Home Main Category Clubhouse

Lady Gaga does Botticelli's famous Birth Of Venus

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Trick or treat!

The woman is major flaky.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,272 Senior Member
    More like Lady Gag Gag!
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    I just threw up a little in my mouth.. ugh!

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Trick or treat!

The woman is major flaky.

Respectfully disagree. She's totally aware of her oddball persona and it's intentionally cultivated to ride the edge but not be nasty, just daring. She knows exactly what she's doing -- ever seen her on Letterman or another variety show? She's smart, sharp, funny, and in complete control.

I'm personally not a fan of pop music at all, but I appreciate her style -- she writes her own songs and mostly designs her own costumes, all the antics she undergoes are done for the bottom line, to increase her popularity and sell albums. She's crazy all the way to the bank.

Like I say, she doesn't float my boat because I'm not a pop fan, but I do appreciate her style and push, and say hey, gal, you go!
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,877 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Respectfully disagree. She's totally aware of her oddball persona and it's intentionally cultivated to ride the edge but not be nasty, just daring. She knows exactly what she's doing -- ever seen her on Letterman or another variety show? She's smart, sharp, funny, and in complete control.

I'm personally not a fan of pop music at all, but I appreciate her style -- she writes her own songs and mostly designs her own costumes, all the antics she undergoes are done for the bottom line, to increase her popularity and sell albums. She's crazy all the way to the bank.

Like I say, she doesn't float my boat because I'm not a pop fan, but I do appreciate her style and push, and say hey, gal, you go!

Agreed.
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »

Sorry, but based on my personal experience, and I've had a lot of personal experience with flaky women, she's flaky and as nutty as a fruitcake.
    Only my opinion and I'm probably wrong. I know she makes beaucoup bucks doing what she does. What that proves is that there are lots of flaky people out there willing to spend money on stupidity.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,656 Senior Member
    I like Gaga, I agree with Sam. Most of her music doesn't do much for me, but I admire her style!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,673 Senior Member
    What style?

If she wasn't running around naked she would be on the way out more than she is. She isnt daring, its just a train wreck waiting to happen, and soon the whole "LOOK AT ME" thing isnt going to help her bottom line. I actually like a few of her songs, not what you would call a fan, but really think she should stick to more music and a bit less buff.

Yes it is for the bottom line, when she showed up ate her sisters graduation half naked was when it became a obsession about her.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,203 Senior Member
    If I made that kind of cash showing off my butt, I would be doing it too. Wait, I already do that for free. I need to get paid!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,748 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    If I made that kind of cash showing off my butt, I would be doing it too. Wait, I already do that for free. I need to get paid!

You did get paid, Buffy took care of you didnt he?

SE Shoots is not Vegas, what happens there for sure DOES NOT stay there!!!
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Sorry, but based on my personal experience, and I've had a lot of personal experience with flaky women, she's flaky and as nutty as a fruitcake.
    Only my opinion and I'm probably wrong. I know she makes beaucoup bucks doing what she does. What that proves is that there are lots of flaky people out there willing to spend money on stupidity.

I'll tell you why I think you're incorrect on this one... there has never been any sort of news about Lady Gaga getting in trouble for drugs or booze or fights or whatever. The sensationalist press follows her around constantly and any public slip-up would be splashed on the Net. But nothing. There haven't even been any solid rumors of her using drugs or booze beyond pure recreational, if that.

Also, I've seen her on Letterman, etc, and she's always coherent, smart, and very much in control of her "persona" -- believe me, it's all an act.

Not that she's some reserved quiet person in truth -- she's obviously a brash and over the top young woman. But her "antics" are all onstage and otherwise promoted carefully.

Another thing is that she isn't hanging around with the sort of rapper thug that many young female singers seem to gravitate toward. Her boyfriend ventures seem to be lots more stable.

I may be wrong, and frankly it's of no major consequence to our lives either way, but I really do think that her antics are staged and that she's very aware of her presence. And making millions.
  • stepmacstepmac Member Posts: 172 Member
    While anyone over the age of about 40 thinks Lady Ga Ga is very strange, but you have to give her credit for being great at what she does. She is paying her silly gig to the hilt and laughing all the way to the bank. I don't think she takes herself that seriously. She saw an opportunity and took a shot at it and did it very well. She'll eventually retire a very rich women, and I say more power to her.

She decided to be as outrageous as possible and so she is. Hard to do. She recognizes the ridiculousness in life which is insightful. She is not stupid, rather she has taken silly to the max.