Pistol question

roadkingroadking Senior MemberPosts: 3,056 Senior Member
At the local auction house (going to take a look see later) they have pictured a pistol, "The Infallible". Pic is horrendous, but it has a leather holster and looks okay, but I've never heard of it before, which has me interested. Any knowledge? Worth the trip since stuff goes for dirt at this auction.
Also an Ever Johnson (not Iver)and Arm and Cycle Works dbl barrel 12 and old revolver.
Auctioneer never puts up descriptions in order to draw you in.
Any advice?

Thanks

Matt
Support your local Scouts!

Replies

• roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Thanks dld, that's it. 32 acp and ugly, but different. My google foo is off today.

She also put up another dbl barrel. One barrel reads "Eduard Kettner", the other "Marke Rhenus"

I have no need for any of them, but sometimes an odd ball strike me as entertaining.

Will work on my google skills.

Thanks again.

Matt
    Correction, I asked for better pic. It is an Iver...38. Might need to look it over for fun.

Matt
    They pulled the Iver before the auction. I went to look at it, everything seemed okay until I replaced the cylinder and closed it up and went to set it on the table. it popped open. Another guy (local gun smith) picked it up and checked it out...the retainer (? for lack of the proper term) wouldn't hold the cylinder and barrel in place. Either worn out or broken, but a functioning pistol. Auctioneer took it off the list and returned it to seller with the info.
    Good to know they value their bidders (and insurance policy) over a sale.

Matt

PS the dbl went for 250. Missed the infallible...was talking with a friend.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Kettners is one of the two big gun distributors in Germany, Franconia is the other (biggest). It probably is a house brand made especially for them by one of the German gun makers. Probably well made, but equivalent to a Sears or Western Auto made by Winchester/Remington would be to us.

I'm not sure if they make guns themselves or not, originally they/he did way back, usually known as a budget brand.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!