Dear ________ I would like to see a ____________

shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior MemberPosts: 5,427 Senior Member
It was mentioned on the thread about the SP-101 in .22 LR that Ruger must be listening to what people are saying online and elsewhere. In spirit of that, what is on everyone's wishlist that does not currently exist from manufacturers?

I've got a bunch of "wants," but a few of the big ones are here:

-Ruger to bring out an SR1911 in Commander length (true 4.25") at about the price range I see them at now ($600-ish). I wouldn't mind a bobtail option either.

-Ruger to introduce a "Mark 4" .22 pistol without the silly loaded chamber indicators and mag disconnect that the current one has.

-More 10mm choices please!

-A package gun with a quality optic on it, say a Redfield, Nikon Buckmaster, or Leupold Rifleman or VX-I. Remington, Savage, Weatherby, Ruger... Anybody listening?

I think that about covers it for now, I'm sure I'll think of more later :angel:
- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
"It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

Replies

• beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    I want the No. 1 Standard model by Ruger produced again and not two or three years from now. I also would like to see them chamber the 358Win again.
  • ericbericb Banned Posts: 392 Member
    Ruger:
    A GP100 sized .44 Special
    The return of the #3 in traditional chamberings of .45-70, .22 Hornet, and new chambering in .460 SW

More rifles available in .35 Whelen and .358 Winchester

That is about it, I have to commend the firearms manufacturers of late for their new releases and R&D. When you think about it, there are more real quality rifles and handguns of available today than ever before and, in relative terms, more affordable. Look how many different makers have very good 1911s available. The off the shelf accuracy of today's rifles are better than any other time in history. I remember learning as a kid that if you got 1.5" - 2" out of a rifle you were doing great. Now, we are not happy if gun shoots over an 1".

Even as little as 30 years ago, if you wanted a .45; you bought a Colt. A .357...A Smith, a Python or a Security Six. Bolt gun? Winchester or Remington, Brownings and Rugers and Savages were out there but didn't sell very well. Self defense guns were basically a .45, .357, or .38. The only 9s were Walthers and early Smiths and Hi powers.

We have it good today guys
    "HunterJoe...You need to stick to topics you know about, which I realize is going to limit your post count."~Dan Johnson
    Very well said eric, you are so right about rifles being very accurate out of the box and we do have a lot to choose from these day and relative speaking as you pointed out, the prices are not bad for what we are getting.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    I would like to see a decently priced express rifle in 45/70.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,930 Senior Member
    One thing I really want but haven't put enough priority on is a good solid 22LR hand gun of some kind. One I really would love is a Model 41 S&W long slide version. Those things are very accurate. The only thing I ever saw out of the box as accurate was an old long slide Hammerly pistol. Now that thing was awsomely accurate.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,930 Senior Member
    I wish I had a good P-14 action. I think it would make a great 45-70. And it's strong as Fort Knox. I would build it with a 22 inch barrel and put a low power scope on it in a nice wood stock like a Boyd's Classic model. That would be awsome.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,099 Senior Member
    As long as we're talking about what we want from gun manufacturers:

I would like to see the entire firearm industry grow a pair - collectively adopting and applying the "Barrett Doctrine" to all government small arms purchases, be they local, state, or federal. The gist of course being "If the public can't own it, neither can you", and "If the public is getting taxed on it, so are you". Hang together, boys, or hang separately.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    ericb wrote: »
    Ruger:
    A GP100 sized .44 Special

:that:
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,773 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    I would like to see a decently priced express rifle in 45/70.

YES!

Dear Savage, I would like to see a reintroduction if the 99 Lever action. Since I am wishing, make it in 308, takedown, and with the cartridge counter.

Dear Charter Arms, I would like to see you deliver on your promise of the Rimless Revolver.

Dear Ruger, Can you PLEASE introduce a revolving carbine based on the Super Redhawk? Make it in .454 Casull, please.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    some double action .41 revolvers, and some affordable 45-70 , strange but maybe a .41 magnum lever gun, and some .17 in handguns both revolver and semi-auto
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    I'd like to see Remington 700 actions sell for LESS than a complete rifle!!! That's all I want. Just the action. While I'm wishing, how about for less than $300?
    "....the true general purpose big-game cartridges used in this country come in but two calibers, .30 and 7mm. (the .270 Win. is merely a slightly aberrant 7mm whose bullets are .007" undersize.) -Finn Aagaard - American Rifleman, December 1986
  • BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    Oh, I'd like to see companies stop using the side of a 1911 slide as a billboard. Smaller lettering, please. Or at least make it pretty. A la Kimber. Big block letters are NOT attractive! Just because there is empty space does NOT mean you have to fill it with text!
    "....the true general purpose big-game cartridges used in this country come in but two calibers, .30 and 7mm. (the .270 Win. is merely a slightly aberrant 7mm whose bullets are .007" undersize.) -Finn Aagaard - American Rifleman, December 1986
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,810 Senior Member
    Ruger, how about a factory silenced 10 / 22, factory silenced MK III and why not bring back the 10 / 22 WMR with all the fixes people have found for it?

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    BPsniper wrote: »
    Oh, I'd like to see companies stop using the side of a 1911 slide as a billboard. Smaller lettering, please. Or at least make it pretty. A la Kimber. Big block letters are NOT attractive! Just because there is empty space does NOT mean you have to fill it with text!

:that: :applause: :agree:

... and can we do away with the serrations on the front of the slide also?
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,018 Senior Member
    Dear Powerball I would like to see a Huge check with my name on it :cool2:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet wrote: »

:worthy:
    "HunterJoe...You need to stick to topics you know about, which I realize is going to limit your post count."~Dan Johnson
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »

D I N G ... D I N G ... D I N G we have a winner!!!
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,018 Senior Member
    I thought y'all might get a laugh out of that :rotflmao:
    If it ever happens (doubtful though it may be) I would probably join Wambli's old "Gun of the week" club :roll2:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    High capacity 22LR handgun, like 30 rounds minimum!

Cheaper ammo prices

223 ammo upgraded to do a proper job on SBR's including AR handguns

A jamless, either HK, Benelli, FN, Remington, semi auto 12g shotgun with magazines (Saiga like) for the 3 gun matches

Pistol round revolvers that don't need moon clips which are not as expensive and hard to get as the Medusa.

Single stack, 9mm baby Glock

I'm gonna get a lot of slack for this one...9mm lever action, classic wood, blued steel but chambered in 9mm

8 gauge shotgun and lots of ammo choices, just want to own one and punish myself

While we are at it, lightweight SBR 12 gauge with 4 barrels, shock absorber on stock, close consecutive triggers, maybe a "pump like" safety level? Think very sudden close quarters encounters with an angry bear or giant iron pumping machete wielding PCP laden attacker. Point, pull pump safety back, shoot, run like hell, if you miss the sweet spot you might still slow them down enough, at least scare the hell out of them. Truth, it would be a blast to let that one loose...
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
    bruchi wrote: »

I'm gonna get a lot of slack for this one...9mm lever action, classic wood, blued steel but chambered in 9mm

8 gauge shotgun and lots of ammo choices, just want to own one and punish myself

While we are at it, lightweight SBR 12 gauge with 4 barrels, shock absorber on stock, close consecutive triggers, maybe a "pump like" safety level? Think very sudden close quarters encounters with an angry bear or giant iron pumping machete wielding PCP laden attacker. Point, pull pump safety back, shoot, run like hell, if you miss the sweet spot you might still slow them down enough, at least scare the hell out of them. Truth, it would be a blast to let that one loose...

You really need to lay off the 'shrooms.
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    ericb wrote: »
    You really need to lay off the 'shrooms.

But, but, it was "fantasy" time!
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • mythaeusmythaeus Senior Member Posts: 831 Senior Member
    Dear BATFE, I would like to see you disbanded along with the complete repeal of the NFA.

Love,
    Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,736 Senior Member
    I would like to see a true conservative Republican President who

1. Drastically cuts back on the size of Govt and stops Govt interference in peoples private lives.........
    2. Doesnt take any PC bulldust from the 'turn the other cheek' crowd......
    3. Re-affirms conclusively by deeds/words the right to bear arms.....
    4. States in clear terms that illegal immigrants are breaking the law and will be sent home...
    5. Gives me a 'Green card' by Presidential decree.....
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Ruger, how about a factory silenced 10 / 22, factory silenced MK III D

Granted............

http://www.guncity.co.nz/22-ruger-hogue-stainless-hushpower-full-barrel-silencer-xidp213978.html
    orchidman wrote: »
    I would like to see a true conservative Republican President who

1. Drastically cuts back on the size of Govt and stops Govt interference in peoples private lives.........
    2. Doesnt take any PC bulldust from the 'turn the other cheek' crowd......
    3. Re-affirms conclusively by deeds/words the right to bear arms.....
    4. States in clear terms that illegal immigrants are breaking the law and will be sent home...
    5. Gives me a 'Green card' by Presidential decree.....

I think at heart you are really a US Citizen, well said, :beer:
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,629 Senior Member
    Dear Winchester, please re-introduce the Winchester Model 88. In particular, please produce it in .358 Winchester. Adding 7mm-08 would be nice, too.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    I think at heart you are really a US Citizen, well said, :beer:

Thanks.............but it shouldnt come as a surprise.........I am more a 'Southerner' than most people......:usa:

Actually , I would settle for Obama losing the next election......
  • justin10mmjustin10mm Senior Member Posts: 688 Senior Member
    Dear Ruger, bring back the Security Six.

Dear Ruger, go back to making Mark II .22 pistols.

Dear S&W, bring back the 657 .41mag. Mountain Gun.

Dear Marlin, get rid of that stupid cross bolt safety.

Dear Taurus, stop it, just stop it.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,353 Senior Member
    I'd like Ruger to make a semiauto .357 rifle like the .44 Magnum they had.
    orchidman wrote: »
    Thanks.............but it shouldnt come as a surprise.........I am more a 'Southerner' than most people......:usa:

Actually , I would settle for Obama losing the next election......

Hey man, Yes on being more a Southerner and for sure I would settle on Obama losing the next election. Well, even though you do not have a US citizenship card, as far as I am concerned, you are an American, a US citizen. :beer: