Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Governor Jerry Brown outlaws lead ammunition.

stepmacstepmac MemberPosts: 172 Member
First I can't believe that Californians re-elected Jerry Brown...Jerry the Fairy, Governor Moonbeam. I guess Californians have a short memory. Brown was a terrible governor the first time, and he has been no better during his second incarnation.

I doubt this loon understands what he has just done. No 22's, no lead shot no lead core bullets! You thought you had seen hoarding before? Just you wait for tomorrow!

Guns and ammo are selling like hotcakes. Gun owners are scared spitless about not only this president, but Democrats in general. If Obama could wave his magic wand and turn guns and ammo to dust can there be any doubt that he would do just that? Fear of government taking our guns is not paranoia, rather it is the proper interpretation of the facts and the history of the Democrat Party and liberalism.

Any gun owner who cares about his guns and 2nd Amendment rights who also votes for a Democrat should have his head examined.

Replies

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    I wrote California off a long time ago. It's another planet as far as I'm concerned. I don't know anyone who lives there, I don't have any reason or desire to travel there, and I'm just about to the point that if Californians keep electing fascists to their high offices, they get the government they deserve. If I lived there, I'd leave. Same with Illinois, Maryland or New York. I'm happy as a clam here in Arizona, "Blue" Californians need not apply. "Red" Californian refugees -welcome! 'Bout time.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Just to clarify this, the lead ban is for HUNTING only and it doesn't go into affect until 2019. I'm not saying this is better, but it is NOT a lead ammo ban.

That will come later.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    When some of you guys finally pull up stakes and leave commiefornia in your dust, be sure you shoot a condor with a whole bunch of 12 gauge lead slugs on your way out of state!
    :guns:
    Jerry
  • stepmacstepmac Member Posts: 172 Member
    How do you think the lead ban will affect shotshells and 22 rimfires?

Thank you for the clarification.
    My wif and I left Calif 15 years ago and love living in another state. I still drive down there annually to visit family who still reside there (poor fellows). I love not living in CA. I adore not living in CA. I feel sorry for those who do.
    I like those condors.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    stepmac wrote: »
    How do you think the lead ban will affect shotshells and 22 rimfires?

You can buy non-tox shotshells right now and a capitalist will manufacture lead-free 22 ammo. It will be more expensive, but it doesn't outlaw hunting.

I don't like the lead ban, but this is no different than the Feds banning lead from waterfowl hunting thirty years ago. Manufacturers provided a legal product and hunters adapted.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    our biggest hit will be taken by the traditional muzzleloader hunters.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Jerry Brown was, is, and always will be an idiot just that fat air-bag in San Francisco.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • JamesAPrattIIIJamesAPrattIII Member Posts: 156 Member
    From what I have heard this ban is based on junk science put out by anti-hunting groups like the Defenders of wildlife and the HSUS. It will be a real pain for porrer hunter because non lead ammo costs a whole lot more. The anti gun types know this and are just doing it to screw them. the last I heard the PRC has 1000+ pages of firearms laws but the anti-gun types always want more.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,728 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    When some of you guys finally pull up stakes and leave commiefornia in your dust, be sure you shoot a condor with a whole bunch of 12 gauge lead slugs on your way out of state!
    :guns:
    Jerry
    We have friends that live in Bear Valley (part of Tehachapi) and the Condors have been tearing up their wiring, ripping off the siding of the house and pulling out insulation and also destroying their lawn furniture. California brought in condors from Chile to bolster the flock so they aren't even pure anymore anyway.
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    From what I have heard this ban is based on junk science put out by anti-hunting groups like the Defenders of wildlife and the HSUS. It will be a real pain for porrer hunter because non lead ammo costs a whole lot more. The anti gun types know this and are just doing it to screw them. the last I heard the PRC has 1000+ pages of firearms laws but the anti-gun types always want more.

i was duck hunting hot and heavy when they banned lead shot, nationally i mean. The market responded first with steel shot. It worked okay but we had to learn to use different chokes, which is okay i guess but steel, not having the same weight as lead is problematic. It knocks them down okay on shorter shots but if you have a cripple long lite in you it just won't kill them consistently at say 60 yards. Even with head shots as they sit there. The more open chokes necessary for steel compound the problem. So you lose a larger percentage of cripples.
    A dog helps but even then, they'll dive on him.
    And furthermore, let's say I have a 1000 acre rice field that I reflood for duck hunting. But before I do that and after harvest we use it for skeet, sporting clays, whatever. As far as I know that's legal. But when it's flooded and I'm in the blind it's not. It's just stupid.

Sorry to go on so but this is a sore spot for me. I want my lead 4s and 6s back.
    A quick story and speaking of the Feds. A buddy used to have a little honey hole off the freeway. So one day he comes back to his truck and there's a Federal Warden parked there. My buddy had his license, stamps, you name it and every shell on him was steel. But this SOB found ONE lead shell at the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket in the back of his truck and wrote him a very expensive Federal ticket.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    rberglof wrote: »
    California brought in condors from Chile to bolster the flock so they aren't even pure anymore anyway.

The best comment I've heard about the condors was that the real reason those prehistoric buzzards are dying out is because they ran out of Wooly Mammoth carcasses to eat!
    :rotflmao:
    Jerry