Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

The parasites are peeved today!

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
It seems that some sort of computer glitch shut off EBT (food stamp) payments in several states today, and the leeches are not happy campers! Of course, the "blame the Republicans" chant got repeated over and over. Unfortunately, somebody pointed out that even if the government shutdown continues for a year or more, funding for the EBT program will continue. Xerox, the company that administers the program, had some sort of server problem which prevented the cards from working in some areas. I pity the grocery store cashiers who had to deal with those whizzed-off folks who weren't able to party on our tax dollars!
Jerry

Replies

  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,437 Senior Member
    Read an article today about shoppers in walmart in philadelphia, ms revolting. They raised a ruckus and walked out(stole) an undetermined amount of stuff. The store was shut down for a while.
    In some areas it also affected bank debit cards not just ebt cards.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Its all Bush's Fault!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    It seems that some sort of computer glitch shut off EBT (food stamp) payments in several states today, and the leeches are not happy campers! Of course, the "blame the Republicans" chant got repeated over and over. Unfortunately, somebody pointed out that even if the government shutdown continues for a year or more, funding for the EBT program will continue. Xerox, the company that administers the program, had some sort of server problem which prevented the cards from working in some areas. I pity the grocery store cashiers who had to deal with those whizzed-off folks who weren't able to party on our tax dollars!
    Jerry

    Happened a while back to the grocery store where I spend every other weekend. We posted folks at the doors to let folks know that the debit/EBT cards weren't working so any purchases would have to be made with cash or check. We told EVERYBODY as they entered the store. You wouldn't believe the number of folks who STILL insisted on loading up the free food cart while having nothing on hand other than EBT with which to pay. I ended up putting away perishables that night for about four hours straight...doing nothing but putting away groceries that folks kept bringing out just to leave them at the register and walk away, usually grumbling and swearing at all the idiots who wouldn't give them their food. One lady actually 'female dogged' about the time she spent and wanted to know how we were going to compensate her! I said that we promised to buy her groceries next time! :devil:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Went to the park today.5 year old was looking for someone to play with; my kids kept him entertained as he was an only kid...what my boys do...GO SCOUTS!
    I was talking to his dad. He and his "girl", not married for benefits reasons, just had a kid a week ago..." Now we get $600 a month for food stamps, but the 'darn' system was down...$300 worth of steak, and we couldn't take it home...boy, was I 'p-d' off."
    Both work, apparently, but low pay and high commute jobs...but keep their taxable income low enough to get $600 each month for food...on our dime...:angry:
    I could work my numbers to get it as well, but I have to look at myself in the mirror and my kids in the eye each day...aint going to happen!
    We are a broken society. Sad times, for sure.

    Matt
    Support your local Scouts!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,082 Senior Member
    roadking wrote: »
    Went to the park today.5 year old was looking for someone to play with; my kids kept him entertained as he was an only kid...what my boys do...GO SCOUTS!
    I was talking to his dad. He and his "girl", not married for benefits reasons, just had a kid a week ago..." Now we get $600 a month for food stamps, but the 'darn' system was down...$300 worth of steak, and we couldn't take it home...boy, was I 'p-d' off."
    Both work, apparently, but low pay and high commute jobs...but keep their taxable income low enough to get $600 each month for food...on our dime...:angry:
    I could work my numbers to get it as well, but I have to look at myself in the mirror and my kids in the eye each day...aint going to happen!
    We are a broken society. Sad times, for sure.

    Matt


    I see this every day.....
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Some of that prime beef never makes it home- - - - -it gets traded for dope and booze, and the kids eat :spam: and Froot Loops and drink Kool-Aid!
    Jerry
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    Shoppers in Louisiana treated to 'no limit' EBT cards due to computer 'glitch'.


    http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7hs_vFxS8AIAZfpXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByamlqaW9mBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMwRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkAw--/SIG=11ks229aa/EXP=1381838015/**http%3a//www.cnbc.com/id/101111170


    You can't tell me that those folks didn't know what the actual limit was. I know, because I see it often enough. Customer brings $500 worth of groceries up to checkout, then wants to play the 'here, put this back' game....

    Every last one of them (the Louisiana 'shoppers) should be charged with theft. It ain't like they don't know who they are...they've got their freakin' card #s for crying out loud!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Wally World is going to get stuck with the tab on this one- - - -their corporate bean-counters told the local stores to allow the unlimited purchases instead of enforcing the $50.00 "emergency" spending limit like their own policy called for. They're probably counting on making up the difference when the leeches come back for their handouts over the next several years. How many people have you ever heard of getting off the dole once they're firmly entrenched in the system? Some of my students couldn't remember when anyone in their family ever had a job, sometimes for two or three generations. "Ain't nobody gots no job- - - -we gets a check!"
    Jerry
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Oh brother, were DID I put that 870? Either I'm gonna put myself out of the misery or put Colorado back in the National News............but I like myself too much so stay tuned for news at 11:00.........:tooth:

    No job my butt.........with a 7-8% unemployment rate, round it up to 10 and that's one in ten.........for ever ten people you meet, one is out of work. There are jobs out there, they may suck, but it's work........suck it up!

    There are people that have a bona-fide need for stamps, and the leeches give them a bad name. Mom and I are having this argument about "the Republicans being ehh-holes", and you know what it's like arguing with mom! I'll get her eventually.......both parents retired and on Medicare.........but they worked for it and pops is a vet.........they earned their benny's.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Saw on the local news this morning that much of the pear crop in Oregon and Washington is going to waste due to a lack of pickers. The farmers are desperately trying to hire workers. I have seen long time unemployed people being interviewed stating that they would accept any job. Where are they? I picked pears when I was a teenager. You can make decent money.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Those welfare moochers are perfectly willing to be pickers- - - - -they're just waiting for their community organizers to tell them which nostril to pick!
    :drool:
    Jerry
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,981 Senior Member
    Its all Bush's Fault!

    NO, blame it on his father, or Reagan, or Nixon, hell blame it on anyone, but not on OBUMMER.

    JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Those welfare moochers are perfectly willing to be pickers- - - - -they're just waiting for their community organizers to tell them which nostril to pick!
    :drool:
    Jerry

    They'd be pickers if society broke down, picking their way through every store they could bust into.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    They'd be pickers if society broke down, picking their way through every store they could bust into.

    Consider that 'redistribution of foodstuffs'. Oh, and flat-screen TVs.

    I still get a kick out of the pictures of looters during Katrina. The newsies told about looting, but sold it as 'just trying to feed their families'. Had to LMAO at the photos of the dude with a raft full of Heineken and another with a flat-screen. Remember, it's for the children!:roll:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Yep- - - -that one got copied to my pic host!

    10689Heineken.jpg

    :jester:
    Jerry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Hey, Jerry. Google the words Lootie images . That guy is in many hundreds of pictures since Katrina hit N.O. :rotflmao:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement