Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

This guy is dumb, but NYC is out of control.....

5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior MemberPosts: 3,923 Senior Member
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/26/us/new-york-jfk-flight-guns/?hpt=hp_t2

See link for pic of the rifles.

"New York (CNN) -- A man was arrested Saturday at John F. Kennedy International Airport after checking a loaded rifle and three other illegal weapons, according to a Port Authority spokesperson.
Keenan Draughon of Clarksville, Tennessee, was arrested after he checked two handguns, two defaced rifles and high-capacity magazines, according to Port Authority spokesperson Joseph Pentangelo.
In New York City, it is illegal to carry a handgun or possess a high-capacity magazine. Rifles and shotguns are legal to carry if unloaded with a proper permit, according to Pentangelo.
The two rifles were defaced, one with purple paint, covering the serial numbers, which is a crime, according to Pentangelo. One rifle was loaded.
Draughon, 23, was stopped and questioned at security before going through metal detectors while trying to board a flight to Charlotte, North Carolina. He had checked the weapons in gun cases at Terminal 8, according to Pentangelo.
Draughon also had a fifth weapon -- a shotgun -- that was legal to travel with, according to Pentangelo.
"It's unusual, but it's not remarkable," Pentangelo told CNN about the case. "Luckily, no one got hurt."
Draughon faces two counts of criminal possession of a weapon, two counts of criminal possession of a defaced rifle and two counts of criminal possession of large-capacity magazine.
Draughon was in custody Saturday. CNN was unable to identify or reach an attorney."
God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!

Replies

• agewonagewon Senior Member Posts: 655 Senior Member
    It's more of a hassle than anything. If none of those weapons were loaded, he'd probably get off no problem. Like jersey, the weapon you're transporting has to be legal in the place of origin, as well as the place of destination. And painting over the serial numbers doesn't sound like they've been defaced. Sounds more like creative writing by a journalist.
    That being said, what idiot would check a gun at the airport while it's loaded?? I know people mistakenly forget that they're carrying and all, but he was transporting it! Doesn't everyone check to make sure their rifles are unloaded before transport?
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,092 Senior Member
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/26/us/new-york-jfk-flight-guns/?hpt=hp_t2

See link for pic of the rifles.

"New York (CNN) -- A man was arrested Saturday at John F. Kennedy International Airport after checking a loaded rifle and three other illegal weapons, according to a Port Authority spokesperson.
    Keenan Draughon of Clarksville, Tennessee, was arrested after he checked two handguns, two defaced rifles and high-capacity magazines, according to Port Authority spokesperson Joseph Pentangelo.
    In New York City, it is illegal to carry a handgun or possess a high-capacity magazine. Rifles and shotguns are legal to carry if unloaded with a proper permit, according to Pentangelo.
    The two rifles were defaced, one with purple paint, covering the serial numbers, which is a crime, according to Pentangelo. One rifle was loaded.
    Draughon, 23, was stopped and questioned at security before going through metal detectors while trying to board a flight to Charlotte, North Carolina. He had checked the weapons in gun cases at Terminal 8, according to Pentangelo.
    Draughon also had a fifth weapon -- a shotgun -- that was legal to travel with, according to Pentangelo.
    "It's unusual, but it's not remarkable," Pentangelo told CNN about the case. "Luckily, no one got hurt."Draughon faces two counts of criminal possession of a weapon, two counts of criminal possession of a defaced rifle and two counts of criminal possession of large-capacity magazine.
    Draughon was in custody Saturday. CNN was unable to identify or reach an attorney."

How was someone going to get hurt? The loaded gun going off in the case? What is defacing a firearm? Zee is going to be in big trouble for the custom paint jobs(not).
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    agewon wrote: »
    I know people mistakenly forget that they're carrying and all,...

Not trying to pick a bone but I don't buy that people forget they're carrying.

This guy was a moron for trying to check in firearms at an airport without paperwork not to mention loaded firearms. I don't care what city it is. Something tells me that perhaps this guy wasn't playing with a full deck, seriously... a pink spray-painted AK?
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Maybe the NE coast needs "paperwork", but I've had no problems from Kentucky to Colorado....but I know the rule is firearms unloaded...lockable hard case.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!