Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate is executive at company that built Obamacare web

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Interesting, to say the least!

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/25/michelle-obamas-princeton-classmate-is-executive-at-company-that-built-obamacare-website/

"First Lady Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate is a top executive at the company that earned the contract to build the failed Obamacare website.

Toni Townes-Whitley, Princeton class of ’85, is senior vice president at CGI Federal, which earned the no-bid contract to build the $678 million Obamacare enrollment website at Healthcare.gov. CGI Federal is the U.S. arm of a Canadian company.

Townes-Whitley and her Princeton classmate Michelle Obama are both members of the Association of Black Princeton Alumni.

Toni Townes ’85 is a onetime policy analyst with the General Accounting Office and previously served in the Peace Corps in Gabon, West Africa. Her decision to return to work, as an African-American woman, after six years of raising kids was applauded by a Princeton alumni publication in 1998

George Schindler, the president for U.S. and Canada of the Canadian-based CGI Group, CGI Federal’s parent company, became an Obama 2012 campaign donor after his company gained the Obamacare website contract.

As reported by the Washington Examiner in early October, the Department of Health and Human Services reviewed only CGI’s bid for the Obamacare account. CGI was one of 16 companies qualified under the Bush administration to provide certain tech services to the federal government. A senior vice president for the company testified this week before The House Committee on Energy and Commerce that four companies submitted bids, but did not name those companies or explain why only CGI’s bid was considered.

On the government end, construction of the disastrous Healthcare.gov website was overseen by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), a division of longtime failed website-builder Kathleen Sebelius’ Department of Health and Human Services.

Update: The Daily Caller repeatedly contacted CGI Federal for comment. After publication of this article, the company responded that there would be “nothing coming out of CGI for the record or otherwise today.” The company did however insist that The Daily Caller include a reference to vice president Cheryl Campbell’s House testimony. This has been included as a courtesy to the company.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/25/michelle-obamas-princeton-classmate-is-executive-at-company-that-built-obamacare-website/#ixzz2ivs5nkW7
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Add this to Benghazi, IRS, Oblivitcare ect. There is only one way to stop this. VOTE! November 2014 is the time to neuter Oblivit and show him what lame duck is. Start there and November 2016 change it all. We can and moan as much as we want but that will change nothing. Would you fight to save this country? I would and I'd die for it. Vote for Lady Liberty because she's in intensive care. Oh yeah, don't wear cammys to the polls, you'll scare the dipwads. So stop: :bang: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,064 Senior Member
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,414 Senior Member
    Impossible! Everyone knows that it's only conservatives that use cronies!

That said, this could only be a coincidence
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    So, what else is new? You think only the Prez gets to do "crony-capitalism?" First Ladies get to play too. I wonder if Michelle is proud of her country today. Was she yesterday? Will she be tomorrow? That 2008 comment of hers was unforgettable and unforgiveable.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,814 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    So, what else is new? You think only the Prez gets to do "crony-capitalism?" First Ladies get to play too. I wonder if Michelle is proud of her country today. Was she yesterday? Will she be tomorrow? That 2008 comment of hers was unforgettable and unforgiveable.
    I doubt it. Both of those dirt bags are a couple of commie b-tards.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,339 Senior Member
    Hmmmmm Minority-owned low bidder...sounds legit to me.... amudgarden.gif
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Hmmmmm Minority-owned low bidder...sounds legit to me.... amudgarden.gif

It was a "No-Bid" contract.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,814 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    It was a "No-Bid" contract.

Yeah, they just handed over 600 million over to a company that got fired from doing the Canadian healthcare website, and it didn't work either.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Hey, they used the same process that was successful in how they gave money to "Green Energy" companies. Solyndra is going gangbusters isn't it?
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,101 Senior Member
    I just read a Time magazine in a lobby talking about the poor O'Care website, they forgot to mention the link to Michelle O, oops.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11