XL7 & 150gr GS HV Ready To Hunt

beartrackerbeartracker Senior MemberPosts: 3,116 Senior Member
Final tweaking of 150gr GS HV Hunting load for my Marlin XL7 30/06 using Hornady brass, 210 Fed Match primers, Accurate 2495BR, OAL 3.240", moving 3070fps, will adjust impact 1/2" down two clicks and 1/4" right one click. Love it when hard work and open minded efforts with powders allows me to get to this point. I don't think I could be happier with my Marlin XL7, Boyd's stock and FX 3 6x42mm Leupold

file_zpsc3cfd5bc.jpg

file_zps6b67f77c.jpg

file_zps8ecc3840.jpg

Replies

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Looks good as usual Mike, but what is the bullet?
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Read this link and it will give you a description http://ammoguide.com/?article=pricescorner/130801
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,492 Senior Member
    Mike, are thoes bullets moly coated, they sure look like they are ??

jay
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
    jaywapti wrote: »
    Mike, are thoes bullets moly coated, they sure look like they are ??

jay

There is the misconception that GS Custom Bullets are still coated with moly but GSC has once again improved a process.

GSC bullets are coated with a complex coating that consists of three metals, as before, but not moly but with another metal. The purpose of the coating is to reduce copper fouling from the already low levels that GSC drive band bullets give, and to make the barrel easier to clean, thereby increasing shot strings, before accuracy falls off. GSC bullets can be used interchangeably with conventional or uncoated bullets.
    It's an interesting concept and obviously they can be loaded to shoot accurately And I'll take your word for it when it comes to performance on game. But right now I've got .308 bullets coming out my ears around here so it'll be a while till I get room to try some.
    It's an interesting concept and obviously they can be loaded to shoot accurately And I'll take your word for it when it comes to performance on game. But right now I've got .308 bullets coming out my ears around here so it'll be a while till I get room to try some.

Yeah, I have shelves full of .308 bullets from Sierra, Hornady, Speer, Nosler, Barnes, North Fork, Hawk and GS. I do like variety, and no stone unturned. :) Hope you have a great hunting season.
    Did a final check on my load and it is consistent, makes for a lot of confidence when in the field

file_zpse34da039.jpg
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,788 Senior Member
    Nice... hopefully I can wring that kind of accuracy from my Weatherby or Savage.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Nice... hopefully I can wring that kind of accuracy from my Weatherby or Savage.

D

This Marlin setup has been a real pleasant surprise. I hope you get the accuracy you want.
    You hunting down there at home? I think you flung a craving on me and I'll go out tomorrow.
    You hunting down there at home? I think you flung a craving on me and I'll go out tomorrow.

Nancy my wife became ill and I have been attending her and helping her out. I canceled two hunts and won't be hunting until November 17th or a little after that date.
    Nancy my wife became ill and I have been attending her and helping her out. I canceled two hunts and won't be hunting until November 17th or a little after that date.

What?! sent you an email to what I think is your new one.