Home Main Category Clubhouse

Distracted driving is dangerous- - - - -

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
Like for instance, reaching for a cell phone that's ringing, running a wheel off on a 45-degree sloped shoulder, sliding sideways, hitting a tree, then rolling up on the driver's side in the ditch. Getting a massage from an air bag is now on my "don't do this on purpose" list!

Anybody need a slightly wrinkled 97 Explorer? I can give you a real bargain on one!
Jerry

Replies

• EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,420 Senior Member
    You break a mirror or something? Your luck has been terrible lately

Maybe you should think of.... extra protection

bubble+wrap+guy.jpg
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Just a few bruises and scratches- - - -air bags and seat belts work, and I've finally figured out a good use for a sunroof- - - -crawling out of a wreck when the driver's door is planted firmly on the ground!
    Jerry
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,203 Senior Member
    Pictures or it didn't happen.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,664 Senior Member
    So much for the Explorer...did you bend yourself any?
    Edited to add; I see you didn't do too much damage...that's a good thing...you're grounded...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,340 Senior Member
    Well hope all is well and nothing hurts to bad. Seems the sense of humor is still intact.

Sako
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Pictures or it didn't happen.

Wait for daylight- - - -I'll have a small photo album for ya!
    Jerry
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    You've got to stop taking driving lessons from Alec. Glad you didn't get banged up too bad. Come morning, Miss Mary may do more damage to you than the wreck.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
    Guess who the cell phone call was coming from- - - - - - -!
    Jerry
    Teach wrote: »
    Guess who the cell phone call was coming from- - - - - - -!
    Jerry

worf_zps3001d601.gif
    She wanted me to bring a candy bar home to her!
    Jerry
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,270 Senior Member
    Glad you are ok Jerry. Cars are literally a 'dime a dozen' and can be replaced but people like you are very rare.

olesniper wrote: »
    You've got to stop taking driving lessons from Alec.

Hey, I resemble that remark!!!......................er................um..............resent, yeah that's better.............I resent that remark! .............Although I did drop the left hand side of the Quad bike into a 6' deep hole and ended up perched at a 45 degree angle this afternoon. Trouble was the hole was full of water and I had to get Bloodhound to tow me out damnit!
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Jerry, glad you're OK. And now your students have a new project.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,748 Senior Member
    Glad to hear the story first hand. That means you are OK. Will this now be a new fixer upper project?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Wow, glad you are OK. I know there are some hairy places on the roads to your place. Leaving once a pickup truck came around a curve hogging the road and one of my tires started sliding on a drop off when I got as far right as I could :yikes:

You need a Bluetooth :jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    - - - -crawling out of a wreck when the driver's door is planted firmly on the ground! Jerry

The downside of having the steering wheel on the incorrect side.:devil:
    Glad to hear you are ok.:up:
    shush wrote: »
    The downside of having the steering wheel on the incorrect side.:devil:
    Glad to hear you are ok.:up:

Yes, but wouldn't it have been the same if he was driving on the the "Wrong" side of the road like y'all do? :uhm::uhm::uhm:

But maybe you are right, if he was driving on the Right side of the Road like we do and had the steering wheel on the Wrong side....................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    She wanted me to bring a candy bar home to her!
    Jerry

OK, gotta know.....you get a ride up to the store and fetch her a candy bar yet? :tooth:
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Yes, but wouldn't it have been the same if he was driving on the the "Wrong" side of the road like y'all do? :uhm::uhm::uhm:

But maybe you are right, if he was driving on the Right side of the Road like we do and had the steering wheel on the Wrong side....................

:confused:
    Again please!:tooth:
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,702 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    OK, gotta know.....you get a ride up to the store and fetch her a candy bar yet? :tooth:
    I was wondering who was going to ask that. Mr. Jerry, you have a bunch of people coming over anytime soon to go shooting? That seems to be the pattern here.

Glad you're okay.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Glad to hear you are OK.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    Glad you are OK Jerry. Are you still on blood thinners? Make sure to be extra cautious for the next few days and don't be alone... k?

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 5,008 Senior Member
    Jerry, glad your OK, do us all a favor DONT DO THAT AGAIN.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,539 Senior Member
    How you feeling today Teach? Usually feels worse 2-3 days later. Hope that shoulder is still happy, bet your wife is tired of "these" phonecalls:nono:.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,374 Senior Member
    Glad you weren't seriously injured :angel:

Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when you told Mary though :cuss:

Bet she set you straight :tooth: (or bent your ears back a bit)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,203 Senior Member
    When I hurt myself, I get a paper cut or stub my toe. Jerry-- he don't mess around. He wrecks machinery, bashes his face in... stuff like that.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,272 Senior Member
    WOW! Good thing you were on four wheels and not two!! Glad you are OK!! I suggest you and Miss Mary get out and trick or treat and stockpile those candy bars!! You can go as
    7588084458_686aab04ca_z.jpg
    You did tell the cops that you swerved to avoid a deer, right.
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Glad you are OK Jerry. Are you still on blood thinners? Make sure to be extra cautious for the next few days and don't be alone... k?

D

Yes, I'm on Pradaxa- - - -so far, none of the goshawful side effects the TV ads from the ambulance chasers are talking about! I've got a couple of abrasions on my left forearm from the air bag and one small hematoma, bit Mary is watching that one like a hawk! Thanks for being concerned!
    Jerry
    OK, for all you folks who watch the NASCAR boys at Talladega waiting for "the big one"- - - -enjoy! All that right side damage is from sideswiping a tree less than a foot in diameter! Then it dug in and flipped onto the driver's side.

Explorer_pics_001.JPG

Explorer_pics_002.JPG

Explorer_pics_005.JPG

Explorer_pics_005.JPG

Safety equipment such as seat belts and airbags does work- - - -a few years ago a wreck like that would have involved some serious injuries or worse!
    Jerry