I'm getting too old........

NNNN Senior MemberPosts: 23,904 Senior Member
for this hunting business.

Today I walked in and hunted a place that has been a squirrel honey hole since I retired, nothing seen.

It was along a dirt path that could take a pickup back in '85 and for a few years after that until the National Forest stopped
off road forest vehicle use. Since then it has become over grown with saplings and many blown down trees litter the path to
the point I can lose the path trying to get around the debris and have to search for the path. I used to be able to follow it in the dark
without a flashlight.

Today I stumbled upon a camp site that was not there last year, a nylon tent and plastic tarp, both mostly collapsed. Some gear and trash left behind.
No dead body or old remains.

Nice weather, in the mid 50's.

Now I am so sore I need a bottle or to go to a spa.
A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.

Replies

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    i remember when they started closing the NF to off road use of motor vehicles. Here they started with only certain walk in only areas, which I thought was cool. Most folks are lazy. Then they closed it all which I didn't like so much because you were and are pretty much restricted to campfire wood you can find near the main roads.

But I think it's a good thing now. So many people were dumping trash and all kinds of stuff. Not to mention tearing up the woods on 4 wheelers etc. I've seen some real damage. Especially in and around creeks.

Anyway, yep, we're getting older. I can still paint the town red but it takes me longer to feel up to putting on a second coat.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Yes you are. Best bet is to get yourself a waffle iron, and get practicing.

Be careful what you ask for. Old guys will beat you with experience and treachery every time. They may also beat you with a waffle iron.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,904 Senior Member
    At that hotel, win or lose; I won't be making waffles.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,269 Senior Member
    It will take some pretty determined distraction to sidetrack Patel the Waffle Nazi!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,545 Senior Member
    Look. The loser makes the waffles. End of story. Since you have a reputation there, it may be more difficult. Maybe we can have Clean run interference.

I noticed last year, more people were going to breakfast early and I suspect it was in hopes of witnessing Ned's waffle making ability. Kinda like going to a dirt track race to watch the wrecks.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,468 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Today I stumbled upon a camp site that was not there last year, a nylon tent and plastic tarp, both mostly collapsed. Some gear and trash left behind.
    No dead body or old remains..

Everyone is finding these abandoned camp sites and now we have photographic evidence of this..........

IMG_0001_zpscd24c7ec.jpg

........ roaming the woods.

Coincidence??? I think not!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    you.m

What's a you.m?
    A typo
    Sensitive are we.

Been thinking about the rules, best make them favorable to your case.
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    The great philosopher Toby Keith said, "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was."
    Dr. db wrote: »
    The great philosopher Toby Keith said, "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was."
    I saw him sign that song----he did not look old to me.