Ak's Dangerous even when a Toy!

2»

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,253 Senior Member
    Has the dash cam and audio been released? Do we know if the police did tell him to put the gun down? Was one officer yelling or was it multiple officers at the same time, coming out as a jumble?

There is a flip side to the story, too, that might not be fully known yet....
    Overkill is underrated.
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,517 Senior Member
    I think the cop did what he had to do! By the way there were two cops and one witness. The witness said the whole thing took about ten seconds.

That kid removed the orange from both toy guns so they would look real and they did. The main thing on a cops mind is going home and making love to his wife. Never mind it's not going to happen, he's married, but that's what he wants to do at the end of the day. Point a gun at a cop and you will be shot.

Where were the parents in this? Where did he get these toys? Wasn't he instructed in the use and safety of these toys? Delivering papers while carrying a rifle and pistol? Lets say he was going to play a paint soft army game with friends. Those pellet can put an eye out! What about safety equipment? When my kids were given BB Guns they were instructed on the use, operation, danger and respect for these guns. They were kept in my gun safety with other guns. When they wanted to use them they had to ask and I opened the safe. Any violation of the safe gun rules meant the BB gun and kid were grounded. They were warned not to argue about any of it or I would destroy the gun. Did the parents not know he had modified these toys? Should you give a pellet gun to a kid and say go at shoot your buddy without adult supervision? To me it looks like the apple didn't fall far from the tree. The parents had more of a hand in this than the cops.

My child's education and safety is my responsibility!
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,276 Senior Member
    Let's see...Poor decision making skills + arming one's self with realistic looking weapons + disregarding instructions from an armed police officer = suicide by cop...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"