Home Main Category Clubhouse

Home sick with a fever... Ugh!

BigDanSBigDanS Senior MemberMiami, FL almost in the USA ;)Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
Some people should really go to hygiene class.

My daughter had a Halloween party at a friends house Friday night with five other girls. One of the parents knew their girl had a fever and sent her anyway! The host of the party sent her home but the damage was done.

Jiana's fever started Sunday at 1 PM, 40 hours after the party was over. Four of the six girls are sick and my fever started a few hours later.

My high temp has been 101 and Jiana has been at 103. Hopefully we'll get over it soon. I feel like dirt.

D
"A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:

Replies

• centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,579 Senior Member
    Zinc, vitamin C, and lots of fluids...Sorry brother.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,561 Senior Member
    With your wife being a Doc and all, I wont even begin to give advice. Will just say; hope you both are feeling better soon.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Birth Is Fatal.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,579 Senior Member
    Seriously, Dan your wife is a doc? Heck, you be like all state.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • stepmacstepmac Member Posts: 172 Member
    Drink bonded bourbon until the pain stops. When it finally does you'll be all better.
    I used to be a high school teacher. Parent would send their sick children to school all of the time. For them we were free baby sitting and medical care. The result was that I was sick all of the time for the first five years I taught. Eventually, you catch all of the local colds and it is not such a problem. Of course I made my wife sick too which made me feel even sicker.

Parents should not send their sick kids to school, doing so is thoughtless.

After having taught for years I concluded that parents should take classes and acquire a license before being allowed to have children. Most would fail the test. However, a great many teachers should not be teaching either. Many did not care a whit for the job or their students. They were used to the pay and time off. When one considers the value of their time off and the cost of their benefits teachers are paid enough. Yet many complained. I loved the job. I loved my subjects and respected my students who did well.

Proper teaching takes talent, not just pedigree. A great many teachers, even though some tried, did not have the talent required.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Miami, FL almost in the USA ;)Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    stepmac wrote: »
    Drink bonded bourbon until the pain stops. When it finally does you'll be all better.

This! Kill it all with alcohol! Problem is I do not drink. Daughters temp hit 103.9. It is wonderful to have Dr. Mom on the job and she is off for the next 5 days. To add to our anxiety, our 17.5 year old dachshund ( my wife's second child ) will not stand up and is likely on her way out. To borrow from Hee Haw, " Gloom despair and agony on me!"

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
    BigDanS wrote: »
    This! Kill it all with alcohol! Problem is I do not drink. Daughters temp hit 103.9. It is wonderful to have Dr. Mom on the job and she is off for the next 5 days. To add to our anxiety, our 17.5 year old dachshund ( my wife's second child ) will not stand up and is likely on her way out. To borrow from Hee Haw, " Gloom despair and agony on me!"

D

Having a live in doctor is convenient. Truthfully, when sick I drink tea. Children do tend to have higher temps than we do...of you had 103 you'd know it! That's when you'll see pink elephants walking around the walls.

You have a wonderful wife and child, and you are all home sick together! You'll look back on it as a great time. At least on some level I envy you.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Miami, FL almost in the USA ;)Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    We are so angry with the parents that sent their sick daughter. Turns out they new she was sick AND sent her with MEDS to manage her fever. It does not help we have known them for 4 years. Might be flu , maybe not. One of her party mates went to our Pediatrician and was told it is not flu, but another was told it is flu. Jiana's fever has hit 104.9. Thank God for Dr. Mom.

D
    Say, 104.9 is getting up there. Have you thought about putting her in a tub of ice? I understand that sometime "they" do that. The family who sent the sick child to you should have their collective heads examined.

Hope you guys get better!
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    Fever is abating, thanks all.

D
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Atlanta GaPosts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Feed a cold and starve a fever. Granma said. :vomit: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned HoustonPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
    There was another thread about a bug going around. Girlfriend and I've both been sick for a few days, myself worse than she.

Last night I peaked out, got all feverish and tired, and when I tried to sleep, I'd have horrendous nightmares (as can occur during a fever). Ick. Was up all night, moaning around in the recliner and generally making a nuisance out of myself, my girlfriend being gracious.

Finally about 9am the fever broke and within about an hour I was dozing all comfy. Seems to have run its course, no aches or headache or fever or other symptoms, just worn out.

Thankfully we'd gone grocery shopping not long ago and were stocked up w. OJ and some ice cream and other decent stuff.

Re. drinking booze? I found myself, and others may experience this differently, but if a teeny cold or ache, sure, a bourbon helped me feel better. But if I was really sick, especially w. an actual fever, booze make me sicker than not, churning my stomach and causing massive headaches. And yes, it was top quality bourbon.