see color, but not like we do.

http://www.vtvets.org/owners/health_care_library/colorblind.shtml

ARE DOGS COLORBLIND?

FROM "Ask Popular Science"
    Edited by Cecilia Wessner
    Research by Liz Cowley and Stacey Sutton

It is a mistaken notion that dogs see only in black and white. If, however, what you mean by colorblind is that dogs see only a portion of the visible spectrum as compared with what humans see, then yes, dogs are colorblind. And there are a couple of methods that scientists use to determine this. But first, it is important to understand how dogs see.

Dogs have two types of color photoreception, or cone cells, on their retinas that recognize short and medium-to-long wavelengths of light, corresponding to bluish hues (short wavelength) and red-yellow ones (long wavelengths). People, on the other hand, have three types of cone cells that enable us to see the full range of colors that make up the visible spectrum. Since dogs have only two types of cone cells, the colors they can distinguish are almost identical to the colors a human who has red-green color blindness would see. Of course, colorblind humans still see many different colors, and scientists think dogs see this range of colors as well.

How do scientists know? One way is to shine beams of colored lights into dogs' eyes and analyze the spectrum, or pattern, of light that is reflected back. The results are then compared with the pattern produced when the same lights are shined into human eyes.

Another way to study canine vision is to have the dogs "tell" scientists what they see. In one experiment, dogs are shown a series of three lights; in each case, two of the three lights are the same color. With a minimal amount of training, the dogs select with their noses the colored light that is different from the others. By varying the colors of the lights and repeating the process, scientists have determined that dogs see the world in black, white, and shades of gray, with long wavelength (red-yellow) and short wavelength (blue) colors thrown in.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »

Dogs no likee rice.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,192 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Plus, all the white people in LA taste like sustainably harvested wheatgrass, granola, and tofu and cause the dogs to fart pure methane

FIFY
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Liberals, like fools, are infinitely resourceful in their efforts to confound and annoy.
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    Probably because they know who ties them to a tree in the back yard
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    FIFY

Asian glama man.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    So dogs like spicy food and dark meat........no reason to bust their nuts about it.......they just want a little flavor. It's why cops will pepper spray you before releasing the hounds......they're just looking out for their partner and adding condiments for them!
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • stepmacstepmac Member Posts: 172 Member
    If the poster can prove that police dogs in LA are being trained to attack Blacks and Latinos then he has a case. Otherwise, he does not.
    It is as simple as that.
  • stepmacstepmac Member Posts: 172 Member
    I believe that a dog's sense of smell is overwhelming and as important to his awareness of his surrounds as is his vision. I suspect that those of different races, all races, smell slightly different one from another because of the ethnic foods they ingest.

However, police dogs are trained to attack people who their human partner directs them to attack. The dogs love it BTW, to them it is a game. No police Dept would dare to train their dogs to attack one race over another. The lawsuit that would ensue if proven would be gigantic.
  • UncleBeeUncleBee New Member Posts: 14 New Member
    Are these dogs available for purchase, pre-trained?
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    stepmac wrote: »
    If the poster can prove that police dogs in LA are being trained to attack Blacks and Latinos then he has a case.

I think that kind of training used to be done in places like Alabama, Mississippi, and Georgia about 50 years ago. Not so much lately!
    Jerry