Home Main Category Clubhouse

College football

SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior MemberSovereign SCPosts: 5,463 Senior Member
Did anyone see the Carolina / Mozambique game? Wow, just wow. Carolina was down 17-0 and pulled it off 27-24 in double OT. What a RUSH to watch!
Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
Wambli Ska wrote: »
I'm in love with a Glock

Replies

• centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,579 Senior Member
    Yes...I was surprised to see that...I was wondering when SC was going to start playing football this year.SC did a good job of showing Mizzu what happens when you get cocky in the SEC. No pun intended. But then, this has been an odd year for the SEC And ACC.

I am a little upset FSU didn't continue to grind NC State into the ground. They kinda turned the second half into a scrimmage for the 2nd and 3rd string. I understand reducing the risk of injuring starters when you have a huge game the following week, but still..
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Connor Shaw is dangerous.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Sovereign SCPosts: 5,463 Senior Member
    You know, Clowney has been in the spotlight, and he hasn't had the explosive plays this year like he did last year. But when you look at the other teams offensive plays, they have 2 or even 3 players dedicated to neutralizing him.
    Thompson did his all, but just couldn't get anything to work. We need to work with the boy a lot more to get him where he is worth a crap.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
    So that loss to the Gators last year in the Gator bowl doesn't count? The Browneyes shouldn't be in the top ten. Their last credible win was against Arkansas in 2011. Kinda the same as Oregon, UCLA, and Stanford....all overrated. In the last 10 years, Ohio state has been 50% at bowl games, Only 25% vs SEC in bowl games...

Clowney doesn't have the supporting cast on defense he had last year. That is helping Offenses double down on him. While he is making plays and is just as explosive, he can't be a one man defense.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    Just because you go undefeated doesn't mean you are a national caliber team. Ohio state didn't play a single team last year of caliber. They struggled to beat Wisconsin, Purdue, and Indiana...Wisconsin!!! really?

Heck I don't think FSU deserves to be number two until they beat Miami. I am an FSU fan!! They have had two "nobody games" on the schedule and the only power in the ACC is Miami and Clemson. Wake forest will surprise people from time to time and so will Boston College. But over all, the ACC is not the power house the SEC and Big Twelve are. Heck, and even then Schools left the Big twelve for the SEC because they knew that is where the college football is played.

The same goes with Oregon. Those teams out in the PAC are always overrated. IT is almost as if the PAC votes on who they are gonna inflate to the BCS top three, between UCLA, USC, and Oregon. And after the vote, the rest of the PAC does their best to lose to the voted team during the season so they will stay in the top BCS rankings...IT is not as if they are actually any good...they just beat up on teams less than them. Kinda like how when a Varsity squad uses the JV for scrimmage...

The gator bowl I was referenced was from prior to the bowl ban.
    In regards to Ohio State...

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,838 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Yep, but they still have both #13 LSU and #11 Auburn left to play not too mention the SEC schedule they've already played
    And OSU's played or have left to play???
    Let's see, highest they've played is #16 and the only ranked team they have left is the current #21 :roll:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/440840-college-football-debunking-the-soft-schedule-argument ..... that said, I believe that the money is more important than what teams are scheduled

You can't brag how tough a division is, then complain you have a tougher schedule........ can't have one without the other.

Lots of ranked teams are beat every year by the 'softballs' on the schedule. Nothing brings out the 'A' game of a team like playing a nationally televised game/
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson